Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kk GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi my son is 5 weeks old and was in icu for 9 days after that he is completely on formula and doesnt take breastfeed now there is no milk and he is not ready to latch at all. What to do as I want to give his nutrition of mother milk.
I have 16 days old grandson and his left eye has started watering. Doctor has told us that duct in the eye is not fully opened and it will take some time. His eye lids get sticked after sleeping and we do cleaning with boiled cooled water. Doctor has given us a antibiotic' tobramycin. Sir how many days it will take for fully opening of eye duct. Is pricking can be done on such a small kid.
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera ,asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.
Hello. I'm 24 years old and I have given birth to 2 months baby girl. Still I'm under weight 40 kg. Done with C section only. I'm vegetarian too. Need to put on weight.
Sir/madam, my son is eight years old his perfectly alright but he is facing problem with his irregular n bad teeth. He was given bottle feeding at younger age. Is this the problem how to solve this.
My baby is 20 days old and since birth she has vomiting problem. I have tried using burping technique in between feeding and after feeding but she still vomits. I have given her domstal oral drop for vomiting but of no vain. Please advise asap.
My baby is 3 months old and bothe and my baby have cough and cold. Which medicine is preferable to us so that no harm is caused to my baby?
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10-APR-2016, now he is with 2 months 4 days with weight of around 4 kg 50 gms. My question here is that, he used cry lot in night even after feeding and also we used to follow the feeding as every 2 to 3 hrs gab even if he is sleeping then we used to make him get up and try to feed. Is that correct way or we need to wait his wake up by his own or based on crying? And please suggest the process of feeding throughout the day like need to continue like 2 to 3 hrs gap or not? And we used to feed him mostly with SIMILAC advance 1 formula milk since my wife is not having enough breast milk? Suggest this also.
I have a two months baby boy. Today it is observed that he has only one testicle. Please explain what should I do? Is there any problem with one testicle Pls advice in details.
Hello drs. Meri bhanji 5 years ki hai use urine infection hua hai Dr. Ki dawai dilayi hai use baar baar urine aa rha hai. Aur fevar tez aa rha hai please koi adviced dijiye.
My baby is of two month. Before also my milk supply was low. Now it finished. My baby do not want to suck. How to increase my milk supply.
My tailbone hurts when I sit a certain way and it only hurts at the top of my buttcrack. I never fell on it or anything, but I can feel a bone on the top of my buttcrack that hurts even when I touch it. My buttcrack also is wet in the area hours after I have showered. I am not sure what the issue is but the liquid is coming from somewhere and smells really bad and I am in pain and I guess its pilonidal cyst. Any idea how to treat this?
The attack of asthma is severe if
The patient is breathless at rest, is hunched forwards,talks in words rather than in sentences(infants stop feeding),is agitated,drowsy,or confused,has bradycardia or has a respiratory rate of more than 30/mt.
Wheeze is loud or absent.
Pulse is more than 120/mt( greater than 160/mt in infants)
PEF is less than 60% of predicted or personal best,even after initial tratment.
The patient is exhausted.
The response to initial treatment is no prompt and sustained for at least 3 hours.
There is no improment within 2-6 hours after oral glucocorticoid tratment is started.
There is further deterioration.
Mild attacks ,defined by a reduction in peal flow of less than 20%,nocturnal awakning and increased use of B2- agonist, can usually be treated at home if the patient is prepared and has a pesonal asthma management plan.
Moderate attack may require and severe attack usually require care in hospital /nursing home.
Hi, I am looking for a question that my child born on 12 dec 2013 that he was born like no testis but there is doctor under observation since he was born now we can see testis coming out slowly but I want to know y my child born like this can I know if you have any answer.
My daughter is unable to express herself with words instead she communicates with gestures. Her date of birth is 06-08-2015 and she weighs about 10 kilos. Is it normal for a two year old to utter only a few words or is it something to worry? Please help.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.