Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kaberi BenerjeeYour feedback matters!
Am skinny 31 years old, married for 1 yr, we r planning for baby, doctors told dat my ovulation day wil be on 12th day from my periods but I got my ovulation on 16th day, is it normal or wil it be a problem to get pregnant, am worried please reply me.
I have irregular periods, I had so many treatments but still it was not cured. After having the prescribed tablets then only I get periods, I'm going to get marry with in two months, I'm very scared because of this problem, what shall I do.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is also known as PCOD. PCOS is a hormonal and metabolic disorder of women which has negative impact on their cardiovascular and reproductive health. Exact cause of PCOS is not known but both genetic and environmental factors play a role in it's development. It is known to run in families.
Clinical features of PCOS
Classically PCOS is described as triad of hyperandrogenemia, anovulatory cycles and polycystic ovaries on ultrasound. Any two of these three clinical features are enough to diagnose condition.
Common symptoms of PCOS
Symptoms of PCOS are irregular cycles with episodes of heavy bleeding, infertility, thick and dark hair growth over face and trunk, acne, male pattern hair loss over forehead. Many of these girls and women are overweight or obese. People with PCOS are at increased risk of diabetes mellitus and heart diseases.
To diagnose PCOS, few blood tests to see your hormone levels and ultrasound scan of pelvis are done. Simultaneously patients need to undergo blood tests to assess their metabolic health and to rule out other hormonal disorders which can have similar clinic presentation as in PCOS.
Lifestyle modification is first and most important for patients of all age group. They should exercise regularly and maintain normal weight. Then depending on patients symptoms oral tablets are given either to manipulate hormone levels or their action. With treatment, patients have good quality of healthy life. These medicines make menstrual cycle regular, reduce abnormal hair growth over face and trunk, improve glucose tolerance and improve fertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
I performed sex with out safety but did not ejaculate inside vagina arey there any chances of she becoming pregnant?
How to increase chances of normal delivery?
A normal birth or a normal delivery takes place when the uterus contracts strong enough to push the baby out of the vagina. This mode, being agonizingly painful; however, is also one of the safest and healthiest means of giving birth. When the child passes through the birth canal, they acquire healthy bacteria which build up their immunity.
In few cases, the normal birth process faces few obstacles owing to which an assisted delivery method has to be approached. This includes an episiotomy, forceps delivery, ventouse delivery, induction, as well as c-section.
If you wish to avoid the above mentioned methods of assistance during your delivery, then go through the following content of the article to learn about certain ways of attaining a normal delivery.
1. Perineal massage:
A perineal massage once or twice a week during the end days of pregnancy can reduce your chances of having an episiotomy, if you are about to deliver for the first time. However, such a massage would be of no use if you have already given birth to a baby vaginally.
2. Early labour at home:
Many women tend to head to the hospital during early hours of labour. However, such an act increases the incidence of c-section. During early hours of labour, staying at home until active contractions begin is much more appropriate than the former act.
3. Mobility during early labour:
The early hours of labour require mobility such as walking, squatting or turning sides when resting. With your body moving, the baby shall also acquire some mobility enough to help itself through the birth canal.
4. Control your weight:
Throughout your gestation, you need to check for your weight and keep it under control. Gaining too many kilos can result in obstructed labour, which in turn shall call the need for an instrumental assistance.
5. Hot shower:
During the early hours of labour, dipping yourself in a tub filled with warm water can make some really effective means of controlling pain. The pain eases off a bit while the uterus contracts and does its job. If you do not have a tub, then take a shower with warm water instead.
6. Avoid panicking:
At the hospitals, women who fail to achieve proper uterine contractions are offered induction of labour via administration of oxytocin. This is a hormone, which is actually released naturally in the body when the time of delivery approaches. However, stress can produce adverse affects on the body’s oxytocin production. Hence, try to stay calm and relaxed when you are approaching your time of delivery.