Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KushalYour feedback matters!
I'm not getting period till 3 months. But i'm also not pregnant. Then is the problem, i'm having pls reply to my question. 1 and a half year finished for my marriage. Till I'm not pregnant.
Hi. I am 27 years old. We are planning for a baby .usually my menstrual cycle will happen normally (31 days). But this time I got period on 40th day. Is there any particular reason for period delay.
I am 27 year old meri ovary m kafi month c itching h aur White discharge b hota h kya kare jo khujli bnd hojae.
Hi I am 27 years old and trying to conceive. If we had sex up to the day of ovulation but not on and day after ovulation. Still I can be pregnant. My ovulation date is 1st march and I had sex upto 29th feb.
Have you ever wondered about a situation in life– when you went to an important meeting or interview, well-prepared, still you fail to give a confident handshake or a smile, conveying an unnecessary bad impression? These incidences may indicate that you are suffering from lack of self-confidence, deep down in your surface.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo shares that the best way to develop self-confidence is not to act confident or to depend on mental diversions but to get rid of the unhealthy mental habits. Here are some unknown habits that can kill self-confidence:-
Being perfectionist can act both for and against the person. It can improve life skills like ability to scrutinize, revise and to maintain mental alertness for a task on the same time too much of perfectionism can develop conditional self-esteem. People tend to like themselves when they do well and they forget that nobody can do well, all the time.
To combat perfectionism, person should try to get rid of the “shoulds” and give themselves credit for trying. They should stop seeing mistakes as a disaster and should try to focus on the bigger picture and find more compassionate ways to view the situation.
THINKING ABOUT FAILURE
Some people develop a mental habit to look at life through the lenses of failure. Such a mental habit acts like a self-fulfilling prophecy. The person may start to act in an insecure manner that doesn’t inspire the confidence of potential bosses or customers, or they may start do a careless job because they know their work isn’t good anyway. To overcome a mind-set of failure the person needs to start accepting that every new opportunity in life is a fresh start and it holds a chance to learn from previous mistakes and act differently.
I had sex with my Friend. Well not fully intercourse. According to me my penis even not entered in her vagina, but not sure. We haven't used any protection. Please guide me earliest symptoms of pregnancy. And how to avoid it at the earliest.
Hi, meri shadi ko 4 year howe muje ABI tak bache ni hai. My 2 year se treatment le Rahi Hun bt kuch ni huwa, Dr. Aparna Deshmukh k pas usne jab mc aye gi to CCQ-50 tablet 5 days Kane boliti uske 11 days bad scanning k liye kahata. Uske bad hum Ko contact karne kahata. Bt a tritment 2 saal se Kari Hun bt kuch Fharak ni pada. Muje Abbi kya karna hai please bataiye.
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.
For a married couple, having a child is the next step to completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep-rooted causes for this issue, and homeopathy aims in treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc., and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms.
For many people, popping a calcium tablet is something which has benefits, but at the same time does no harm. After all, who does not want to have strong bones and healthy teeth? The unfortunate part is that things are not so simple and a lot of research has debunked this.
Take, for example, the findings that when an old woman has calcium, the fracture rates are not all that different as compared to one who has not had calcium supplements. In addition to this, it was also found as part of a study that there is no positive impact on the mineral density of the hip.
As a matter of fact, calcium tablets and supplements can pose a significant risk, as well. While it is true that calcium does help in the effort of getting heart disease, an amount which is greater than the dietary limit does not. Actually, the excess calcium may increase the risk. This is true when it comes to calcium from supplements and not calcium which is absorbed by the way of food. So, what sort of additional risk is there? A study found that people who receive calcium from a tablet or another similar source have about a 140% greater chance of a heart attack!
How much is too much?
A thousand milligrammes of calcium in excess of the requirement on a daily basis is said to increase the risk of death from CVD or cardiovascular disease by about a fifth. Not a trivial amount, by any measure.
But why does this happen?
The key to answering this question comes from how the calcium is absorbed by the body. When calcium from food is eaten, the rate of it being released is a lot slower as compared to calcium from tablets. Also, when there is excess calcium, it is not absorbed and kept in reserve by the body but is excreted in the form of urine. So, this calcium going through the kidneys can cause some trouble there, as well!
Yes or No?
So, what is to be done in order to make sure one is having a sufficient amount of calcium? Well, there are a lot of sources and consuming things such as dairy products and fish, along with dark leafy vegetables are some great ways to get natural calcium. Only if a person has very low calcium levels should calcium tablets be consumed? It is well worth remembering that too much of a good thing is a bad thing! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
INVO (intravaginal culture of oocytes), also called IVC (Intravaginal culture) is an abetted procedure of reproduction where early embryo development and oocyte fertilization are carried out inside a gas penetrable, air-free plastic tool or device that is placed into the maternal vaginal chamber for incubation. It is a device that helps the future mothers to participate in the evolution and growth of their own embryos present inside their body. The device is composed of an inner cavity with a protective outer rigid shell and a rotating valve.
It can be used for IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) cycles; whether with the mother's own eggs or any donor's eggs. It provides the same successful results as conventional treatments. It works in a very simple way:- when the requisite samples to produce embryos have been acquired or when the eggs have been impregnated in the laboratory, they together with culture medium are placed into the INVOcell device and then the device is inserted into the vagina of the mother and there it is kept for two to three days (for 72 hours culture period). Throughout this time, the mother can lead a practically normal life but she needs to elude taking bath, having intercourse or flying during those days on which she is wearing it.
When fertilisation takes place, it will be the mother's own heat which will supply the best conditions for the proper development of the embryos. Once they are set and ready, the doctor will remove the INVO from the mother's vagina to recover the embryos. The embryos are then evaluated under the microscope to choose the healthiest-looking ones to transfer them into the uterus. Within the uterus they will be embedded in order to begin developing.
Advantages of INVO are:
- It is one of the most cost-effective assisted conception treatments.
- In this method, the embryo incubation is more natural.
- Since in this whole process embryo incubation in the laboratory isn’t required, the possibility of stumbling at the laboratory is diminished.
- In this method, the couple experiencing the treatment is involved more.
- This method has similar efficacy as the IVF treatments.
Disadvantages of INVO are:
- Since the device has to remain for three days in the mother's vagina, it causes some discomfort.
- The patient has to spend much time in the assisted reproduction clinic and visit it more often.
The studies suggest that it could be a usable alternative choice for assisted reproduction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.