Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Khaturia
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KhaturiaYour feedback matters!
Are you looking for ways to deal with chronic urticaria? This is an uncomfortable skin health condition which is featured by red, itchy welts appearing on any part of your body. The cause of this condition is unknown to us most of the times. When the cause of chronic urticaria cannot be determined, the condition is called chronic idiopathic urticaria. There are several ways of dealing with this condition.
Here is a list of the top ways to deal with chronic urticaria:
Try to Avoid Known Triggers: Avoiding known triggers is the best way of controlling chronic urticaria. You should consult an allergist for determining the triggers which might affect you. The most common triggers include foods such as eggs, shellfish, peanuts, and several food additives. Several pain medications, physical stimuli like temperature, exercise, pollen, and certain bacterial infections and viral infections are common triggers.
Take Your Medicines Regularly: You should regularly take your medicines prescribed for dealing with chronic urticaria. Antihistamines are commonly used. The use of corticosteroids or epinephrine infections may also be required.
Soothe Your Skin: Scratching is bad for your chronic urticaria and should be avoided to prevent the hives from being aggravated. Dry skin triggers scratching and so you should keep your skin well moisturised. Take frequent baths, and use moisturising creams and ointments.
Wear Loose Clothes: Friction and pressure on your affected skin may worsen the hives. You should abstain from wearing tight belts, constricting clothes, and shoes which do not fit well. Choose soft fabric material clothes.
Alternative Therapies: Stress accounts for worsening this health condition. You should practice techniques which relax your mind and soul, such as meditation, yoga, and deep breathing. These are effective in stress relief. Some studies state that acupuncture may also be associated with decreasing the symptoms of chronic urticaria.
Manage Your Symptoms: If you are suffering from chronic urticaria, all your efforts will be directed towards managing all the visible symptoms. However, you must also deal with the invisible symptoms such as depression and anxiety. Living with this condition is a challenging and painful task, which often results in depression, and emotional imbalance. Emotional stress, fatigue, and emotional distress are triggered by chronic urticaria.
It is important for you to consult a dermatologist if you experience any symptom of chronic urticaria. Early diagnosis and an early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening further.
- A lot of us suffer from hair loss, thin and dull hair.
- Like our body, our hair too, needs proper nourishment , or in simple terms, food!
- Hair is made up of keratin which is a type of protein. There are certain type of foods that in long run, will help you maintain your mane and get healthy, shiny , lusturous hair.
- Biotin rich foods-- For vegetarians, roasted almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, cashewnuts, pecans,whole wheat BREAD, soya bean, strawberries, sunflower seeds, egg yolks
- If you're a working woman/man and cannot find time to particularly pick specific foods, just pack your diet with a lot of dairy products like milk, paneer, buttermilk. soya nuggets are an amazing source of biotin as well.
- For non vegetarians, opt for fish like salmon and sardines. Egg yolks are a rich source of biotin. Try to occasionally eat red meat, pork, turkey etc. but not too much , since these things in too much quantity, will also affect your health.
- Other than this, of course, start your BIOTIN SUPPLEMENTS DAILY. But don't forget, everything takes time. Take these things conitnuously for around 3-4 months to expect results.