Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kanwal SodhiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 17 jan and her monthly date came 13 jan or after intimation I gave I pill to her after 2 hour and know she starting bleeding today 24 jan and I am very scared is she pregnant? please consult me asap thanks.
I am 25 years old. I did not get periods for the last four months. Please suggest me any pills to get them immediately.
Hello, I am 32 years old. Maine 5 month tak novelon tablet ka course kiya hai. Lekin period regular nhi hua. Last period date 9 June hai. Kya kru? Tell me please.
Irregular periods cycle after my delivery. Babies are not alive. They were born on 28th april 2016. My last periods was on 19sep and this mnth it is today 13th october. My periods are not clear also. Another problem we tried to conceiving next baby this month but we could not conceive. How will we conceive and why periods are irregular?
I am a married man now since 2 years to this may 2016 but still we haven't got a child I consult so many doctors in our city but still not work first my wife treatment is done after that they started me then they telling everything is alright no problem both of you. They given me some sperm production pills so I can continue with that or suggest me something. Thanks in advance.
She is having Irregular menstrual. Her periods will come after 6 or 7 month later. What she can do.?
Hello doctor. I am married women aged 26 years. I am having bleeding after sex. What are the probable reasons for this?
I have miscarriage a baby now I am not getting pregnant may some problem of egg implantation so please suggest me some thing who help me in getting pregnant.
Hi, I am 14 weeks 2 days pregnant but not showing. I felt slight butterflies in my abdomen 1 week back but now i dont feel anything. I feel slight cramps while walking and sleeping and some incerase in white/creamy color discharge also. USG done on 13th and all was fine. Cramps are like some pressure is there , and sometimes on only left or right side. Can i get my USG done again.Is it harmful ? i have already 4 USG's done. Please help
I am 27 and my husband is 28 yrs. From last one year I had aborted 2 times. 1st pregnancy at 7 weeks due to bleeding. 2nd one at 4th month due to a birth defect of baby seen in ultrasound. Defect is anencephaly. Now took gap of 6 months after abortion. We are planning for pregnancy also I am taking folic acid (mcbm-69. Recently I have done Torch test and APL test. In that it seems for Rubella-IgG 4.72 OD ratio I have and for Rubella-IgM I have 1.74 OD Ratio. Pls help me do I have Rubella infection or I am immune to Rubella. Reference range is: Negative: <=0.90 Equivocal: 0.91 - 1.10 Positive: >= 1.11 Positive means do I have infection.
I had unprotected sex yesterday. My last period started on 20 nov 2016. I did not bleed in december. Will I get pregnant.
I am 27 years old married woman. I am feeling pain in my left breast for almost 3 months. Have visited gen, Physician already.
Hello asking it again , I got my periods on 12th july and did intercourse just fr 2-3 mins using contraceptive (condom) on 17th july and afterwards I checked it and it was all ok (no leakage) . This month I should have got my periods on 10th but its 22 today and my cycle has not started yet. Yesterday I took pregnancy test and it was negative. From last month I am on regular workout and on ayurvedic medications so is there any point of worry. Please revert me back.
I am facing weakness issue and my periods are missed. I want to know that am I pregnant still co I havr checked twice and it was negative. My period date was yesterday that is 12 but I checked my pregnancy test before. please help me with this issue.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues by certain foreign bodies, such as bacteria, parasite and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute that is can last for a short time or chronic that lasts for a long time or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom, generally these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling, and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body . They, on one hand hampers the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be a great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there are no side effects of this treatment and the disease is cured permanently. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and Sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Hello doctor I m 20 years old. My breast size is 32, I don't find it growing. What should I do? 2 years before I had lump in both the breasts and it was mobile but now i am safe.
Hi my name is vishaka. I'm by 8 months pregnant and from the 4th months onwards my limbs and hills had been started paining. Taken the painkiller also but not effective.
Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding refers to abnormal vaginal bleeding caused due to an imbalance in hormone levels and hormone signals. The affirmation of such a disorder is attained following the method of elimination. Ruling out factors leading to vaginal bleeding helps confirm the condition of Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. A proficient medical practitioner or a gynecologist so to say, will check if the bleeding is caused during pregnancy or due to a miscarriage, if there is a bacterial infection in the vagina or uterus and if bleeding is the result of a disease like cancer or a disorder like development of fibroids. When all these doubts are answered in negative, you know you are suffering from anovulatory bleeding; another name for the condition in concern. Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding is also starkly set against incongruities resulting from systemic disorders, inflammation of the skin of your cervix and frequent consumption of oral contraceptives.
What triggers Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding:
Doctors say that Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding could possibly be the effect of your ovaries not releasing an egg. The frenzied interaction of hormone signals might make you bleed very heavily during menstruation. Menstrual blood is likely to contain clots. Also, menstruation in this case could either be premature or delayed.
Clinical ways to examine the presence of this disorder in a woman
- An ultrasound may be used to detect problems in the pelvic region or in the uterus.
- Hysteroscopy gives a detailed and clearer view of the uterus.
- Hormone tests such as thyroid function tests are also useful.
- Some doctors even make use of Pap smear for diagnosis.
- A pregnancy test can identify signs.
- Biopsy is used to check for cancer or precancerous cells.
Commonly observed symptoms:
Some of the symptoms of Dysfunctional Uterine Disorder are the same as that resulting from hormonal issues;
- Hirsutism or excess hair growth on the face, chest and limbs.
- A kind of tenderness felt in and around the vagina.
- Sudden outburst and mood swings.
Other symptoms characteristic of an ovulatory bleeding are:
- Bleeding or spotting from vagina between two consecutive periods.
- Prolonged and disabling periods: Menstruation for some might last for more than eight to ten days.
- The duration between periods keeps altering every month.
- Heavy blood flow during periods and passage of clots could be worrisome.
Dysfunctional Uterine Bladder needs careful medical assistance and prompt treatment. Delaying the process can make you anemic and severely prone to endometrial cancer.