Hello friends, I am Dr Jyoti Sharama, I am Dermatologist and cosmetologist, I am practising in Vardaan Skin Clinic in Rohini and Pitampura. Today we will discuss laser hair reduction, as you know the laser hair reduction is the common cosmetic procedure which we carry out in all Dermatological practices. It is a safe and effect of reducing hair in any patient with unwanted hair growth. It works on the principle that a laser light which is a very focus beam of light is about by the Milano Soams of your skin which are present in the hair follicles which when absorb can damage and this causes a reduction in your hair. Before undertaking any patient, we do a careful examination of the patient and get a certain test done. So as to rule out any kind of hormonal anomat case which is causing hair growth? On the day of the procedure, the hair over the area is trim so as to avoid any kind of surrounding heat damage then the area is cooled so as to avoid again surrounding heat damage. The laser physician uses laser protective glasses during the procedure and also the patient is also given some eye protective sheets so that laser light doesn’t enter the patient eye. After the procedure again the area is cooled so as to reduce any kind of discomfort to the patient. There are visibly no side effects to any patient except for mild redness which lasts for hardly 15 minutes. It takes around 4 to 6 sessions monthly apart to get the desired results in the patient. Vardaan Clinic now is equipped with the latest laser technology by Elma lasers which work of the SHR principals which offer a virtual painless and fast method of laser hair reduction for both coarse and soft hair. For further details, you can contact our website that is www.vardaanclinic.com or Lybrate.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Sharma
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I consulted Dr. Jyoti post my consultation with two of the top notch dermatologists. I must say, it was a wonderful experience with Doc, she diagnosed me correctly and put me on right medication for 2 months, and it’s only 7 days and I feel my condition has significantly improved. What I liked most about the Doc that she let me know about the salts, a tentative turn around time of the condition and answered my questions about using another salt, unlike some of the other top notch dermatologists who would talk to you in geek, and you just feel like unwanted, ambiguous about the disease and clueless about the time to recover. I wish all the very best to Dr. Jyoti.
Our family physician personally recommended Dr Jyoti Sharma. Her guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. With great ease she explained us the problem and how the hair loss treatment will be carried out. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Vardaan Clinic - Rohini. During the treatment, my Jyoti Sharma supported me a lot. The overall outlook of the Vardaan Clinic - Rohini was very nice. I am glad that I visited her for my treatment.
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from pimples treatment. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from pimples treatment like this. Jyoti Sharma is really like god send person. The entire Vardaan Clinic - Rohini was spotlessly, clean. Jyoti Sharma has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. The Vardaan Clinic - Rohini was equipped with various facilities. I feel so great after the completion of treatment.
I consulted a number of specialists but the way Dr Jyoti Sharma treated me was the best. Never thought I will suffer from something hair loss like this. She is very professional and is a really patient listener. The overall atmosphere in the Vardaan Clinic - Rohini is very soothing. Jyoti Sharma has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail.Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
Due to her laser skin technology i have had better skin. I am so thankful that Jyoti Sharma has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Vardaan Clinic - Rohini. Even though Jyoti Sharma is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. She is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients.
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the pimples is something not normal. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call her, Dr Jyoti Sharma still takes my call in case of any emergency. Hygiene is very important, and I must Vardaan Clinic was very clean.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Jyoti Sharma to be very helpful and knowledgeable. After consulting many Dermatologist, finally Dr. Jyoti diagnosed me correctly and put me on right medication. The issue is not resolved completely but I see a significant improvement in my condition. I really wish to thank the Doc and express my gratitude towards her.
My boss referred me Dr Jyoti Sharma. Thanks to her I am much better now. The guidance she gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. Even after my treatmentwith my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but she has treated my completely.
I was searching for a well knowledgeable dermatologist for my skin treatment. One of my colleague referred Dr Jyoti. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. The skin treatment she gave benefitted me to great extent. I thank her for her advices which gave a positive result.
Someone from the office, referred us Dr Jyoti Sharma. Finally with her treatment,I feel very relaxed with the hair health treatment. The condition of my hair became worst but Now I am completely fine. I owe her a big thank for her precious time.
I was suffering. I had too many pimples on my face in spite of using all the home remedies for curing it. dr Jyoti Sharma from Vardaan Clinic in Rohini, Delhi helped me cure them with such an ease. I am grateful to her.
dr Jyoti Sharma is a nice doctor. I liked her service. She guided me through the acne control process. I visited her clinic Vardaan Clinic in Rohini. She kept me well informed about everything.
We have visited first time to Dr.Jyoti Sharma ,She is very inteligent and eell knowledgeable Docter did good treatment and prescribe very egfective medicine
Very nice and satisfactory The doctor is excellent she has a very positive approach which helps a patient to feel comfortable and at ease
There are many cosmetic ingredients that can actually have a negative effect on your skin in the long run. The skin is a layer that must be taken care of. This does not merely include staying away from pollutants and dirt and cleaning your skin with the best products. It also means staying away from the wrong cosmetics and ingredients which can harm your skin.
So, let us look at the ten elements from the world of cosmetics that can do more harm than good for the skin.
1. Carcinogens in Lipsticks: This cosmetic ingredient can suck the moisture out of your lips and leave it looking discoloured in the long run. The carcinogenic oils and chemicals that are contained in many long wear lipsticks can damage the delicate skin leaving it exposed to the risk of cancer as well.
2. Benzoyl Peroxide: This is a toxic element that can be found in a number of cosmetics and must be avoided at all costs as it may also expose you to the risk of cancer.
3. Synthetic Colors: The use of synthetic colours in many cosmetics helps you in getting that unique colour of your eyes, cheeks and even lips. But did you know that too much use of this product can actually harm your skin? This is due to the coal tar source of the ingredient which is a skin irritant.
4. Parabens: These widely used preservatives can be found in a number of cosmetics like body washes, shampoos, facial cleansers and even deodorants. This has elements that can cause breast cancer with its estrogen mimicking effects.
5. Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical also acts as an endocrine disruptor, which can have an adverse effect on the thyroid glands as well as the production of the reproductive hormones. It can be found in soaps and toothpaste.
6. Bleach Cream: Hydroquinone cream is one of the most commonly used ingredients in bleach creams, which causes significant damage to the skin. This also breaks down the essential natural oils of the skin to cause redness and rashes.
7. Acrylates in Nail Paint: These chemicals are usually found in acrylic nail paint and can cause cellular damage on the skin and can cause neurological problems and organ toxicity.
8. Fragrance: The chemical and synthetic fragrances used in many perfumes can be found in detergents and fabric softeners as well, which can have a harsh effect on one’s skin.
9. Dioxin: This is an ingredient used in many cosmetics and it may cause malfunctioning of the nervous system as well as rashes on the skin.
10. Wax: Wax is an ingredient can cause bleeding and lead to changes in the direction of the growth of hair from hair follicles. It can also make the skin rough in the long run.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dermatitis Herpetiformis is a condition in which there are constant and painful eruption of rashes with subsequent itching. They mostly develop on the knees, scalps, buttocks and the back. This rash is indicative of your allergy to gluten. A strict adherence to a gluten-free diet is essential for people suffering from this disease.
The primary cause of dermatitis herpetiformis is celiac disease. Gluten is a protein, which is present in wheat and rye. People who have allergy to gluten are said to be suffering from Celiac disease. Dermatitis Herpetiformis, in turn, occurs in people who suffer from Celiac disease. An antibody called immunoglobulin, made to combat with gluten proteins reacts with gluten causing violent eruptions of rashes and subsequent bouts of itching.
There are various, perceptible symptoms of dermatitis herpetiformis. Some of them are:
1. Sensation of burning: Before visible rashes appear on the body, your skin may suffer from a constant sensation of burning. The area where it does take place is where the rashes erupt later on.
2. Outbreak of rash: One of the most common conditions symptomatic of dermatitis herpetiformis is an outbreak of rashes in the elbows, shoulders and scalp. These rashes are an extreme cause of discomfort as they itch continuously. If you notice rashes on these parts of the body that recover themselves only to erupt again later, chances are high that you are suffering from dermatitis herpetiformis.
3. Bumps: Along with rashes, another important symptom of dermatitis herpetiformis is the eruption of even sized bumps all over the body. They are filled with liquids, which have the ability to heal themselves, but they quickly re-appear, leaving behind a purple color mark on the body.
Though various treatments have developed to treat dermatitis herpetiformis, there are many medical complications that this disease entails. Some of them are:
1. Intestinal cancer: Celiac disease causes damage of the intestines. Therefore if you are suffering from it for a long time, the continuous inflammation of the intestine causes intestinal cancer.
2. Anemia: If you are suffering from dermatitis herpetiformis, the intestines refuse to absorb nutrients. If such a condition persists, chances are you may suffer from anemia and deficiencies of certain vitamins.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ask any woman who had a baby in the last one year, as to what was one of her major complaints post pregnancy and the answer would be “stretch marks.” And, if you think of the belly as the only affected area, you are wrong! Even the breasts, calves and arms are affected.
The skin stretches beyond its limits in a short period of time and so these stretch marks appear. It is more common with women who have had excessive weight gain and with multiple babies. It is also hereditary and women with oily skin are less likely to have them. Also, women who regularly apply moisturizer have fewer stretch marks. However, there definitely are ways to both avoid and reduce the stretch marks.
Prevention is definitely more effective.
- Stretch mark creams can be used from day one of pregnancy, which can help reduce the formation of these marks.
- A good cream could also help eliminate existing stretch marks from earlier pregnancies, in addition to preventing new ones from forming.
- It is best to use the cream both during day and night after a warm shower. This will help the skin to absorb the cream optimally, making it more effective.
- Preventive lotions have a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter, honey, aloe vera and various oils including almond, castor, olive, vitamin E, and other essential oils. Each of them has their own effective way to control stretch marks.
- Other preventive measures include exercise, exfoliation using a scrubber and eating a diet which is low in zinc.
But treatment is the solution if prevention is not possible.
- Soon after pregnancy, try and use creams that contain cocoa butter, glycolic acid, various oils like almond, vitamin E, castor, and olive which will help manage the stretch marks.
- A good massage using these oils has proved to be one of the best ways to manage stretch marks on the belly and breasts.
- There are various on-the-shelf products nowadays for treating these marks, but use the one prescribed by your doctor. The way these chemicals get absorbed and excreted may not be clear to you and if you are breast-feeding, it is safer to consult a doctor before using such items.
- In addition to the creams, exercise and sufficient hydration are also essential to help stretch marks disappear.
- Laser surgery is another option which can do any of these 3 things – produce pigments in the lighter areas, improve collagen production in the depressed areas, or reduce the color of the darker areas in a stretch mark. Though offered widely, this is best avoided given the side effects.
Stretch marks are an integral part of pregnancy and it is best to let nature run its course after doing everything to prevent it or treating it safely.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Corns and calluses are areas of stumpy skin caused by friction or pressure. They usually hurt when you wear shoes or walk.
Calluses generally develop on your feet or hands, and most of the time, don’t require treatment.
Corns have a hard or soft inner core. Soft corns are mostly found between the toes, while hard corns form on the top of the toes. Corns that are caused by ill-fitting shoes often reduce on wearing the right shoes.
Repeated friction or pressure causes corns and calluses on areas of skin. The pressure leads to the death of the skin, which develops a protective, hard surface. Soft corns develop in a similar fashion. Corns and calluses are not formed due to viruses and are not harmful. They can be formed due to:
Regular usage of any object that puts strain on the hands, such as sports equipment (badminton racquet) or tools (hammer or gardening hoe), usually leads to calluses on the hands.
Pressure from wearing the wrong footwear usually leads to corns and calluses on the feet. Calluses can also form by walking barefoot.
Abnormal structures on the foot, such as hammertoe or bone spurs, can cause calluses and corns.
Repeated pressure from playing certain sports can also cause calluses on the feet.
Corns and calluses on the feet are easy to spot. A callus is thick, hard and dry, and may appear yellowish or grey in colour. When touched, it will feel bumpy and more insensitive than the skin around it. A hard corn is thick and firm, while soft corns look like an exposed sore. The hard corn may have a grey centre with a light yellow ring around it.
Corns and calluses don’t hurt, but it does become painful when you are wearing shoes or walking. Fitting your feet into shoes gets more difficult due to them. Touching or squeezing the corn or callus can also be painful.
Corns and calluses don’t require treatment normally, but if they hurt, here’s what you can do:
Wearing well-fitting shoes that are roomy with deep and wide toe boxes (the area covering the toe).
Protective paddings, such as moleskin, toe separator, toe sleeves, etc., can alleviate pain.
Soaking the corn or callus in hot water, and then gently wear down the dead skin by using a pumice stone.
- Salicylic acid can be used to soften the corn or callus.
Soft growth occurring on the genitals are known as Genital Warts. Genital warts are infections that are transmitted through physical intimacy (STI). These are caused by certain behaviours of the human papillomavirus (HPV). These growths on the skin cause discomfort, pain and itching. They are particularly harmful for women since certain types of HPV might also cause cancer of the vulva and cervix. HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. Due to this, sexually active people are most vulnerable to various health complications, including genital warts. Prevention of this infection requires essential protection and treatment.
Transmission of genital warts occurs through sexual activity. Development of warts occurs several weeks after the infection. Sometimes, it is not possible to view them with the naked eye. The top of the growths might resemble a cauliflower and might feel slightly bumpy or smooth while touching. The person who is infected may have a single wart or a cluster of warts.
In males, the genital warts may appear in the following regions.
In females, they might occur in:
- Outside the vagina or anus
- Inside the vagina or anus
In a case where the person has had oral sexual contact with the infected person, the genital warts might appear on the mouth, lips, throat or tongue of the person. In case the genital warts are not visible, the other related symptoms include:
Even though the genital warts disappear with time, it is not possible to eliminate the virus once it is in the bloodstream. This would result in several outbreaks during the entire course of life. This is a vital reason why the symptoms should be managed so that transmission of the disease is prevented. Treatment is possible only for relieving symptoms that are painful or for minimizing their appearance. Some topical wart treatments prescribed by the doctor may include:
- Podofilox and Podophyllin (Condylox)
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA)
- Imiquimod (Aldara)
Some surgeries that the physician might conduct to remove genital warts that do not disappear with time include:
- Interferon injections
- Laser treatments
- Cryosurgery, or freezing warts
- Electrocautery, or burning warts with electric currents
- Excision, or cutting off warts
Periodic Pap smears after the initial treatment is recommended for women with genital warts to monitor changes in the cervix.
Aesthetic dermatology is another word for cosmetic dermatology. This branch of science aims to work on the way a person looks. It involves procedures that can rid you of pimples, acne, skin pigmentation, birthmark or may be a mole. It is often argued that aesthetic surgery can't be called medical because it in no way deals in disorders or diseases, that is to say it doesn't treat root causes.
However, constant discoveries and research in the field of cosmetic surgery have shown how greatly they can treat skin problems and can improve your physical appearance. Aesthetic surgery mainly focuses on facial skin. It is wrong to think only film personalities or media professionals go in for these modes of treatment. Many people, who feel inadequate because of their looks, opt for these procedures. Aesthetic surgery is indeed a boon for they relieve you of psychological pressure.
Different ways in which it helps you:
- Treats chronic skin conditions and surface blackheads: Blue light therapy successfully fights bacteria, thus preventing the growth of acne. It has also been used to get rid of eczema, which is a discomforting condition with serious symptoms like irritable and itchy skin. Comedo extraction is possible through chemical peels. Chemical peels can work wonders with a patchy, discolored skin and facial blackheads.
- Fat injections and liposuction: So many people wish to have full lips. This is possible with the help of fat injections. Injecting collagen or fat deposits, having extracted them from some other part of your body, can give you fuller lips. Liposuction can be used to remove excess fat from your body further making your skin look taut.
- Treats Spider veins: Does your face resemble a leaf with bluish purple veins showing? If yes, you probably have spider veins. Spider veins can be cured with the help of laser treatment. Exposure to laser can repair capillary breakages while it makes the veins regain their original size.
- It can remedy hair loss: Uncontrollable hair loss is depressing for both men and women. Clinical studies have found out injecting plasma, rich in platelets, into the scalp can accelerate hair growth.
- It helps in decreasing pore size: Botox is a tried and tested way to reduce the size of your skin pores. As you age, increased pore size leads to a dull skin. Botox can help you look young.
- A reliable cure for cellulite: Fibrous bands often show on the skin of your hands, thighs and neck. It creates a dimpling effect that makes you look saggy and fat. Cellfina is a procedure in aesthetic dermatology, capable of treating cellulite. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Impetigo is an extremely contagious infection caused by bacteria that affects the skin. It occurs on the face, neck and hands of young children and infants. Diapers wearing infants tend to get it around the diaper area. It is highly contagious and causes red sores that can break open, ooze fluid and develop a yellow brown crust. Impetigo is a contagious disease and can spread to others through close contact. It can also spread by sharing towels, sheets, clothing, toys or other items. As the skin becomes quite itchy, scratching also spread the sores to other parts of the body.
Impetigo is caused by two bacteria namely streptococcus pyogenes and staphylococcus aureus. There are several different types of impetigo and their symptoms and causes set them apart from each other.
Impetigo contagiosa or nonbullous impetigo is highly contagious and begins with red sores around the nose and mouth. When these blisters burst they leave a weeping, red itchy rash that becomes crusted. It may also lead to swelling of lymph nodes.
Bullous impetigo is common in children below the age of two years. Initially clear blisters appear on the torso, arms and legs which later turn cloudy. The blisters caused by bullous impetigo last longer as compared to blisters caused by other types of impetigo.
Ecthyma is the most serious form of impetigo as it affects the second layer of the skin in addition to the outermost layer. It results in blisters, which are painful and these blisters turns into ulcers or open sores coupled with swelling of lymph nodes.
Symptoms of Impetigo are uncomfortable and embarrassing, especially when the blisters are present on the face. The symptoms of impetigo include red sores, which pop easily and results in formation of yellow crust, fluid-filled blisters, skin lesions, itchy rash and swollen lymph nodes.
Impetigo is highly contagious and spreads by skin-to-skin contact with an impetigo patient. It also spreads by touching things used by impetigo infected patient, such as towels, bedding, and toys. Any injury to skin, insect or animal bites also aggravates Impetigo.
If one is suffering from Impetigo, one can do the following things to prevent it from spreading to other areas of the body, as well as to other individuals. These include usage of antibacterial soap to wash hands, a clean towel or fresh paper towel to dry the body or hands, washing clothes in hot water, cleaning surface areas in the home with antibacterial products, keeping short fingernails, avoiding schools and childcare centres and not sharing personal hygiene items. Children between two to six years of age, regularly attending a daycare or school, participating in activities that involve skin-to-skin contact are at higher risk for contracting Impetigo.
Impetigo can be easily treated with antibiotics. For instances of mild Impetigo, an antibiotic ointment or cream to put on the sores will suffice whereas for more serious infection, one may have to take antibiotic pills.
Are you observing uneven pigmentation on your skin? In this condition, the color of your skin may get different in different places and it affects people of all skin colors, types and backgrounds. Skin pigmentation may arise from several factors such as exposure to sunlight, skin damage, inflammation and certain genetic conditions. It is mostly caused due to an overproduction or underproduction of melanin.
Here are the different types of skin pigmentation
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of concentrated melanin. These tend to darken with exposure to more sunlight. Freckles are more common in people with a fair complexion.
- Age spots or liver spots: These are also called solar lentigos. This is a type of skin pigmentation, which is mostly associated with aging and prolonged exposure to UV light. This condition is more common in people beyond the age of 40 as the skin starts losing its ability of repairing sun damage.
- Birthmarks: These are unusual blemishes on the skin, which are found during birth. They also develop some weeks after birth. Pigmented birthmarks and vascular birthmarks are the two primary types of this pigmentation.
- Melasma: Melasma occurs in both men and women. It is more common in women, especially among pregnant women who use contraceptive pills and women receiving hormone replacement therapy. The condition occurs due to over activation of melanocytes by estrogen and progesterone. When the skin gets exposed to sunlight, it leads to an increase in melanin production.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
This condition arises due to an increased production of melanin because of inflammatory responses. The inflammation occurs during a trauma in the skin layers. It may occur due to various reasons such as acne, skin injury, infections, dermatitis, medications, allergic reactions and some medicines.
Treatment for skin pigmentation
For treating skin pigmentation which occurs because of melanin overproduction, it is recommended for you to get less exposed to sunlight, especially in the affected area. This will prevent the condition from worsening. You should always apply an SP 30+ sunscreen while going out in the sun and cover the affected area from sunlight. The treatment of skin pigmentation depends on several factors, such as the type and cause of pigmentation and the layer of skin where it occurs. There are several modes of treatment, which include pigmentation removal, skin peels, skin needling and many more. These are quite effective in the treatment of different skin pigmentation types.
It is recommended that you consult a skin specialist in case you experience any symptoms of skin pigmentation. This will enable you to have a quick diagnosis and after knowing about the type you are affected with, treatment steps can be started. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello friends, I am Dr Jyoti Sharama, I am Dermatologist and cosmetologist, I am practising in Vardaan Skin Clinic in Rohini and Pitampura. Today we will discuss laser hair reduction, as you know the laser hair reduction is the common cosmetic procedure which we carry out in all Dermatological practices. It is a safe and effect of reducing hair in any patient with unwanted hair growth. It works on the principle that a laser light which is a very focus beam of light is about by the Milano Soams of your skin which are present in the hair follicles which when absorb can damage and this causes a reduction in your hair. Before undertaking any patient, we do a careful examination of the patient and get a certain test done. So as to rule out any kind of hormonal anomat case which is causing hair growth? On the day of the procedure, the hair over the area is trim so as to avoid any kind of surrounding heat damage then the area is cooled so as to avoid again surrounding heat damage. The laser physician uses laser protective glasses during the procedure and also the patient is also given some eye protective sheets so that laser light doesn’t enter the patient eye. After the procedure again the area is cooled so as to reduce any kind of discomfort to the patient. There are visibly no side effects to any patient except for mild redness which lasts for hardly 15 minutes. It takes around 4 to 6 sessions monthly apart to get the desired results in the patient. Vardaan Clinic now is equipped with the latest laser technology by Elma lasers which work of the SHR principals which offer a virtual painless and fast method of laser hair reduction for both coarse and soft hair. For further details, you can contact our website that is www.vardaanclinic.com or Lybrate.