Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kumkum Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kumkum SharmaYour feedback matters!
I had protected sex with my gf on 13th april on that she had first periods day nd I had done protected sex on 14 nd 15 also during her periods. Nd this mnth she iz nt having periods according to regular cycle periods are have to be on 13 bt not occurred what iz d reason? Nd wt about pregnancy possibility?
About pregnancy. I am pregnant of 2 months. And I want to abort this child. So my question is that can 2 months pregnancy be aborted by taking tablets.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.
The day you start period is called 1st day
Your cycle is 28 days,means your next period is expected on 28th day
Deduct 14 from 28 it is the ovulation day, it means ovulation will take place on 14th day.
Sperms is shed in vagina will remain active for about 4 days could be more
Safe days- 1st to 7th day, and 21st to 28th day
Fertile days- 13th day to 16th day are highly fertile
I always hv delay periods 10 days or 12 days nd sometimes I missed my periods.. After diagnose we get small size of uterus. Is it the main reason of irregularity of periods. How can it cured. sometimes my gianologist regment me meprate. I want periods without taking medicine, is it possible. I think taking medicine for periods also leave sm side effects.
The diabetic eye is considered to be the leading cause of the blindness among the working age. It is usually caused by the change in the blood vessels on the retina of the eye. Retina is that layer of the eye which is light sensitive. In case of diabetic macular oedema, the blood vessels cause the fluid to leak into the retina.
How does diabetic macular oedema cause vision loss:
The loss of vision only occurs when the fluid reaches the macula. Macula is the center of the retina which is responsible for a sharp vision. When the fluid reaches the macula it builds up and causes inflammation. Initially this is not noticed but with time the diabetic macular oedema causes a change in the vision making it more blurred. A healthy macula is very essential for a good vision.
Who is at risk of diabetic macular oedema:
People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes are at a higher risk of getting diabetic macular oedema. Also other risk factors are:
- About 0ne in three people with diabetes develop macular oedema
- Poor control of blood sugars
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- In smokers
How to reduce the risks of diabetic macula oedema:
The risk of diabetic macula oedema can be reduced by quitting smoking, and to make sure that blood sugar and cholesterol levels are under control. This is achieved by regularly measuring the cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
How is diabetic macular oedema detected:
Diabetic macular oedema can be detected during regular visits to the doctor. Patients with diabetes should be offered screening tests. Digital photographs of the patients can be taken as they show the early signs of diabetic macular oedema, though changes in vision might not be noticed at this time.
What happens when you attend the medical retina clinic:
When you go for an eye checkup you will undergo a comprehensive examination which includes:
- Visual acuity test: This is a sight test which measures how well you can see the different distances
- Eye pressure test: This test is done to measure the pressure of the eyes and usually drops which numb the eyes are used when this test is conducted
- Dilated eye examination: In this the drops are placed in the eye to dilate the pupils and then the back of the eye is examined.
- Fluorescein angiography: This is a diagnostic test in which an injection of fluorescein dye is given in the hand and then the photographs are taken.
- Optical coherence tomography: This is done to measure the retinal swelling
What are the chances of an abortion not happening properly with medication pills and what are the risks.
The heart is the most important among the vital organs within the human body. The functioning of all the other vital organs also depends on this and thus cardiology is a mightily important subject as it deals in all the problems and abnormalities of the heart.
What is conservative cardiology?
Cardiology is classified primarily into two disciplines, namely invasive and conservative. As the name implies, conservative cardiology is about taking the minimum steps to get the most out of this discipline without the involvement of major surgeries or other procedures. This is done to minimize risks, quicken healing time and be less painful to the patient.
How conservative cardiology works?
Conservative cardiology isn't just a procedure to resolve a certain issue, but a whole type of approach towards resolving cardiac problems. All parts, from diagnostic to therapy have a different approach compared to invasive cardiology. Let's take a look at those parts.
Some of the diagnostic methods may be similar to invasive cardiology as this is usually the first step in finding the problems with your heart. These are mostly non invasive body and heart examinations. Most of these exams will use:
- A high resolution, state-of-the-art 4D ultrasound scanner
- A CAT scanner with contrast agent to find blockages.
Although invasive cardiology uses the same technology now in most cases, there are other invasive methods to detect blockages. One example of this is the cardiac catheter, which has to be physically inserted into the body for detection of problems.
Therapy for conservative cardiology
Therapy is the actual area where invasive and conservative methods stand out from each other. Conservative cardiology espouses the approach of minimum surgery. It doesn't even follow surgeries like angioplasty which is minimally invasive. Some of the techniques that Conservative cardiology relies upon are:
- Lifestyle changes
- Physiotherapy and exercising
- Constant maintenance
- Changes in nutrition to control and lessen risks
- Reducing stress and other contributing factors of heart disease.
Conservative cardiology takes a more of a preventative approach, the moment a problem is diagnosed. It tries to minimize or at least keep the problem in check by instituting smaller changes. Exercise regimens, relaxation routines, diet changes are all a part of this. However the most important weapons are medications which reduce the imminent danger of cardiac arrests or other cardiac problems. These smaller changes along with medications ensure that the larger problems, for which surgeries may be required, never arise in the first place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.