Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna Kumar GuptaYour feedback matters!
My Daughter 2 and half month old. She have too much Gas (Colic) problem.Dr. recommend Colicaid and Neopeptine Drops but nothing use. I want to know when dis problem Will Go. After 3 month or 6 month. Please suggest what I should do for colic.
What is meant by RH factor? How do I know .my blood group A+, my Hus blood group B+ and my boy baby blood group O+. How to find Rh factor. Tel me pls doctor.
What is nasal pholips? how immunity and strength can be increased? my nephew is 10 years old, for past 5 years he quite often suffers from cold and cough continued with fever. Even a glass of cold water, results in tonsils and cold with fever. 1-2 hours of outdoor play makes him dull, he feels weekness and thus falls ill. Exertion results in illness. What may be the cause and cure for the same.
My 50 days old baby has caught cough and cold my doctor has suggested novamox and solvin cold .he is feeling very restless because of problem in breathing due to cold. Suggest me measure to take care of him including hone remedies also. thanks sirs.
My son is 7 months old and he is diagnosed for retinoblastoma it is in advanced stage doctor said he has to undergo for chemotherapy one cycle of chemo is already done can you pls suggest me the best doctor to cure this. I am from bangalore.
Midely overdistedned stomach of baby girl 1.5 years thats why she is vomiting frequently once in day or sometimes twice . Kindly guide how do we stop such vomiting? Please suggest .
Meri daughter 6 months ki hai or weight 6 k.g. Hai. Usko constipation ki problem hai last 2 months se. Usko glycerine ki bati laga kr potty karwani padti hai. please suggest.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello, my baby is of one year but below 8 kg. She is preterm born and was of 2 kg at birth. She is not gaining weight although has gud heavy diet.Please tell.
I have 1 month baby boy. But I have problem of feeding. For more feed of baby what I am do? please suggest something for come more feed for my baby.
My son is 4 months old. He is taking formula milk from day one. He has a habit of vomiting whenever he takes milk. Offlate the vomiting has increased and on some days he literally vomits everything which he takes in. His weight acc to Doc is okay. He sometimes feels relieved after he vomits. he vomits both milk and curd. Pls advice.
Many of us were taught how to properly brush our teeth when we were still young kids.
And, admit it or not, most of us are stuck with the same brushing method into adulthood.
Sadly, many of us also learned the improper way of brushing.
Indeed, even though we are taught the proper brushing technique, we may not often stick to it.
Did you know that brushing properly is tricky? We wish to get rid of plaque without damaging our gums and brushing too hard.
So, what are the correct ways to brush our teeth by Dr Ratnika Agarwal ?
The teeth and gums must be brushed gently as hard brushing may cause the gums to recede and get damaged. It is advised to hold the toothbrush the same manner you hold a pen. By doing so, a lighter stroke is encouraged.
Brush your teeth at least two times per day.
Brush in the morning and at night before you head to bed. In so doing, food particles are removed. Brushing in the morning will aid clear away the plaque that accumulated overnight. It is important to dry before you sleep because this is the period when the mouth becomes dry and it becomes easier for bacteria to attack the teeth.
Use an extra-soft or soft-bristled toothbrush.
By means of using these types of toothbrush, the teeth and gums won’t be harmed and abraded. It matters to change your toothbrush when necessary or on a regular basis. Shredded or worn out toothbrush are no longer effective in cleaning the teeth. Be smart in choosing a toothbrush and only purchase the one that is officially approved by the American Dental Association.
Brush your teeth for at least two minutes.
Two minutes is actually the required time to clean the teeth. This way, each tooth is thoroughly cleaned. You may consider using a timer if you are using a manual toothbrush.
Do not brush your teeth more than 3 times per day.
Brushing twice daily is already enough. Take note that brushing too frequently can damage or erode the teeth and gums.
Electric toothbrushes are good alternative to manual toothbrushes.
These are often recommended to people who do not often follow correct brushing techniques. In the same way, these are great options for individuals with physical limitations and find brushing a tough activity.
Have a standard routine for brushing
It is fundamental to brush the teeth in the same order on a daily basis. The reason behind this is that this can especially aid you cover each area of the mouth. This will easily become second nature once you’re able to perform it routinely.
For instance, you may brush the outer sides of the teeth from left to right across the top, afterwards, you may shift to the inside and then brush from right to left. After this, consider brushing the chewing surfaces from left to right. Do the same pattern for the teeth underneath.
As you can see, there are proper ways of brushing. So, do not just brush your teeth for the sake of brushing alone. Learn the proper techniques to keep the gums and teeth clean and in good condition.
Please Call our team on 8237802848 / 020-27041188 or visit Dr Ratnika Agarwal at Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center, Pune Today and get your Dental Check-up today ! We provide all Dental & Cosmetic Treatments for all age groups.
Hello doctor, my son was very fair in colour and good looking skin until he reaches one month. And after that he gradually becomes dark. Now he is 7th month old and I tried so many things but no use. I've using dermadew baby soap still his skin is dark in colour. Can anyone suggest me something please?
My relatives baby face increasing with white spots not only on face slowly developing on total body tell me the solution.
My son is 5 and half months old and urinates quite frequently. Please let me know your views. Is it normal or should I need to consult a doctor ?
My 4 years kid is having fever last 4 days. Today we did a blood check up for hims. Results says CRP level is 45. What does it mean? Is there anything wrong If CRP level go high? What are the after effects of this?
Sir my son has tongue problem. Means when my son put out his tongue then pic point of tongue make a heart shape. Means connector of tongue and jaw joined together. Due to this complete tongue not put out as usual. Please advise me what I do. Age of son is 4 year.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!