Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K B Bhatiya
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. K B BhatiyaYour feedback matters!
I have problem about size of penis I want to increase the size of penis and hardness or strongness of penis please suggest me what me do? Also I want to increase the sex drive or time duration please guide me.
All of a Sudden I have been facing ED, I met an Urologists, he did some blood test and semen analysis. He told me that testrotnes is low and LH is high. Also he found some issues in Semen Analysis. Sperm Motility value is lesser than normal. Is there any relation of Motility and hormones. I am planning for a Kid, Can this happen for me. please suggest.
I have a severe headache for past 2 months and I couldn't even tolerate. It s very frequent and is there a solution to come out of this. Please help me.
My mom aged over 45 below 50 has chronic piles problem and pain in legs lower to knee joints. She's also a patient of low b.p. Now a days pain in legs bcom a severe problem. She's also been diagnosed with diabetes bt it is normal now. What shd we do? Pls advise.
Piles, fistula and fissures are the most common problems affecting the rectum and the anus. Both the rectum as well as the anus has a very rich vascular supply. There could be swelling of these blood vessels or tearing which can lead to the above conditions. Read on to know additional details about each of these conditions.
Piles: In simple words, swollen blood vessels of the anal region are called piles. It can be internal or external, depending on its position inside the rectum or outside the rectum respectively.
- Chronic constipation, where the person has to strain to pass stools
- Increased frequency of motion as seen in dysentery etc.
- Increased abdominal pressure like in pregnancy, obesity etc.
- Smoking and genetics can also lead to piles.
Symptoms: Starts off as painless bleeding, which happens in the form drops or blood spurts during bowel movement (1st stage); the swelling develops later on. They can continue to grow and may come out of anal canal while passing stool (2nd stage). Later on Pile mass comes out even on sneezing, coughing or standing for prolong time (3rd stage)
- In the early stages, once identified, simple Kshar Karma (application of special medicines) is effective..
- Diet should be rich in fiber, with fruits and vegetables
- Increased water consumption
- Ksharsutra Ligation of Pile mass if the disease has reached the 2nd or 3rd stage
- Prevention is advised if there is a family history by taking measures like consuming a fiber-rich diet and maintaining hydration, regular exercises. Sphincter exercise etc.
Fistula: When an anal gland gets infected; it may discharge pus around the anal region or inside anal canal. Anal Fistula is characterized by presence of a nodular swelling around anal orifice with on and off discharges. This condition is usually painless however some pain may be noticed in the swelling before the pus discharges. After pus discharge pain and swelling disappears to recur again after some time.
- A constant wet feeling in the anal area, due to pus discharge.
- This would be intermittent, and there would be periods with no discharge.
- There could be a foul smell due to pus discharge.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
- Identifying the exact location is important for Ksharsutra ligation or Surgery/ VAAFT.
- An ultrasound scan or an MRI is usually done.
- Ksharsutra ligation is a better option as compared to surgery/ VAAFT as the chances of recurrence after surgery/ VAAFT are very high.
Ksharsutra being a non surgical procedure; is more convenient and more effective as compared to surgery. This has already been proved by the scientific trials conducted at AIIMS New Delhi, PGI Chandigarh etc. by Indian Council of Medical Research in 1990.
Graded Ksharsutra is the latest development in Ksharsutra Therapy which is available only at Sushruta Ano Rectal Institute, New Delhi.
Fissures: Fissure is a very painful condition produced due to cracks anywhere in the length of the anal canal usually at the anal verge.
- Very painful and the person may not want to go to the toilet
- Rarely bleeding is also seen, maybe in very small amounts
- Over 90% of the fissures do not require surgery and can be easily managed by Kshar Karma sittings.
- Switching to a high-fiber diet and improving hydration will help in managing these symptoms.
- Topical relief can be provided by application of medicated oils and paste.
- When they are recurrent, a procedure known as lateral sphincterotomy is done. However this procedure is known to have a common complication of fecal incontinence. This is usually seen due to damage to sphincter muscles during surgery or over stretching. Patient is not able to control / hold the stools.
- Anal fissure whether acute or chronic can be easily managed by Kshar Karma and Ksharsutra ligation. No surgery or hospitalization is required; and above mentioned complications are also not seen with this highly specific treatment of Ayurvedic surgery.
Though one condition can lead to another, in most people, there is a strong family history and working towards prevention is highly recommended. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!