Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita SamaYour feedback matters!
Oats and whole grain biscuits are good or not. I have a habit of eating biscuits with in the morning. please suggest..
If the periods is late due to the thyroid problem than what we do? It is almost 42 days to last periods. Please suggest for the same.
My gynaecologist told that my sister is having 9x5x4 size uterus with chocolate cyst in right ovary of size 6x3x3. She have a baby of1 years old. Is there anything serious of uterus size n cyst.
We had sex on 21st of November and my wife's last periods started on 9th November. Now she got some bleeding on 7th December and it stopped on 8th. She is having backache and frequent urination. Is she pregnant?
Hi, I am not getting my periods since 4 months. I faced same issue one year back also then I consulted one gynae and she asked me to eat some tablet. I ate that and later for few months my periods were normal. Now again I am facing the same issue. I went through thyroid test ( normal), urine test ( normal), and few other tests also. Everything was normal so the doctor told because you have stress or some hormonal imbalances it may be possible. But I don't want to eat those tablets again. Can you guide me what can be the reason? My age is 23 and I am overweight(but I did not have this problem before last year). Thanks
Mam meri mangter ko 10 week ka baby hi koi option hi kya ki medicine se WO alag hosake shadi ko abhi 4 saal hai.
Meri girlfriend hai us k sath me sex krna chahta hu Wo Abhi vrgin hai To hme ye to pta hai ki condom use krna chahiye hum ne try bhi kiya 4-5 bar lekin mera pennis uske vagayna me enter nhi ho paya To uski tips dijiye Ye bhi bataye ki Usko pain hoga wo kitna time hoga Blood kitna niklega.
Kya bacchedani me bar bar infection hona dangerous h? Iske liye bachedani ko hatwa sakte hai kya? mei dwaiya leti hu tab tak infection ka drad mit jata hao badme vahi dard vapis suru ho jata hai? please suggestion me.
I am a breast cancer patient. I have completed the treatment on 31.5. 2014. Follow -up check up going on. Please suggest the exercise. I have also plan a walking just 20 minutes daily or two days once. Please tell me.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and reduced sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing.