Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kusum JindalYour feedback matters!
Ginger or adrak, a staple spice of Indian household today, originated in the south-east Asia more than 5000 years ago. Back then, it was considered a medicine for all ailments. It contains a compound known as 'gingerol' that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Ginger has been used to combat the common cold in addition to being a taste enhancer in food and tea. But little do we know about the gamut of health benefits that it provides.
Here are some amazing health benefits of this wonder spice:
1. Boosts immunity
It cleans the body's sewage system thereby preventing the accumulation of toxins. Cut ginger into small pieces and put into a bowl of water and then boil for 8-10 minutes. Drink this herbal solution for 3-4 times a day, relieving you of the irritating coughs in addition to boosting your immunity. If you do not like the taste of it, stir some honey or lemon into it.
2. Helps in weight loss
Ginger also helps in promoting weight loss. It activates the body's metabolism and hence leads to burning of fat. Heat a cup of water till it boils, now add a small piece of ginger and keep it covered for five minutes. You can add lemon juice to taste. Drink this before breakfast for reaping maximum benefits.
3. Regulates blood pressure
Ginger acts similar to blood pressure controlling pills. It blocks the flow of calcium into heart cells which lowers blood pressure. Drink ginger tea before breakfast instead of popping the prescription pill.
4. Helps clear acne
The ginger extract helps in purification of blood. Extract ginger juice and store it in a refrigerator. Mix 2 tablespoon of ginger juice along with 2 tablespoons of honey and consume every morning on an empty stomach. This helps you get rid of a pimple, acne, and other skin disorders.
5. Lowers cholesterol
Consuming 2-3 grams of dry ginger every day has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels. Consuming ginger activates an enzyme that increases body's use of cholesterol. It also protects a diabetic person's organs such as liver and kidneys.
6. Aids in digestion
A good stomach is the sign of good health. A common problem among the mass is indigestion. Ginger is helpful in battling indigestion. Peel and cut the ginger into small pieces. Soak these in honey in a bottle and keep in sunlight for 10 days. Consume 2-4 pieces every morning.
7. Cures nausea
Chewing raw ginger is effective in treating nausea. Wash and peel ginger before cutting into small pieces. Chew these pieces throughout the day. You can also grab some snacks containing ginger.
8. Eases muscle pain
Heavy weight lifting at the gym often leads to muscle pain the following days. The anti-inflammatory property, attributed to sesquiterpenes such as zingiberene present in ginger, helps in reducing exercise-induced muscle pain if taken consistently over a period of time. One teaspoon of dried ginger or 2 teaspoons of chopped ginger can be added to meals daily.
9. Relieves joint pain
The anti-inflammatory property of the ginger helps in fighting osteoarthritis- a condition of joint pain and stiffness. Applying ginger oil topically on the joints lowers the pain and also eliminates the necessity to pop pain killers.
It should be noted here that ginger should not be given to children under the age of 2 years. For children over 2 years, you should consult your doctor to determine the right dose. Adults should not consume more than 4 grams per day.
With so much to offer, ginger can safely be tagged as a superfood that you should make a part of your daily diet.
Sir my wife is pregnant and its blood only 8 gram and She has more stomach ache everyday and more pain in head hand and whole body part what I do tell me the solution?
My ovulation is start. How to utilize it for better result of conception. What I have to do for that I can conceive. Please revert asap.
I had unprotected sex sex with my bf after my 15th day of period. Would i pill help in avoiding pregnancy within 24 hrs?
Why is it that every time I had sex my vagina releases milky white substance and it also makes my panties smell foul? It is also sometimes itchy. No sperm came in except for the time that he was not sure because he did not feel it. But I saw him get it and he ejaculated outside, only one burst of it. Am I pregnant?
I am 31 years old female. My usg report shows hypoechoic SOL in UTERUS measuring 2.1 x 1.1 cm. Is it very dangerous? Is it hamper my pregnancy?
Warning for smart phone users: Don't bend your neck beyond 20 sec continuously, otherwise need to face serious problems.
Prevention: The pain can be avoided when mobile users correct their holding position to their eye level, so as to decrease bending over on to mobile.
My girlfriend had her last mc on 15th july onwards. On 23rd we engaged into foreplay where I rubbed my NAKED genital against hers. But she had her underwear on. I did not ejaculate. Today is 15th august and she still has not got her periods. We are extremely tensed. What could be the reason of not going the periods?
I am a lady of 31 years old and a known case of pcod since 8 yrs. I am not getting my regular periods.
Tea is known for many beneficial properties that it contains. Whether it is black tea, green tea, white tea or any other kind of tea, there are numerous health, home and cosmetic benefits attached to tea. Tea bags once used do not necessarily need be thrown in the trash once they have been dunked and seeped into the boiling water and milk, if you are using any. There are a number of uses which one can derive easily from these tea bags so that one can get glowing skin and varied other health benefits. Read on to know more about the hidden benefits of these tea bags!
- Tea bags for your eyes: The number of antioxidants present in tea makes it ideal when it comes to banishing those under eye bags and dark circles. You could freeze these tea bags in the freezer after you use them and then press them onto your eyes for a few minutes the next day. This will help in visibly lightening the area and clearing the bags that may have formed under the eyes due to long hours spent working and other factors like stress.
- Tea bags for food flavouring: You can use these tea bags to flavor various dishes as well. That’s right this can be used as a robust condiment with pasta, grains and chicken. You can use these tea bags in the water which will be used to boil grains and pasta so that the flavor can get infused in these ingredients. You can use flavored tea bags like chamomile and cinnamon to make a difference to the dish that you are preparing.
- Tea bags in the garden: Whether you have a large garden, a small patch or a few pots that grow herbs and other smaller flowers and vegetables, you can easily use tea bags in the water that you use for watering these plants. This will help in preventing the onset of any kind of fungal infection as far as the plants go. You can also use these bags as ingredients for your comps bins so that you have natural fertilizer containing the rich goodness of tea as well.
- Tea bags to deal with odours: Tea bags can be placed in muslin bags and hung from various rods and placed in corners, to act as a deodourising agent. You can also place these tea bags inside the refrigerator so that you eliminate the various scents and odors that are not too pleasant.
- Tea bags for cleaning: You can also use these tea bags to clean your rugs and carpets. These can be frozen before they are opened and the dried tea leaves can be spread over the various stains before being brushed away. The stains will also lighten gradually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.