Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kandilwal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KandilwalYour feedback matters!
Hi meri beti abhi 24 day ki hai. Wo breath bahot teji teji se leti hai kabhi kabhi to kya ye sahi hai ya use koi taklif hogi.
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
Competition with Others,
Desires not getting fulfilled,
Relationship related concerns,
Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances and much more. Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors. Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms of Depression:
Persistent Sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
Helplessness and Hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
Irritability: Low tolerance level.
Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
Concentration Issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults. In the initial stages or in the milder form or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally free from side effects and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.