Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. L N TanejaYour feedback matters!
Hi I have a 1 month old baby. He has got neck fold rash on right side of the neck. Please suggest what can be done fir the rash. Any home remedy or oil or any rash cream please suggest.
My baby is one and half year old. She did not eat well properly. What can I do what food shall I give her?
My son is 3 years & 11 months old he always repeat what ever we say same thing repeat he always like to watch rhymes he always sings rhymes in home we generally speak Telugu and English but if we say something will not focus at all and is there any problem and required speech therapy and we feel that he is not able to understand how to answer. Please suggest anything wrong in my baby.
My 6 month baby has started to take solid food. But she refuses milk. I will struggle to her to drink 2ozs milk. But she takes solid food for my compulsion. She doesn't show interest on solid food. My worry is that she is not interested on solid food at the same time she refuses the milk. please give me best solution as soon as possible.
I am 15 years old boy I want to grow height to reach my goal what to do and I have right hand finger pain so I need a solution.
My son was clapped by his dad on my sons back and thrown on chair after he cut his sisters hair. I recall my son crawling away and his dad running after him and clapping him on his back some more. Another occasion he put a whole pepper in his mouth because he was annoyed by his son. My son was diagnosed by PTSD. My son is petrified of seeing his dad and cries at the mention of seeing him. He talks of running away. As a result he pees and messes himself up. His dad wants to see him. His dad has admitted to having a anger problem. Do I force my son to go visit with him. I am concerned about his emotional wellbeing. What am I to do.
My baby eat very less food. He did not eat chapati. He has small hole in his heart. But he recover day by day. Pls tell any precaution or medicine.
Hello. My child is 6 years old and he is in 1st standard. He has constipation problem. But now due to medicines his motions are regular. Problem is, he is doing potty in school and that too in pants. Since 8 days he is doing potty in his pants in school. How can I help him, so that he doesn't dirty his pants in school and go to washroom on time?
Hi Doctor, Why Febrile Seizure happens in children under 5. How to find is it shivering or seizure. Why it not happens in every babies when they have fever above 100f. Please reply.
Dear Doctor, We are in a happy mood and blessed a baby Girl and she is running 5th Month now. But now the problem is My wife is not able to provide the Breast feed she had consulted doctor many times regarding the same, she is using GALAKOL tablet but unfortunately it is not happening at all. Now we want relaxation as well. Can you please provide the best medicines and the Diet to get a Breast feed to my child.
My little boy aged 33 months has normal bowel movement but with bad odour. At times he strains himself to let it out though he drinks a lot of water. How to help him to overcome this problem.
My wife gave birth to a baby boy on 20th March 2016. Since inception the baby is ignoring mother's breast feeding, we are feeding him with Similac powder as suggested by our doctor. But we want mother's feeding, please advise what to do?
Hello. My child is. Now 2 month old. She is just breastfeed. She is 59 inch in height. And she is measuring 4200 2 weeks ago. Is this normal height and weight? I want my baby to gain weight because she looks lean, can you please suggest me fruits or vegetables that I should include in my diet. So that she can gain weight.
My daughter is 2&half year old she was very active and walking and running well but from past 1 month she is Unable to walk, stand even Unable to talk we have done mri but of no use.
Here are symptoms, reasons and management of ADD and ADHD.
Hi my Dr Priyanka Srivastava doctor at lybrate. Today lets understand the concept of Hyperactivity in children.
This hyper activity as we say that it says attention deficit disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. So in its normal for children to occasionally forget their homework, daydreaming during the class, frigidity during the dining table and act without thinking. So these attentive impulsivity and hyperactivity are all the science of ADD which get effects the child's ability to learn and get along with others. So let's address this problem by recognising its signs and symptoms. The signs and symptoms of ADD or ADHD typically appear before the age of 7. However at times it can be difficult to distinguish between a normal behaviour and ADD child.
What are the signs and symptoms of a ADD child.
- Number one is the child who cannot sit still are having the symptoms of ADD.
- Number two is who never seem to listen. When the child is never seem to listen.
- Thirdly is the children who do not follow the instructions, no matter how clearly you present them.
- Fourth who blurred out inappropriates comments at inappropriate timings.
- Fifthly is who tend to be moody and overreact emotionally.
- Sixthly, Sometimes these children are labelled as troublemakers or criticized for being lazy and indisciplined.
- Seventhly, they were stuck to you as disrespectful, weird or needy. So these are all signs and symptoms of ADD or ADHD. So it is a time for the parents to take a call and to consult a psychologist.
What are the reasons behind ADD.
- Number one, whenever there is a learning disabilities our problems with reading writing Motor skills all language In a child.
- Number 2 is any traumatic experiences in their life.
- Number 3 is psychological disorders which include anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder.
- Number four is behaviour disorder such as conduct disorders.
- Number 5 is when there are medical conditions including thyroid problems, neurological conditions, sleep disorders and so on.
Apart from all these things, there are certain positive traits with ADD children. ADD children are usually very creative children. ADD children are very flexible to the social environment. Number 3 is there enthusiastic and spontaneous to the action. Number 4 is they have a high energy drive to take on their life situations. ADD is not related to intelligence as it is far away from that because many ADD children are far more intelligent than others. Now what are the parenting trip to that need to be followed to manage this type of a children. Effective parenting we mean it's not the bad behaviour of the parent but it is an effective behaviour from the parents to the child. It requires open communication from the child towards parents. It requires more structuring. Parents it requires more love and affection from the parent to the child.
If all these been given during the parenting an ADD child can overcome with this issue of the problem if you are wanting to concern more in detail about this type of any issues related to the children you can consult me online and offline through lybrate.
Hello doctors My 6 month old kid having fever since yesterday between 99 to 100 and giving babygesic between 6 -7 hours gap. NOT ANY STOMACH OR THROAT INFECTION. Please suģgest for allopathic or homeopathic safe medicine for him or any other home remedies.
I am breastfeeding and one of my breast is swollen as my 04 month old baby did not feed properly for a day after his vaccination. Due to this, I have a fever and abdomen pain. The doctor prescribed Pacimol 650 and zifi 200 tablets. Are these medicines safe for breastfeeding?
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.