Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K C GargYour feedback matters!
Thank you very much sir. Could you also tell me what food can heal psoriasis quickly. I would also like to get all my hair back which is gone because of it.
PCOS is a hormonal disorder seen in most of the women. It affects the ability of the women to produce eggs. In this condition, the ovaries appear with enlarged size and present multiple small sac-like structures (cysts) on the outer edges. These cysts contain immature/undeveloped eggs which may lead to infertility. The exact cause for PCOS is unknown yet. Mostly genetical and environmental factors play a major role in the development of PCOS.
How is PCOS linked with Diabetes?
PCOS and diabetes are linked with each other by a major factor i.e., excess fat and insulin resistance.
Excess fat leads to insulin resistance, which in turn results in development of diabetes.
Reducing excess fat in the body and controlling insulin sensitivity may make the ovaries to “breathe” easier.
Several studies have found that women who had PCOS were more likely to develop type 2 diabetes compared to women who didn’t have. PCOS is associated with higher levels of insulin in the blood. Higher levels of insulin are seen in case of few patients with type 2 diabetes, who are unable to utilise their insulin due to insulin resistance.
PCOS has also been implicated with type 1 diabetes.
Symptoms of PCOS:
Weight gain or obesity
Excess hair growth on face and body
Scalp hair fall
Hyperpigmented skin (acanthosis nigricans)
Does treating PCOS treat diabetes or each other?
No single pharmaceutical agent is approved for the treatment of PCOS and diabetes yet. Choosing a healthy lifestyle and nutrition help live better.
Regular exercise and weight loss is most crucial for keeping the body healthy and fight against obesity and type 2 diabetes, and it can also help in treating the symptoms associated with PCOS.
Reducing excess blood sugar and allowing the body to use insulin more effectively may benefit people with diabetes as well as women with PCOS.
A balanced and gluten-free diet help to reduce the risk of diabetes and to manage weight.
I am 24 year old my penis is curve downward. It is not work properly. There is no tightness, no hardness and low sex drive. Sex drive done within 20 - 30 second.
How to prevent dengue. I already suffered from dengue so there are chances that I will suffer again.
I have pain in my right testicles and in back side right thigh. I have done all the test of my testis, ultrasound etc. Their is nothing wrong then why the pain happen. Pain last 15 days continuously.
I am 14 yrs old boy. I am having pain in my neck and bending it again and again relief me somehow, but it had become a bad habit. Please help
I am 45 years old lady, I am a vegan. I often get sudden pain in right leg from hip to ankle .My height is 5.3 & weight is 76 kgs. The pain comes suddenly after work .This problem started 1 month ago .Please suggest some home remedy or Ayurvedic medicine for this problem.
I like to masturbate very much and even want to have sex how to control it and penis gets erected by seeing hot and sexy boys and girls and want to have sex with them and sex them.
I am having persistent pain by the side of armpits and on back (in the lungs region). The pain is actually very slight pain. I don't have any cough and moreover I did a chest pain view x ray 2.5 months ago and the report was absolutely normal. But this pain is still there and it's persistent (doesn't increases with deep breath or anything). I did not face any weight loss or fatigue or anything. Why is the pain still there? Which doctor shall I consult? Is it cancer? Please help me I am getting worried.
I am 16 years old and I don't get hungry often, and when I get I only eat junk food what should I do to increase my appetite?
I'm 18 years old .I'm suffering from cold from last 25 days I used many tablets but no use. One doctor said that I have dust allergy. I took treatment but also no use what should I do to decrease my cold.(I don't get headache. I have only severe cold)
Vitamin d3 deficiency has reached epidemic proportions in an urban city like Mumbai. Most of us lead a hectic and stressful life with not much sun exposure. Dark skin individuals do not get as much d3 from the sun as compared to white skin. This leads to a deficiency state. Sun is the only source of vitamin d3 for us . It is manufactured in the skin under the influence of sun rays.
Vitamin d3 is important for many body functions. It is important for the bones, heart, lungs, sugar control, immunity, joints and almost every human function.
If you are deficient in Vitamin d3 this needs urgent attention and redressal. I would invite you to get your Vitamin d3 levels checked and correct the deficiency.
I am holding a Vitamin d3 camp at my clinic in the next few weeks. Please message me for more details about the same.
Dr Hardik Thakker.
A fluid comes out from my ear nd it smells so badly that people even dnt come near to me nd its my daily problem nd it has started when I was just of 5 years. I hav used a lot homeopathic medicines and nowadays I am using patanjali ayurvedic medicine but my disease is lyk dat only. What should I do nw to stop this.
The foreskin of my penis covers the head. The glans don't come out after erection due to narrow way. I don't feel any pain during masturbation. Will I face any problem during sex? If yes, then please tell me some solution other than surgery.
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.