Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. KushalYour feedback matters!
I'm 26 years old, I'm pregnant and my 9th month is going on this dec'15 but we didn't feel any pain since my date is on 24 Dec by doctor, then I want to know is this a normal phenomena or any serious issue, please suggest what should I have to do now, since I have only two to three days time before my actual delivery date, and I want to birth in normal conditions, not cesarean.
Make diwali healthier: try these 6 healthy desserts!
Diwali is an ancient indian festival and the most awaited one at that. Be it bursting crackers, meeting relatives or savoring mouth-watering sweets, everyone has a special reason to make merry during diwali every state of india celebrates this festival of lights with its own special dessert recipes. In an attempt to avoid overindulgence, here are some healthy sweets and desserts that you can try this festive season:
1. Sesame seeds laddoo
- for a change, you can avoid the boondi laddoos this diwali and instead opt for sesame which is a rich source of calcium and magnesium.
- this laddoo is prepared by dry roasting the sesame seeds and then grinding them to a powdery texture along with sugar and cardamom powder.
- you can replace sugar with jaggery which is a healthier option too. Add roasted peanut chunks to the laddoos for a crunchy twist.
2. Pumpkin delight
- forget the calorie-rich kheer and choose pumpkin this season to add the extra fibre and goodness of vitamin a to your pumpkin payasam.
- you can make this dessert using all healthy ingredients like mashed pumpkin, milk, sago, cardamom powder and a pinch of saffron.
3. Ragi treat
- why not embrace ragi as your favorite cereal and make some mouth-watering delicacy out of it.
- ragi or finger millet is known for its high protein and mineral content.
- combine ragi with the grand flavors of saffron and cardamom, roasted peanuts and dried coconut and you can make some healthy and delicious barfi.
- add jaggery for the sweetness. You can easily replace the usual high calorie kaju barfis with this delicious treat.
4. Coconut macaroons
- some delicious macaroons can be baked with the healthiest ingredients like coconut, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar to taste and absolutely no oil content.
- once out of the oven, they have a hard texture and equally chewy feel from the inside.
- they make the best choice for an evening snack and are filled with goodness of coconut which help in digestion and also add a glow to your skin.
5. Date laddoos
dates (khajoor) are known for their iron content. Try to rope in the vitamins and minerals of dates to use them for ladoos instead of using besan (gram flour).
- in this recipe, dates are mashed till soft, heated in a pan with little coconut oil and then sesame powder is added to them while kneading them into a dough.
- add pieces of roasted cashew and cardamom powder to the kneaded dough for the flavor. When ready, roll them over sesame seeds for both the look and the taste.
- this is yet another treat for your sweet tooth without the harmful effects of either sugar or ghee (clarified butter)
6. Oats barfi
- when it comes to health, none can forget the ubiquitous oats. From breakfast to snacks, oats are the perfect choice for the health freak.
- this diwali make your favorite barfi with oats, anjeer (fig), dates, pistachios and flax seeds.
- use a little coconut oil in a pan and heat the mashed dates and coarsely ground roasted oats.
- add the other ingredients with a pinch of saffron and spread the dough it out in a flat dish.
- cut them into sizes you love and relish them with family.
Enjoy this diwali with your favorite sweets but without the sense of guilt with these exotic yet healthy recipes. Happy diwali!
Menopause automatically brings about a dip in testosterone and estrogen levels in a woman’s body. It leads to certain changes in the body and also reduces libido. A drop in libido means that sexual arousal becomes a cause of concern. This can bring in certain problems in your sexual/conjugal life. Lower estrogen levels reduce supply of blood to the vagina, thus resulting in lubrication problems. A dry vagina during sexual intercourse can lead you to experience pain during sex.
There are some other factors that can affect a woman’s libido after menopause:
1. Problems in sleep
2. Anxiety and depression
3. Problems of the bladder
4. Certain medications
5. High stress levels
To remedy lubrication problems, use water soluble lubricants to lubricate your vagina. Avoid using non-water soluble products such as petroleum jelly as it can weaken the latex. Non water soluble lubricants are also known to aggravate bacterial vaginosis. You may also use vaginal moisturizers to address the issue. There are oral medications that are available, which cause the tissues of the vagina to thicken, thus causing less pain during sex.
Improving your libido
You can opt for estrogen therapy to reduce pain during sex as this therapy helps in vaginal lubrication. The main objective of estrogen therapy (Hormone Replacement Therapy) is to ease the discomforts associated with a deficiency of estrogen secretion in the body. You should consult a professional who will be able to guide and counsel you.
Certain other measures to rev up your libido have been listed below:
- Indulge in foreplay: Try and include activities such as oral sex and erotic massages in your agenda. Experimentation with foreplay can help spice things up between you and your partner.
- Try out new things: Change your sex poses, read erotic books or watch erotic videos as these may help in boosting your libido.
Bear in mind that menopause does not prevent STDs; you still need to take proper precautions before engaging in sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I want to know that what precautions should be taken for being physical with a girl for the very first time (girl and boy both are mature) and what changes does the body faces after being physical for first time.
Sir I m 25 her old & my wife age is 24. Sir we have a baby girl , her age is 4 year. Sir now we want to another baby. So we had tried 2 time recently but unfortunately our embrio miscarriage 2 time . Yesterday the last miscarrege, it was only one month embrio. Doctor why is the resion behind it.
I had sex on 1 st march. But we use protection but the condom had broken and slightly it may touch vagina. So can I be pregnant? Actually I had periods on 17 th march but till now I did not have. M I pregnant?
One of my relatives 24 years old female person married just one year back. From the starting itself she is getting pain in her vagina at the time of sex. She is getting feared to meet with a sexual relation with her husband for that pain. She thought in the starting it might be painful later on it would be normal but after one year also the same pain is happening. Please can you suggest me any medicines or any way so that she can get relief from that pain. Thanking You.
With the change in lifestyle and stressful work profiles, a few ladies lean toward fasting with little alterations like tasting some water, tea or coffee. Few of them likewise consume fruits and dry fruits. In case you are fasting the altered way, you can begin your day with the same meal excluding dry fruits, fruits and coconut water.
These things can be included later in the day when you truly feel the need. Abstain from drinking an excessive amount of tea or coffee. Likewise, abstain from eating anything sweetened and high in sugar items while you are fasting. As the time gap will be long between your meals, eliminating these foods will help you stay away from unnecessary stress on the digestive system. This is how you can fast the healthy way during Karva Chauth:
- Nuts: Have plenty of nuts, for example, almonds and walnuts as they build up your energy for the day and are highly beneficial for your health. These nutritious nuts are high in fats that are essential for the body (connected to anti-aging and bringing down cholesterol). They are high in protein, which will keep you satisfied for a longer period of time.
- Water: Drink two to three glasses of lukewarm water. In case the water is warm, it gets consumed quicker as it matches the surrounding body temperature. This is essential to fuel up your reserves at the time of your sargi.
- Tea: It is an individual decision to consume some fluid at night. For those of you, who might want to do this, ensure in case you are having tea, to drink it with plenty of milk. Generally having tea on an empty stomach will increase the acidity of the stomach and may bring about pain.
- Sargi: In the morning while you have sargi, maintain a strategic distance from extremely sugary foods. In case that it is an absolute necessity, have just a bit to taste. The guideline is that sweet foods have a tendency to disturb hunger later in the day. So stay away from those appetite enhancers by keeping away from a lot of sweet. Homemade paneer is a healthy choice as it is high in protein and will in this way give you energy.
- Breakfast: Go for a light breakfast in the morning to stay away from a migraine and feeling heavy-headed the entire day. You may pick products like fruits and whole grains for your breakfast rather than refined oats and bread.
- Organic Products: Desserts build your hunger even more. In this manner try staying away from desserts the entire day. Rather you can pick organic products, as they give you early satiety with healthy nourishment.
After how many weeks of Medicine abortion, I can sexually involve with my partner? And also tell me how to count abortion weeks. Is it from the date on which I took my medicine or from which I got bleeding?
My age is 32. My husband age is 33. I got married in the month of may. I want to become pregnant. He wil come only on Saturday and sunday. We have intercourse on that time only. I had constipation problem. Last month I checked haemoglobin, thyroid, pressure,sugar. All normal. We have tried in so many ways. All things got failure. Some people are saying after the period you should not take sweets, egg etc. My doubt is wat food have 2 take for getting pregnant. Another is constipation avoid pregnancy.
What are the problems to have sex with a two week post delivery mother? Will it affect the baby? How to have a safe sex? Please respond. Thanks.
Hello, My girlfriend's period got over on 5 July and we had sex on 11 July. She's just 18 and we can't tell this to our parents they'll kill us and she also can't go to any gynecologist Please suggest me how to avoid pregnancy or which medicine to take to avoid pregnancy. Thanking you in advance.
As experience teaches us, 'sin is indeed tempting'. You are aware of the ways in which your health and quality of life would improve and similarly attentive to factors that can harm your biological system and yet you give in to the trap of temptation. Not just once, but repeatedly. Processed food can be extremely injurious to your general health.
A huge mass of people have processed food items after being familiar with its ill effects. The reason propelling them to do so is perhaps the good taste and easy accessibility of these kinds of food. They live up to your cravings at odd hours and are extremely satisfying.
Kinds of processed food you generally intake:
- Snacks to savor: Binge eating can make you have some of the savory snacks. In the middle of the night, you might want to munch on chips, flavored and coated nuts or on microwave popcorn. These packed snacks may have dangerous effects on a person's health and hence, should be avoided.
- Processed meat: Bacon, salami or corned beef should be strictly kept away from as they include the threat of artificial hormones.
- Veggies in a tin: Tinned or canned vegetables could be a feasible option in your fast paced life, but it clearly is not good for your health.
- Carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks are enjoyable but they do interfere with a person's physical fitness.
- Instant noodles, soups or other meals: Ready mixes and packed noodles seem to be a simple way of making tiffin or an evening snack, but the health hazards they cause should alarm you. Processed food items such as these can lead to cancer as well.
Natural food substitutes that can be equally gratifying:
- Boiled potatoes sprinkled with cucumber, tomatoes, chili flakes and salt should always be preferred over potato chips.
- Consume fruits, especially citrus fruits regularly. Try to maintain a safe distance from packaged fruit juices as they contain preservatives and a great deal of sugar.
- Tofu that is made from soya is high in nutrients and should be a great substitute for chicken nuggets.
- One can deal with his or her cravings for mayonnaise by switching to hummus. Though the two food items don't taste the same, hummus doesn't contain animal fat that is actually harmful when stored or preserved.