Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kapil AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I am a 24 yr old male residing in Chennai. Due to some problem my scalp becomes oily every alternate day and there is uncontrolled hairfall. Can you tell me the reasons for the same and specify some remedial measure?
I am 24 years old Female and one and a half month before I was suffering from chicken pox and got the scars on my face and body. So please tell me the homemade remedies to remove those scars and one of the doctor told me the anti marks cream (Bio Valley) but I don't get this medicine from any medical store. So please guide me.
Dry skin occurs when your skin lacks the necessary moisture it requires. It tends to make your skin flaky, itchy and sometimes causing red patches especially on your legs, back, arms, or waist. These are the areas we usually forget to moisturize and we tend to concentrate more on our face and hands. Dry skin is usually the result of frequent bathing, use of soaps which are harsh for your skin. Scratching an itchy patch too much will eventually draw blood and might even result in a permanent scar.
However, there are lots of remedies for dry skin, which will help you restore the natural oils of your skin and make your skin glow:
- A hot water bath is a strict no for your dry skin: Hot showers tend to remove your body of its natural oil, which is essential to keep your skin moisturized and smooth. A warm shower should last no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, gently pat your skin dry with a towel and immediately slather on the moisturizer.
- Do not use harsh soaps: Wash your body with a soapless cleanser when you take a bath. Skin care experts recommend a cleanser that contains ceramides. Ceramides are fatty molecules that help the skin to hold moisture.
- Use sunscreen with good SPF: One of the main causes of dry and itchy skin is sun damage. To prevent sun damage, use of sunscreen with a good amount of SPF is essential for your skin. If you're planning to stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes, make sure you use a sunscreen with SPF 30. There are many moisturizers which have a good amount of SPF.
- Moisturize your skin daily: Use moisturizers, which contain ceramides, shea butter and glycerin. Moisturizing your skin daily can easily prevent dry skin. Apply a good moisturizer immediately after taking a shower to trap in the moisture.
- Use a face mask: A honey and oatmeal face mask can be used as an exfoliating scrub. Mix together 2 tablespoons of oats with a tablespoon of honey. Spread the mask over your face, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
My skin is so dry in winter any moisturizer doesn't work on my face and my face burn when I wash or I touch my face. What I do?
My face is oily and black heads is full affect in my face and my face is very dull. How to remove black heads in my face.
Face becoming dull day by day sir, Face is not glowing. Mine is oily skin. So kindly suggest me a BEST Face wash or soap! thanks in advance.
I am suffering from body rashes. I consulted some doctors but the situation didn't improve. I need some urgent cure as my board exams are going to start in next week.
I am 34 year old male frequently I get itching near private part and lower buttks what treatment should I take. When I use fluconazole 5mg once a week for 4wks it will heal but after 1 or 2 months again it will come. And one another skin problem I have is white patches on my back from neck in telugu we call it as shibbem. Please let me know what to use.
I am 26 year old girl. I want my skin to glow. I want to know what fruits I should include in my diet to make my skin glowing. Also, I wanted to know whether eating a bowl of papaya can heat the stomach and cause acnes. N which is the best fruit juice that will make my skin glow and fair.
My mother and sister using boraxine ointment for pimples, in under eyes, lip cracks, corn. Is there any problem for using this ointment?
I get dark circles under my eyes. Pls tell me y those coming. Is there any solution to get rid about those? Pls help me.
My face get blackness in last some month My hand also get more black. How it black I don't know. What do for my. natural color and whiteness please give me home solution what can I do. please suggest solution.
Im 26 year old lady who works in night shifts from 6 pm to 5 am. I sit this long in the terrible cold air conditioned room and my skin is getting darker day by day. What should I do to remove it and to take care of my skin in future?
Laser skin resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure which helps in rejuvenating the skin. The effects of sun, old age and some facial skin disorders are also reduced with laser skin resurfacing. This procedure is quite safe, convenient and provides effective results. The expenses for this procedure are comparatively lesser than other related cosmetic procedures.
Laser skin resurfacing is also called laser peel and helps in the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells in also stimulated. As a result of this procedure, your skin becomes smoother, younger and looks healthy.
During the procedure, a laser is used, which dissolves the molecular bonding of damaged skin cells. This is done layer by layer until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more uniform. The damaged skin layers are peeled during this procedure.
Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your requirement. All facial lines and wrinkles are improved depending upon the depth. There are different devices used for laser skin resurfacing and hence, the procedure can be divided into several types, based on the types of laser used.
Types of Lasers:
1. CO2 lasers: This device accounts for being the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin's appearance becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser utilizes heat for the restriction of collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are used in early stages of cancer treatment.
2. Erbium lasers: These lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. These are less powerful than the CO2 lasers, but more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is carried out mostly in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation are less. The healing period is shorter, and these lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
3. Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other laser treatment methods. The Fraxel laser procedure is non-invasive and fewer side effects occur after the treatment. Skin tenderness and pain are not felt after the treatment. This treatment requires several sessions to be completed.
A laser skin resurfacing procedure enhances your skin's beauty and youthfulness as all facial lines or wrinkles are eliminated. The overall texture of the skin is also improved in case it becomes rough and coarse due to sun damage. The production of collagen in the lower dermis is stimulated as well. Laser skin resurfacing also removes skin growth like moles and warts.
Laser skin resurfacing is an effective cosmetic procedure for skin rejuvenation.
Note: All the wrinkles or facial lines are improved/eliminated depending upon age/depth and the type of Lasers used /indicated.
I am 24 years old house wife. There are some small scars on my face. I want a clear healthy skin. How can I got it.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
- Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nano second to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
- Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
- Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
- Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimetres will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
- Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the colour, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin colour.
- Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
- Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert.