Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
I have developed spur at the ankle bone which is paining me while I am walking. I came to know this when I took the Xray. I am given to wear an anklet but it pains me when I bend my leg. Can you suggest a remedy. than.
Sir I fell some compress type pain in my back' left and right side of ribs and some times in abdomen what is this.
By birth I had problem with my left leg. It was twisted. I got operated within 6 months of birth. But as I grew old, my right leg is much healthier and stronger then left leg. Look wise my right leg is fatter then my left leg. Over time I have also problem of varicose in my right leg. Please suggest me ways so that both legs look symmetrical & proportional.
In my hand x-ray. There is not shown any crack or else. But still it gives pain when m try to lift anything with this hand.
I have pain in my right leg for last 25 days. Pain is not constant but arises regular at some intervals. It pains in the toe and leg (opposite side of the toe) and sometimes knees. Already done uric acid testing and the result is in permissible limit. Can anyone suggest the problem.
I need a good doctor who can cure heel related problem. I have a severe pain in left heel and am unable to walk freely. Please suggest a specialist who can cure heel problems ?
I have got heavy paining In shoulders and thighs due to heavy workouts , exercise (push ups, squats). Its horrible please suggest me to reduce the pain.
My Right leg thumb and Right Hand Thumb were forcefully twisted to one side. It has been 3-weeks but The pain can still be felt when I pressurize those parts. Please tell me what shall I do?
The miniscule cracks in a bone are known as stress fractures. This type of fracture is caused by persistent application of force, mostly due to overuse. Activities like jumping or running up and down for long distances can also cause the condition. A normal bone weakened due to osteoporosis is another reason for stress fractures. Rigorous or excessive exercise can cause this condition as well.
These types of fractures are common in the lower leg and foot as these are the weight bearing bones. Field athletes and sportsperson are susceptible to stress fractures.
Some of the causes of this fracture are:
- Frequent application of a huge amount of force, greater than what the bones of a person's lower legs and feet can bear can cause this type of fracture. This force causes an imbalance between resorption and the growth of bone.
- If the bones are continually subjected to force without being given adequate time to recover, then the body tends to reabsorb bone cells faster than they can be replaced. These fatigued bones, when subjected to repetitive force, may cause tiny cracks which can turn into stress fractures.
Stress fractures usually occur in the metatarsal bones in the foot, heel bone, shin bone, thigh bone, and pubic rami of the pelvis among many other bones in the body.
Some of the symptoms of stress fractures may include:
- Swelling in the affected area
- The area may grow tender and the crack usually increases while the foot is at rest
X-rays are the common methods of diagnosis. If left untreated, these fractures can lead to chronic pain.
Related Tip: Bone Fractures - Causes and Symptoms
Hi my friend is suffering from heel pains when ever he walks some distance on foot so is there any treatment for it. His height is 6'2 and weight is 90 so please give me reply.
I am 25 years old. I have an habit of masturbation since 4th class. I am very weak, lean legs and no stability, constipation,bloating , irritating, anxious. How to recover from this bad habit.
I am 75 years old. And since a fortnight, I am having cramps of calf muscles in both the legs with severe pain. This is early in the morning before getting up from bed. It lasts few minutes. Sometimes having pain in hamstring too. Please suggest medicine for cure.
A broken wrist is known as a wrist fracture and it may occur due to a variety of causes starting from undue pressure on the wrist which can result in an injury as well as debilitating conditions like arthritis, which makes the bones and joints prone to fractures. There are also non displaced breaks, which are stable kinds of fractures and in which, the wrist remains in its place. Let us find out more about the kinds of fractures and the procedures for treatment of the same.
Type of Fracture: The wrist is basically made up of eight small bones that connect the two long arm bones, which are known as the radius and ulna and create the forearm. The broken wrist can take place in any of these bones. A hand surgeon will generally take a look at this kind of fracture and determine whether it is displaced, stable or open. As discussed earlier, a wrist fracture can be of various types. While a non displaced wrist fracture is a more stable kind that does not really require much more than rest or medication, a displaced wrist fracture is a non stable kind where dislocation happens.
Other Factors: There are a variety of other factors that will be taken into consideration in order to repair this kind of a fracture. To begin with, the Orthopaedic specialist will consider your age and the kind of job, hobbies and other kinds of activities that you indulge in. Also, the doctor will try to ascertain whether or not you are in good health on an overall basis. The presence of other injuries will also be taken into account for this kind of an injury in there has been a bike or car accident that has caused the fracture.
Treatment: The method of treatment will vary as per the considerations listed above. A padded splint may be installed in order to align and support the bones and wrist respectively, so that there is ample relief from the acute pain as well. Further, an unstable fracture will require a cast as to support the entire forearm and give proper rest to the region so that the bone can grow back together and get aligned again. Surgery may also be required for very severe cases, and pins, screws, metals and plates may also be used depending on the exact location and type of fracture.
Recovery: Remember to move your fingers as much as you can so as to prevent them from getting stiff while they are held up in a splint or a cast.
Hand therapy will be helpful in gaining back motion and function of the wrist.
There is so much paint in middle of both feet. Whenever I walk or when I press the middle of foot I feel so much pain ,I don't wear heels facing problem from last 2 months. After sitting for couple of mins when I stood up and walk then also feel dat pain in middle of the foot. Suggest some home remedies.
I am 70 years old woman. Suffering from left elbow pain since one month. I am also a diabetes type2, htn, allergy and asthma patient. Please diagnose and prescribe treatment.
When somebody is diagnosed with a short term or a life-threatening disease, one of the main things they are likely to stress over is pain. Though, there are many effective medicines for pain, it is important to realize that medicines are not by any means the only treatment method for pain. For instance, radiation treatment can be very useful in treating pain from cancer and also in facilitating bone pain identified with the disease.
The term "alternative therapy" for the most part is used to describe any treatment or alternative that does not require medicinal attention. Alternate treatment includes a combination of controls, including acupuncture, guided imagery, chiropractic treatment, yoga, hypnosis, relaxation, biofeedback, massage, homegrown cures, aromatherapy and numerous others.
There are various non-medicinal methods for adapting to pain. They can be used all alone or as a part of a mix with medication treatments. Some of the alternatives patients have discovered include:
- Massage: Many individuals discover relief from delicate back rub, and some clinics and massage parlors have trained massage specialists. A few studies have found that a back rub is extremely successful in soothing pain.
- Relaxation: Guided imagery, spellbinding, breathing procedures and relaxation arts like tai chi are effective and viable, especially when a patient is experiencing debilitating pain.
- Acupuncture: A few studies have found that acupuncture can be useful in calming pain for individuals with genuine ailments, for example - cancer.
- Physiotherapy: In case a person has been very active before and is currently bed-ridden, even simply moving the hands and feet a little bit with proper physiotherapy movements can offer help.
- Pet treatment: If you have episodes of pain that last 5, 10, or 15 minutes, attempting to discover something pleasant - like petting an animal's delicate fur can divert and help in relaxation.
- Gel packs: These are basic packs that can be warmed or cooled and used to ease pain.
- Chiropractic treatment: It is the most widely recognized non-surgical treatment for back pain. It is usually done by a chiropractor who will tune your nerves and other parts for pain relief. Qualified chiropractors are a rarity and hence one must be careful while dealing with them.
- Diet: A few people trust that dietary fat intake and consumption of plants that contain calming operators can ease pain by restricting irritation.
- Herbal treatment: The effectiveness of herbs is questionable. Do consult a doctor or a specialist since they could have a side effect of their own. Some of them can interact with the medicines you might be taking. This may cause harm to your health.
Alternative therapies to pain relief are not always harmless. As mentioned above, herbal remedies could have few side effects too. Likewise, one should always take a second opinion or consult someone before taking a decision on the kind of alternative therapy they opt for. It is better if you consult an interventional pain physician first and then follow his advice on how to follow these methods for maximal pain relief.