Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kiran Raman
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran RamanYour feedback matters!
How to conceive when having PCOS and want to conceive. And what to eat during pregnancy for healthy baby and what to avoid. What life style we should lead during pregnancy.
I missed my periods which was due on 23rd august. It has been 15 days now. Took multiple pregnancy tests and all came out to be negative. Noticed some changes in urination datx it has become more frequent. My doctor suggested duoluton L to b consumed for 5 days. Itx day 5 today and no periods yet. M facing stomach distress and chills since d day I started the medication and nausea since morning. Chance of pregnancy? What is happening?
Sir me and my girlfriend had sex 7 days before and had given her unwanted 72. But yesterday she had bleeding and today it had stopped does, it might be around 14th day before her last period. Does she is pregnant I am in doubt? please help me.
My problem is I don't get pregnant, before 2 years. I have 2 months miscarriage, I also use follicular study for 1 month, semen test, and home treatment, in home treatment doc say my left tube was blocked I get home medicine, in march doc say now your fallopian tube is open but still I cant get pregnant, I don't know what is the real reason, but i am so tired, please give me suitable advice fr me n my case, recently my periods are very irregular, I hope you are advice is help me, thanks.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
I was living a normal sex life but from last 2-3 months I got lots of pain during sex and not get discharged. I feel lots of tension inside my vagina & lots of pain during sex. Please suggest me.
Vascular lesions: Cutaneous vascular lesions are the most common birthmarks found in children. The vascular malformations have a tendency to persist but hemangiomas may involute gradually. They are the result of a huge network of vessels that are formed underneath the skin and can lead to complications like pain, bleeding, cosmetic disfigurement, infection, etc. It is necessary to seek treatment for both medical and cosmetic reasons.
Low flow Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery and it is effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons. High flow vascular malformations need therapeutic embolisation followed by surgical excision. Hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion. Use of laser surgery successfully can help in eliminating certain targets (chromophores) within your skin by putting into use the beam of requisite wavelength, energy setting and pulse duration.
Initially, these caused serious side-effects like scarring of the skin or permanent dyspigmentation but after the development of photothermolysis technique, the side-effects were less seen. Things to keep in mind before lesion treatment The main forms of treatment include laser therapy. Surgery is less used at present as it poses the risk of hemorrhage. The patient should be aware of a few things before going through the treatment procedures.
1. Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery for cosmetic reasons. Hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion.
2. Laser therapy can treat vascular lesions such as telangiectasias or spider veins, port wine stain, birthmarks and strawberry hemangiomas. The laser is safer and more effective because it proves to be useful in treating the blood vessels of a lesion without affecting the surrounding tissues.
2. The patient may experience temporary discoloration of the skin surrounding the treatment site. This blue-green discoloration is known as purpura and it usually fades within a week.
3. A topical antibiotic in the form of an ointment or cream may be required by some patients after the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Must know about homoeopathy
* homoeopathic medicines cure the man in disease, disease name does not matter
*homoeopathy is a holistic system of treatment so each and every medicine has been proved on healthy human beings and acts on each and every cell of body irrespective of the diseased part thus curing the diseased man as a whole.
*homoeopathic medicines have no side effects but the higher potencies should be taken under the guidance of a trained homoeopath
*case taking is must for homoeopathic prescribing, details in regard to physical and mental generals are taken
*homoeopathy has not only curative power but preventive aspect too, not only for acute seasonal infections but for most inveterate diseases too
*homoeopathic medicines act like a vaccine, if given as a constitutional medicine, they are more competent then in subduing the chronic diseases
*homoeopathic medicines are also taken before and after surgical procedures to reduce pain, healing time and antidoting the bad effects of anaesthesia
*it's action is also in promoting normal delivery, ante, and postnatal care also
*many so-called surgical diseases as piles, fistulas, kidney stones, gallstones, sinusitis, polyps, tumours, warts, ingrowing toenails, have been very well cured by homoeopathy.