Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kps VermaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 6months old. Between how much gap should I feed other semisolid food. For good health and weight gain.
How long can I delay my daughter's vaccination for measles she is going to be 9 months on the 19th June? What should I be aware of, if I can and I do? And Most of all, Should I delay?
My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and 6.6 kg weight. She is having high fever as 103 I have given call 120 mg 3.5 ml but fever didn't go down and I did sponging also. So I gave her meftal 3.5 ml after 1.30 min gap . Is there any side effect.
My kids 1 is 6 years old 2nd one is 2 1/2 years old they r not interested in eating fruits how I can make them have interest on fruits. My elder one when he goes for urine r motion very bad smell & he is very week body. Every thing k goes to school study well & also very active what I have to do to develop his body. Is their will be any problem in vitamins for not eating fruits.
How will I come to know whether my two months old daughter had her stomach full just after feeding. As she use to cry even after feeding. Please tell me what to do if the milk is not enough for her.
My son is 2 mnths 10days old.Recently recoverd frm cold n cough. People say dnt eat curd or drnk buttermilk etc etc bcoz i brestfeed him. Plz advice wht shld i eat n wht shld i avoid.
Sir please suggest foods that help in building immunity against cough n cold. My daughter suffers often from cough n cold n tends to lose weight rapidly. Please suggest.
My 8 year son is 3'4" weight 15 kg studying in std. 2. Although he is active, he is poor eater. His all internal sonography reports are normal. All necessary supplements we are giving to him but no growth in weight or height. Is there and Herbal or Ayurveda result oriented product for his height and weight growth? Please let me know so that I can have some kind of relief.
I am 7 th pregnant and my baby weight is 977 grams is it sufficient to baby or should I improve the baby weight.
My 3 year son still not started talking. He is talking but in his own language not in ours. His hearing seems alright. What may be the reason and also the solution.
Sir, How we treat the 2 year old male child weight of 6 kg. With oedema & how we investigate him for oedema?
Sir My son 6 years has having frequent fever for last one month three times due to cold.He needs boost in immunity.While examined found tonsil has pus. Doctor given antibiotic Synclar.Now OK. I need improvement in immunity.
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.