Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kailash MadanYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods since 1 yrs. It delays sometimes for 1 week. Some times 2wks. Some times I have taken homeopathy medicine (puls Q). Now what should I do?
Hello. I am 24 years old. I got my 1st period when I was 14 years old. And ever since there has been Some or the other problem with my periods. They wer irregular for almost 6-7 years. I used to get them once 2-3 months. I was a little over weight as well. However since last one year I started doing yoga. Walking and had a great healthy diet due to which without Any medicines my periods became super regular, in August 2015 I had a blood test to check vit D B12 and thyroid. Thyroid was negative. There was vitamin deficiency for which I took medicines. Again in Sept 2015 I had a blinding pain in my lower abdomen and went for a complete lower abdomen scan. The scan showed everything is normal. Uterus is normal. But the ovaries showed some cysts. The doctor said they are polycystic appearing ovaries. And after september for almost 9 months my periods were regular but they became scanty. Lasting only 3 days instead of 5 and less bleeding. Since the last 2 months (I left yoga) I started having the same problem again. My periods are irregular and I don't get them. I went to the gynecologist last month she told me I am still over weight by 5 kgs and pcos has only one treatment which is maintaining a healthy life style. She gave me a tablet and told me to take it if I don't get my period by the end of the month. I took the tablet. I did bleed but it was very very less. Just in 2 days and the blood was not red. I had brown discharge and brownish bleeding. This month again I don't get my period. It's really irritating now. I am otherwise very healthy. I don't take stress. I don't drink I never smoke then why is this happening? Also off late I have started to experience dryness and itching in vaginal area. Weakness in arms. Back pain and sometimes pain in my left breast which goes away on its own. I was going through the internet and found out that sometimes menopause is also the reason. I really feel I am also getting menopause at this age. Why else there would be so much problem in the functioning of my period cycle? So could any doctor confirm whether this is menopause? If yes what should I do? What is a permanent solution to this problem? It's really irritating now! Thank you.
Even minor degree of thyroid impairment in pregnancy can lead to lower IQ in offspring. Hence hypothyroidism should be adequately treated.
Is there any chAnces of pregnancy if period is not at date. Or how to protect to become pregnant. Plss reply.
Duration of pregnancy Lik. Weeks, months kese count hote he? Ma last period date was 28th Feb 2016 please tell me ma duration of pregnancy.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
I am suffering from bronchitis from many years recently I got surgery of ca rectum after chemotherapy my chest remains congested and my sputum is yellow I took med but no relief. What should I do.
My wife has saggy breasts. She is worried as she is only 24 (no child) and wants to know if this can be cured in anyway. Her height is 5ft and weight is 77 kg.
Hi, I am 7 week 1 day pregnant. I am working my office timings are 9-6 but it took almost 4 hours (2 hrs in the morning, 2hrs in the eve. I go via cab) to reach my office. Though am not having nausea, vomiting any symptom, everything is fine but still in just want to know that sitting for almost 13-14hrs will effect anyway my baby's growth or should I take leave right now till 4th month and then continue my job? Please advice on this?
Hi, I had first time intercourse with partner, now she feels irritation by touching vagina during wash. What to do?
I'm 25, and I recently had an intense session with my boyfriend. Well I had any sort of sexual activity after 4 years. Im a virgin and still believe In the whole after marriage thing but this time our private parts did come in contact for a while and the internet is scaring me that it is possible to get pregnant even if nothing comes out of nothing goes in. I'm getting paranoid because my lower back is paining since then and now after all the internet research my knee joints seem to be paining as well. It's been 3 days since we did. Please advice
I am 30 years old. I am planning for pregnancy, but my AMH level was very low at 0.59. Can I become pregnant naturally. Doctor told IVF is only option. Is it true.
The rains have come, so has dengue. The mosquitos that spread dengue bite during the daytime, so keeping as much of the body covered as possible reduces risk of being bitten. Use a mosquito repellent on the exposed parts of the body, it is safe in children, a repellent applied on the hands legs and face will protect much more than the fancy mosquito bands that are aggressively marketed during this season.
The first symptom of dengue fever is increased body temperature, which often associated with body aches and headache. Many over the counter fever medications have drugs that have effect on the kidneys, liver and platelets. Instead of self medication, it is advisable to seek medical attention. Diagnosing dengue early and being under the guidance of a doctor can prevent complications.
The major issue in dengue is decreased blood volume due to a leakage in the capillaries, the way to manage this is by adequately hydrating the person and quite often need intravenous fluids and serial monitoring of the blood counts and platelets. Unnecessary antibiotics and other drugs can increase the risk of bleeding and complications. Avoid self medication and over the counter medications.
Screening tests have to be chosen carefully, many labs advertise dengue screening, unless the correct test is chosen depending on the time since the start of the illness, these tests would not be useful. Stay alert, stay safe, always seek medical opinion before treatment or tests.
I had a child and we are planning to next children but I want gap 5 years so tell me any birth control process.
Having urine infection . Details are as below: 1- burning 2- blood in urine. Kindly mention the cause of the problem and remedies . Thanks.
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse.