Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. RamalingamYour feedback matters!
My son is 10 month old. He having cold allergy and before he had suffered from bronchitis. How I prevent from diseases.what can be done
Hi, doctors, My son is 7 years old. He is too week than his ribs can be counted from backside and front side. Although he has no illness. He weight is 18 kg. He doesn't take interest in having food. I have given him tonic also but in vein. Please suggest treatment or diet plan to make him healthier.
I have a kid who will soon turn 3. I'm so worried that she doesn't put on weight. Birth weight was 2.36 kgs. Uptill year 1 she gained well Theron it's minimal. Now too she weigh btw 10.6 to 10.80. Somehow each time I feel she will gain weight, she falls sick and loses weight. Hence her weight always stays within 11 kgs. She is otherwise a super active baby. My ped advised pediasure but nothing. Trying to get her eat the list given by a dietician but no results. I am worried.
Meri beti ghar ke bahar jaha jati hai (school. Dance class or relative house. Invitation) koi kuch pucha to chup rahati hai muh niche karke dusra kuch dekti hai. Lekin ghar mai tandab chalati ha. Unki age 3.4 years. solution kya ha?
What all can be included in a 4 years old boy's diet to keep him healthy n hearty. He gets angry very easily n cries very often otherwise my son is very nice n naughty. Due to household stress I also at times scold him n slap him may b this is the reason?
Hi, My daughter is 16 months old and she has 4 upper teeth and 4 lower teeth and one of the upper teeth little black color is to afraid about that please tell me reason.
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
My 2 years old daughter is born with single kidney and her Serum Creatinine level is 0.87 ml. Please confirm if it is normal.
My daughter is 3.6 years old. Her growth is perfect but she don't talk clearly. I consult with family docter he says all is normal. I want to know is there any solution so that she can talk clearly as all children with her in school are talking clearly.
My son is 4 years old has constipation from last 2 years. We gave him alumina 30 but after some time it is not working. Same condition he has now. He is not able to release stool. Infact it takes 3 days sometimes. please suggest some homeopathy medicine
My 4 year old son coughto with cold weather since yesterday. Also he vomit yesterday and had stomach pain and lose motion.
My son on his 2nd birthday weighs 14.5 kg, while his height is 91 cm. Considering his 1st birthday weight of 9.5 kg, is his weight within normal limits?
My daughter is 5 years old. Now a days after eating little bit of breakfast, she has stomach pain & vomiting. But in noon & night she is eating well. What is the reason for this symptoms?
My 9 month baby boy suffering from UTI since last 3 months detected with bacteria. Antibiotic inj. Killed those bacteria. Now, latest urine culture report says aerobic culture shows no growth and pus cell 1-2/hpf. What does it mean and when it will be cured?
my sone is surfing from Autism , he is now 5 years old but could not speek properly, is ther any medicine help him
In India, 2% of urban children are obese, 8-10% are overweight and the number of children likely to be obese is on the rise. Junk food seems to be the major cause behind this recent trend.
Low in nutrient but high on calories, junk food has been found to adversely affect not only energy levels but also brain function. With junk food being easily available, it could be tough to keep your child away from it while nudging him on to eat healthily. However, there are ways in which you can keep your child away from junk food, and consequently lifestyle diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular problems etc. Read on...
1. Always keep healthy snacks easily accessible
Children have a tendency to have foods that are visible and easy to reach. So, if you have packaged foods that your child can get his hands on very easily, it’s time to remove them. From vegetables, fruits to wholegrain crackers, such healthy snack options should be within the reach of your child. Place them in easy to reach food cabinets or on the lower shelves of the fridge, so that whenever your child feels hungry, he can go straight for them rather than opting for unhealthy food options.
2. Say no to junk food when at home
You have the power to create a home environment where you can control what can be eaten and what goes into your pantry. The home should be a place where healthy food should be in and junk food should be out. This way, you get to control the amount of junk food your child has as well as present healthier alternatives to him.
3. Don’t reward your child with junk food
It is very common for parents to reward their children with junk food. This shouldn’t be done as it only makes junk food an even more appealing option for children. Instead opt for non-food rewards such as extra pocket money, or a new toy etc.
Moreover, you shouldn’t use junk food as a bargaining chip either, i.e. by telling him he can have an ice cream if he eats his vegetables first. This would do more harm than good as your child would find processed foods more appealing and healthy food alternatives less appealing.
4. Lead by example
In order for your child to eat healthily, you need to lead by example. Limit your own consumption of junk food first. If you want to take your child away from junk food, you need to be a role-model yourself. Furthermore, it is good to include your child on your plans for healthy eating as it allows them to have a say in what they would and wouldn’t like to eat instead of foodstuffs being imposed on them. Make a meal plan together to figure out healthier eating alternatives for your child.
5. Teach moderation to your child
Don’t completely ban junk food as this move can backfire. This is because, by doing so, the moment your child gets the opportunity to have junk food items, he will most likely overindulge. On the other hand, teach him about moderation and the importance of having small quantities of this type of food from time to time.
Teaching your child to eat healthily is not an easy task, but is also not impossible to achieve. With a little bit of guidance and perseverance, you can easily achieve the goal of keeping your child away from junk foods.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.