Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran RamanYour feedback matters!
MY T3 IS 1.87 , T4 IS 15.5, TSH IS 1.99 AND PROLACTIN IS 44.17. I am a PCOD patient is dere any problem with these results. Please suggest me doctors
Everyday I am waking up (at 5. am) due to severe lower abdominal pain. (in the centre) its more unbearable than the perriods pain. Ps: my periods are regular, I was detected pcod (left overy) in month of july 2014. Which was cured by medical treatment & reports came normal (dec2014) please help
Hi I'm chandra, I'm 31 years old. I tried to conceive on my fertile days (12th to 16th day ), I was getting white discharge from day 11th to day 19th. Periods comes in 30 days. Today is 23rd day but I'm not getting any symptoms of pregnancy. Is this white discharge common? Kindly guide me, if this white discharge will affect our pregnancy planning?
Me and my wife use the condom for protection during intercourse and she also washes her vagina after intercourse to avoid itching and stickiness. Now we are planning to have a baby so I do not use the condom After the ejaculation should my wife wash her vagina to avoid the stickiness or washing will hamper the process of fertilisation.
I am missing my periods from jan till now. I had my late periods in dec month. I just wana know how month long I am pregnant. I am confused.
A couple becomes a family when they become parents. And, a lot of people want to enjoy the experience being parents. But sometimes, sexual problems can lead to bigger problems, like infertility.
The state of childlessness can be the result of sexual problems. Sometimes couples who go for fertility treatments do not realise that previously existing sexual dysfunctions can be the cause of infertility. Before spending a lot of time on expansive and expensive treatments, it is important to discern if the couple are having problems with their sex lives, with special preference to frequency and timing of coitus.
Two further categories of sexual dysfunctions need to be considered. One is premature ejaculation (PE) in which, the semen is ejected soon after sexual activity and with minimal penile stimulation. The second point is to consider whether the sperm is being introduced to the vagina. This is a personal examination of the couple’s method of having sex.
Sexual problems related to infertility in men are loss of desire, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and retarded ejaculation and in women are loss of desire, vaginismus, dyspareunia and anorgasmia. All these dysfunctions can be solved with the help of an expert. Thus, it is important to go for thorough consultation before going for fertility treatments.
Adequate sexual function can contribute to the success of fertility treatments, but at the same time it also leads to much stress and discord among couples as the pressure of procreation might get too much. This can have harmful repercussions, affecting the entire fertility treatment. The pressure of planned sex, to perform on demand and anxiety also harms fertility.
Talking about sex and focusing on your relationship as a couple helps in the long run.
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?
I am 45 year old & have two children. My LMP was on 24 July. & I am pregnancy test positive. Is there any home remedy or medicine to discontinue pregnancy at home. Please advice.
My daughter got married 3 years ago but no good news received. It is suspected that problem is from husband side. As a result there is always clashes between them. If there is no physical relationship between them, then there wouldn't be any reason to be happy. I am seeking an expert advice from experienced psychologist in this concern. Please provide help. Regards.
My friend as she is 22 hrs old and she is suffering from pcos.Is there any medication to cure that problem?
What is IUF and how it is differ with IVF and what are the pros and cons in both method and is it safe and upto which age we should go?
I am a 18 years girl I have saviour stomach pain during 1st day of menses may I know the reason. Could you please give me some solutions.
Actually we had sex in month 4-6 times and actual menstrual cycle time for my girl friend is 15th we had sex on 11th and since 2 days she is bleeding very less and its bleeding rare time like half hour once or late she is not bleeding continues iz this effect of having sex and even we do not use condoms and I hvnt ejaculated my sperms inside bt we had sex what might be the reason will she get periods or she wil get pregnancy.
Hey, I had sex with my boyfriend on 4th day of my period and he wasn't sure if he had ejaculated inside me. So for not taking any chance I took ipill contraceptive on thr same day, and mine is a 28days cycle and I still didn't get my periods! Its been 32 days for now, and a week or two before my 28days I had spotting per online forums. And I still didn't get my periods is that an pill side affect or am I pregnant? Plz revert soon I'm worried.
I'm trying to conceive. My last period was September 27th with regular periods of 28 days. Yesterday night I travelled around 450 kms by car. Next day morning I find White discharge smell like egg and curd and slight itching. Is there any issue.?
Dear sir, how to cure 1.5 month unwonted pregnancy, test report is positive, please suggest any tablet. Thnks.
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.