Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Kc GoyelYour feedback matters!
Corns are formed when our hands or feet try to defend themselves from some injury, forming a callused shield instead. The outermost skin comes together in a pile and forms a strong cover made of dead cells, if an area is rubbed too often. This usually happens if one is wearing ill-fitted shoes. Some home remedies to take care of these corns or calluses are:
1. Rub with pumice stone - this can be done after a shower or bath, as the skin is wet and soft now. Rub the area with a pumice stone to remove the dead cells. Don't rub harshly in a single attempt. Instead, rub mildly every day until the all the dead cell comes out. If the corn is very thick, this process might take a few weeks.
2. Apply castor oil - castor oil acts as a softener. One can either soak the area with castor oil dipped in cotton to use the oil with a cord pad.
3. Wear comfortable shoes and socks - wear socks with shoes that are comfortable and have thick cushioned soles. Ensure that your shoe fits you well and that it is wide enough for your toes to be placed comfortable inside.
4. Use bread mask - rub the corn slightly with the pumice stone so that the loose dead skin falls off. Soak a piece of bread in half a cup of apple cider vinegar. When well soaked, put the piece of bread on the corn, wrap it with gauze and secure it with an adhesive tape. The bread can also be mashed into a paste.
5. Lemon and olive - miss a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice with two teaspoons of olive oil. Add to this, some baking soda to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on the corn and cover it with gauze.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am male age 28 I have piles last few days and I feel pain every morning suggest me a solution for my disease.
My mother is 74 years old. With control levels of sugar with insulin and tab. Please she has blisters and burning in mouth for more than 8 months. All checkup done. All vitamins deficiency medicines given. No oral problem rulled by detmertologist & dentist. But problem still exists and is due to please diabetics only. Please any solutions or cure advised. Please suggest.
I have problem with my pennies. Its very bad smelly like fish. What I have to do? I do masturbation regularly,
I am 48 years old male I have erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation and Good treatment is available.
The glycemic index is a measure of food containing carbohydrates and how it can raise the level of glucose in blood. This is essentially a process where every food is ranked based on a reference food such as white bread. A food with a high GI value increases the level of glucose in the blood compared to a food with a GI that is medium or low. Some of the common examples of food with a low GI include legumes and dried beans. Fats and meats are not included in the index due to the non-availability of carbohydrate in them.
Some common foods with a GI of 55 or less include bread made up of pumpernickel and whole wheat, muesli, oatmeal, bulgur, barley, pasta, yam, lentils, sweet potato, converted rice, corn, non-starchy fruits, and vegetables. A food set with medium GI in the range of 56 to 69 includes quick oats, basmati rice, pita bread and couscous. Some example of foods with high GI value in the range of 70 includes pineapple, russet potato, white bread, macaroni, puffed rice, corn flakes, rice cakes and melons.
What influences GI?
Since GI has nothing to do with fibre and fat, some general findings of the GI count are as follows:
When a food is processed or cooked, the GI tends to increase
More the storage time of the food, the higher is the GI. It is applicable for ready to cook food and frozen food as well.
The higher is the GI count, more the ripeness of a fruit or vegetable.
Converted food items tend to have a lower GI as compared to the original version of the food
What are the other considerations?
While the GI value gives first-hand knowledge about the type of carbohydrate a person is consuming, it is hard of any help when it comes to the amount of carbohydrate intake. Portion size, therefore, still plays an important role for patients suffering from diabetes. The GI count of a food item greatly varies when combined with a food which has higher GI or lower GI for that matter. Nutritious food that is extremely beneficial for the body, tends to have a higher GI count. For instance, the GI count of oatmeal is greater than that of a chocolate.
Which one is more effective?
While there is no hard and fast rule for maintaining the carbohydrate count, an approach that is equally balanced between a GI count and carbohydrate count works best for a patient. Both the type of carbohydrate as well as the count of carbohydrate plays a crucial role in keeping the blood sugar level under control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.
Dear doctor please help, I am 25 yr. Old male, I am unmarried and suffering from problem that when I masturbate I ejaculate within 1 minute. And another problem is when I talking with may girlfriend my penis release saliva. Sir, what can I do? Please help me. Sir, these problems can affect my future married life?
I am 24 year old female. I have pcos. I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. I am getting burning like sensation while having sex with my husband. We didn't had sex since 15 days but today when we had sex I am getting burning like sensation in my vagina.Please tell.
I have had loose motions for 2 days now along with which I also have been vomiting. There is a constant feeling of fullness. Or heaviness like a bloated stomach and I am. Not able to eat anything including medicines like pudin hara or digene, which I only end up vomiting again. I have constant very bad tasting burps and because of the bloating feeling I cannot even sleep properly. I have to travel in two days.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is such a disorder of personality that causes mood swings, self-esteem issues, impulsive behavior and recurrent self-harm behaviour. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with these varied psychological issues.
A patient suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. It is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. Patients suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone.
Causes of BPD:
- Neglect and/or sexual abuse
- Some kind of childhood trauma like abandonment
- Loss of a dear one
- Neuro-chemical disturbance in the brain
- Genetic vulnerability
- Prolonged and chronic stress or anxiety
Symptoms of BPD:
- Disturbing thoughts: One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings: The patient often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis. 4. Suicidal feelings and attempts.
- Intense but unstable relationships: Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.
- Impulsive behavior: Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.