Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. L P DuggalYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of psoriyasis and precautions want to be take and how to cure it with out side effects?
I am having black spots on hands. Consulted doctor and used lotions and ointments but no results. Spots are just normal. Caused due to mosquito bites and rashes but not getting shaded. please suggest.
My daughter is suffering from stomach ache and loose motions form yesterday night ,moreover I found blood in her motions so please prescribe me duet as well as any medicine.
Hello doctor I don't know what happened to me I visited gynaecologist she said nothing to worried actually I had bleeding from my mouth while coughing nd as well as blood in stool in regular intervals. My bp is alws below 100 nd I feel very tried nd weak. Period blood count is also low my age ia 28 now please do help me out need to consult any other doctor.
I have a little itch in my right chest. Is this leeds to any serious problem. Although there was another hitch in my left chest, but it vanished in 4 days.
Hi im 30 years old. Im so irritated with whiteheads on my face. Mine is dry skin. Im applying scrub but also it is spreading on the face. Can you please suggest any cream.
Hi, My skin s very sensitive and dry, can you pls tel me the ways to keep my skin moisture and how to get rid of white patches caused during winter season? And also ways to get rid of pimple and black spots Thanks.
I am 44 yrs old lost few months onwords my legs, if I keep on one by one where the pressing area showing a hole, after some time this will become normally what's this?
My face & my hands is oily and day by day is becoming more oily and black so give me some cream through which I can fair up myskin and hands.
Pimpals kaise think kiya jay. Or kid we bache or pimpals think hone me baad chehre per daag na pade.
My mother's er, pgr is 0 but her neu is 2+.She had MRM 1 1/2 month before. What does it mean ? What treatment should be given so that disease never reoccur?
There are black blemishes on my face. Becoming dark on nose n both cheeks. please suggest me any remedy.
Sir dermablend is very full coverage scar and naturally bland on skin. Dermablend very good coverage scar. Sir my wedding pls help me. 0.5 inch accident scar on my face.
Hi Dr. Iam 32 years lady. On between my mouth and my nose place is very blackly appeared. What is reason and give me a solution to clear that mark. And also my skin is dry in the winter season.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a form of digestive disorder, which affects the lower oesophageal sphincters or the muscle ring present between the stomach and the food pipe. GERD incorporates the return of the contents of the stomach back to the oesophagus or food pipe. The functioning of the lower oesophageal sphincter is disrupted.
Causes: Hiatal hernia is a common cause of GERD. An unhealthy lifestyle and diet may also lead to GERD. Intake of an excess amount of chocolates, fried food, coffee or alcohol triggers the chance of a reflux. GERD also occurs in obese people and pregnant women.
Symptoms: Heartburn, also known as acid indigestion, is the primary symptom of GERD. The affected person may feel a burning chest pain which starts from behind the breastbone and reaches up to the throat. The feeling can be defined as food coming back to the throat with a bitter, acidic taste. The burning sensation may last as long as two hours.
Other symptoms include:
- Excess saliva secretion
- Chronic conditions of sore throat
- Gum inflammation
- Tooth cavities
- Unpleasant breath
In order to diagnose GERD, several tests may be conducted . They are:
- An X-Ray of the upper part of the digestive system.
- Endoscopy to examine the inner part of the oesophagus.
- Ambulatory acid test for monitoring the amount of acid within the oesophagus.
- An oesophageal impedance test to measure substance movement inside the oesophagus.
- A person must make several changes to his daily lifestyle and diet plan for treatment of GERD.
- Food and beverages like chocolates, fatty food, coffee, alcohol and peppermint should be avoided in order to reduce the weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter. Several food items irritate the damaged oesophageal lining and should also be avoided. They include citrus fruits, tomato and pepper.
- Smoking cigarettes results in weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter and should be stopped to reduce GERD.
- One should elevate the head of the bed on which he or she sleeps on blocks measuring 6 inches. This reduces the heartburn as gravity minimizes stomach reflux to return to the oesophagus.
- Over the counter medicines can be used to cure GERD. Antacids are a good example and neutralize the acid in the oesophagus and stomach, reducing heartburn. Combining antacids with foaming agents is also effective. A foam barrier is formed over the stomach, preventing the occurrence of acid reflux.
- Medicines for reducing acid in the stomach are prescribed in cases of chronic GERD, which include H2 blockers by the likes of cimetidine, famotidine or nizatidine.
GERD is a digestive disorder, which causes disruption in digestion, as reflux from the stomach is returned to the oesophagus. Proper treatment measures should be taken. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.