Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana KatariaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old female. I had protected sex (condom, no breakage or leaking) with my partner on 24 nov 2016 which was 3 days before my period due date. After that on 27 I got my periods which lasted for 7 days. I generally has 33-36 days cycle. Today is 7th jan 2017 and still got no period for this month. I was in medication for pcos till may 2016. Is there any chance that I may be pregnant or its just because of pcos?
Study has found that inhaled analgesics such as nitrous oxide or a flurane derivative is safe and effective in reducing pain during early stages of labour
She is facing pain in lower abdomen and in the back She has lots of white discharge plus painful urine discharge.
Hello Doc, i'm 25 years old 38+ weeks preg. With breech baby. My uterus is nt open enough nd baby is high. Baby's weight is 3.2 kg. My bp & sugar level is normal nd due date is 24 dec. My gyno. Suggested me don't wait for due date go with c-session nxt week. please suggest what to do?
Mein coriander seed boil kar k pete hu morning mein kahi mjh concieve karne mein problem toh nhi hoge please tell me what can I do.
Hi I am 22 years old. My stomach is pain in mc so what can I do? And my hair loss problem is very higher please tell us tablet or medicine for hair loss.
I am having vaginal infection. There are blisters at the corners of vagina, pain burning sensation while passing urine. I am taking norflox400 since 1 day and using nuforce kit. Please suggest treatment.
I'm 54 years old and my wife is 46 years. We got married in 2001 and after many miscarriages, she conceived and we had our first issue in 2003. Two years later she was pregnant but lost it in the 5th month. Since then she couldn't conceive again till date. What could be the cause and what shall i do? Our daughter is 13 years now. Please help.
Hello doc I'm a mother of 20 days old girl. and I want to know when can I have outside food or junk food I mean after how many months. and doctor when can you plan to diet? Thanks in advance.
I had a sex with prostitute. While having sex I saw her organ in which we usually have a sex or intercourse. In simple terms vagina. But her vagina was red alot and o think little bit infected I mean abnormal. As I have seen many vaginas but they are normal. So I am little bit nervous nd also worried will I get affected bu HIV positive. Are there any possibilities for the same? But I had used the condom. Please help me.
I AM 30. I AM PLANNING FOR A BABY FOR LAST 2 YEARS BUT NO SUCCESS. FOR LAST 1 YEAR MY BLEEDING REDUCED FROM 4 DAYS TO 2 AND HALF DAYS. Flow is also not regular during these 2 and half days. WHAT IS THE REASON AND ANYTHING PROBLEMATIC?
Hello doctor I wanted to know if primon n and primolut n are used for delaying periods? Are they both the same tablets?
As I asked above. If leads to pregnancy. What will be the symptoms to find it immediately. If pregnancy what should we do to get out of this problem.
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well known and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?