Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Sexual problems are very common in men and women. There are various reasons because of which sex may not be as pleasing as it can be. The reasons for this could range from the emotional connect that is shared with the person to actual physical issues which stop you from performing. Read on to know the 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Impotence: When the male cannot attain and/or sustain an erection to allow for a good intercourse, it is termed as impotence. This is one of the most common problems, and it could be due to strained relationships, performance anxiety, smoking, diabetes, hormonal problems, etc. Most often, it is psychological and easy to cure.
- Reduced libido: A man not being “in the mood” may be something hard to associate with, but many a time, it happens. This is largely due to psychological causes, and if the partners don’t strike a chord, that could be the reason too. Other reasons could be hormonal imbalance, high blood pressure, etc.
- Ejaculation issues: There could be disorders which could be due to ejaculation that is premature, inhibited, or retrograde. These lead to improper release of sperms, either premature or delayed or back into the bladder. The underlying problem usually is easily identified by the doctor and is treatable.
- In all of these, admitting the problem is the first and most effective step towards treatment.
- In addition to counseling, which usually involves the partner, hormones may be needed in some.
- Quitting smoking, beginning exercise, blood sugar and pressure control, etc. are also required.
- In very rare cases, vacuum devices and penile implants may be required.
- Dyspareunia: The most common sexual problem in females is painful sex, which makes it difficult for the couple. This could be due to vaginal dryness, UTIs, pelvic area infections, etc. This is one of the main reason for reduced libido. Topical lubricants are often useful, in addition to counseling to allay fears and improve overall relationship.
- Reduced libido: This is very common in women, and could be due to relationship issues, painful sex, hormonal imbalance, etc. This is also possible due to the multiple roles that a woman plays, so much so that she never has time to think about it.
- Anorgasmia: Women have more difficulty in achieving orgasm, which is also more psychological and often a combination of sex education and counseling helps.
- Includes combination of medications, hormonal therapy, and sex education.
- Vaginal dryness is improved using lubricants
- Supplement hormones are very useful.
- Sex counseling also involving the partner
- Infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract need to be treated with medications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
It is important that you understand and fulfil the needs of your partner and address issues that concern you both. Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
Hello, I am taking levipil 500 mg twice daily, doctor has told me to take 3 years. I am worried about my health that is there any side effects taking levipil 3 years long will it affect my kidney, liver, bones etc. In these month I don't have my menstruation? I have cysts in my ovary which is very small, will this medicine effect my body parts? Pls help.
My wife is seven weeks pregnant and we went for our first scan today. They said that the heart beat and growth is normal. But they said that there is slight internal bleeding inside the uterus and they advised to take hormonal injection twice a week. Is there anything to be worried of or is this normal?
Hi m 9th month pregnant starting of 9th .i have a lot of pain in legs I can't stand continue even for 2 minutes. My HB is 11 but m feeling too much weakness. May I know why.
I am suffering for itching problem. Location: both the sides of vagina outer part. Pls help me. I have hypothyroidism & type-2 diabetic problem.
Indian gooseberry or amla is one of the healthiest fruits in the world, whether it is eaten or applied. All its benefits are enhanced when pre-soaked in warm water before consumption. Especially available during the winters, amla averts illnesses and problems by protecting you in various ways. Some are listed below…
1. Your skin and body age more gradually
As a rich source of antioxidants, the intake of amla prevents the body from cell damage, skin and body ageing, development of cancer and other diseases. Its anti-bacterial properties help the body in building a powerful immunity.
2. It’s beneficial for your stomach and liver
Regular intake of amla reduces inflammation in the stomach along with slowly decreasing acidity and heartburn. Amla keeps the liver healthy (a most important body organ) and helps in flushing out more toxins.
3. Aids in digestion
You can easily pre-soak amla in warm water and honey for current use as well as storage. These amlas if consumed habitually before meals have the ability to regulate your appetite and check proper digestion. They also prove to be a great cure for constipation and act as a pain-reliever during piles.
4. Prevents cold and infection
Amla is helpful in protecting us from problems like chronic cough, bronchitis, tuberculosis and asthma as well. It wonderfully cures your sore throat due to its high vitamin C content. At the time of cough and cold, the soaked amlas can be taken in juice form with ginger for enhanced benefits.
5. For detoxification
Pre-soaked stored amlas keep your intestines free of toxins and unwanted waste materials by flushing out all the impurities. It is full of vitamin C, so when taken along with honey helps in detoxifying and rejuvenating your body. This intermingling of honey and amla helps those seeking fitness and maintenance of perfect shape.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello doctor, I am eight weeks pregnant jab mere husband mujhe hug aur kiss krtai hain aur mere ass hole mai sex krtai hai tu mera fluid nikalta hai, kiya es sai mere pregnancy per koi effect tu nhi hoga. Aur kiya hum intercourse kr Saktai hai meri es pregnancy stage mai.
I am married 22 years old have a baby. I am suffering from white discharges since 13 years old. I hav gone through ayurvedic treatment but no results.
I have a problem of regular periods from last 12 days in this month. What is the treatment for that?
Dear sir, My friend had a breast cancer and had chemo followed by radiotherapy. After treatment her monthly periods not coming. Is it normal or has any other problem please sujjest me.
Hello mera period 14th ko ata h but abhi tak nai aaya muje back me pain hota h morning me or vagina me halka pain kabi kabi hota h kya pregnancy ho sakti h?
I was diagnosed with PCOD. I initially opted homeopathy treatment, but since it didn't cure my Pcod I stopped taking the homeopathy medication. I just want to know whether pcod is curable as its been 2 long years me getting my menses.
My wife is in 2ND month of pregnancy, so what should be taken care in food? What diet she should follow now for a better health. We have an appointment in March but till then we wanted to make sure we follow the correct Diet.
I am 24years old my menstrual cycle is not in proper condition from starting on wards what should I do?
Skin disorders etc.
Panchkarma under qualified vaidya can provide the only answers.
Hence friends please follow the mantras of effortless ayurveda & panchkarma and advice your near and dear ones. An appreciable change can be seen in above mentioned disorders.