Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti KumariYour feedback matters!
Most often than not, cancer comes unannounced and rocks our world. While of late routine tests are being encouraged, it is advisable to keep a look out for symptoms which are commonly overlooked. Some of them are:
1. Peculiar back pain - it has been noticed that the first symptom for liver cancer in many cases is pain the back of the lower back side of the body. Back pain could also be a symptom for breast cancer, in cases where the tumour is pressing backwards, into the chest.
2. Unexplained nail marks - nails often reflect the condition of our health. If there is a sudden and unexplained change in the fingernails, like maybe a dot/a black mark or a brown mark under the nail, this could be a sign of lung cancer.
3. Sensitive skin patches - if there is a lump on the skin or a patch feels sore, is crusty or bleeds very easily then this could be a symptom of skin cancer. It is important to be aware of all changes in your skin, throughout the body.
4. Unexplained facial puffiness - if your face seems puffy, read or swelled, without any logical explanation, this could be a symptom.
5. Unusual menstruation - if you are having unusually heavy and painful periods, it is advisable to request for a transvaginal ultrasound as this could be a symptom of uterine cancer.
6. Changes in breast (s) - this is the most common change which women who have been diagnosed of breast cancer have reported. If the nipple is flattened, inverted or turned sideways, it could be a symptom for breast cancer. Also, if the breast feels read, sore or swollen, it could be a symptom.
7. Frequent stomach problems - frequent upset stomachs and cramps could be the symptom of colorectal cancer.
8. Unreasonable weight loss - if you are losing a lot of weight without even trying to, this could be an early sign of colon or any other digestive cancer. It could also mean that the cancer is spreading to the liver, if your appetite is getting affected.
9. Blood in stool - if there is blood in your stool, this could be a symptom of colorectal cancer and you need to go for a colonoscopy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
All of us have our 'good hours' and 'bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired. Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
What happens to married women if she is excited very much and didn't get sex? Is this called "tadap" Whether she looses control on her body? What are its side effects?
I am a 34 years old and it was 3rd pregnancy to me, but issue is when I take sonography test doctors said ga (lmp) 12 weeks 4 days. Gravid uterus shows single fetus. Fetal heart rate is 145 beats / min. Average fetal maturity is about 11 weeks 2 daya by crl about 4.73 cm. Fetal head is in persistently dorsiflexed position with short neck. Nt is 4.8 mm. Sluggish fetal movements seen. Please doctors just help me and there is any problem to child because of 4.8mm seen in just 11 weeks. Please help me?
I am 26 Age old recently am suffering for severe itch, daily at evening times it is very more. Used cetirizine tablets until I use this there is no itch, once I stop the it will get start again. Before itching got start I used Primolut N tablets to stop periods for 10 days because of marriage thinking might be this caused, kindly suggest.
The term ?vegetarian? has been around long enough that most people know what it means to be one, but ?vegan? is still somewhat of a new term for a lot of folks. So, what?s the biggest difference between the two? Well, vegetarians don?t eat animals and neither do vegans, but here?s where they differ. In addition to not eating animals, vegans do not consume dairy, eggs or anything else that comes from animals. Vegans also don?t purchase anything that was tested on animals or made from animals.
If veganism or vegetarianism is something you?ve been considering, then you might be torn between the two. Obviously, there isn?t one right way to eat, but it all depends on what you?re willing and not willing to give up. You?ll also need to weigh the pros and cons of both diets.
May boost your chances of living longer
May help you to lose weight
Lower risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and hypertension
Possible deficiency in essential vitamins and nutrients, such as vitamins D and B12, iron, calcium and zinc
Meal choices may seem limited at first
Difficulty dining out with family and friends who aren?t vegan or vegetarian
Requires a lot of discipline, which can also be a pro
?Some individuals may become vegetarian overnight, while others may gradually remove meat [from] their diet all at once, but either way has a great impact on your health,? explains Angela Ginn, a registered dietitian, nutritionist and spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in Baltimore, Maryland. ?When choosing to become a vegetarian, [you must first] decide what type works best for your lifestyle. There are 4 different types: Vegan, lacto vegetarian, lacto-ovo vegetarian and flexitarian. A lacto-ovo vegetarian diet excludes meat, poultry and fish but includes eggs and dairy products. Most vegetarians in the U.S. Fall into this category.?
A lacto vegetarian diet includes dairy products, such as milk, cheese and yogurt but excludes eggs, whereas a flexitarian diet is plant-based with the occasional consumption of meat and a great way to ease into the vegetarian lifestyle. Worried about not getting enough vitamins and nutrients?
?[A lot of the essential] nutrients can be found in food or fortified in vegetarian products,? Ginn says. ?The key to a healthy vegetarian lifestyle is to eat a wide variety of foods to include vegetables, fruit, leafy greens, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes.?
The bottom line: Despite the benefits, a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle isn?t for everybody so talk with your doctor to see if adopting a plant-based diet is right for you.
I am a 21 year old girl. I am sexually active and it has been 10 days since my periods should start but I have not seen any symptoms of periods. What should I do?
I feel a soft pain in my breasts before 10 or 7 days of my period since a couple of years. Is it normal?
I had a protected sex with my partner few days back. Her periods are due on 15-16th of this month. As of now she is suffering from high fever. Is this any symptom of pregnancy?
I have started eating dry nuts like dry dates, pista, badam, anjur since few days. My question is, what is the best time to eat and how much to consume?
I am 30 year old, mine is pre cycle but this month the is passing but not yet bleeded some water like is going, I am not having sex from 3 years is there any problem.
Sex drive is nothing, but the desire to have sexual interaction, but this desire might get badly affected by several reasons. Lower sex-drive can be found both in women and men, but the reasons might vary at times. In this case, sexual thoughts can be decreased as a result of which you will not get the energy and enthusiasm in getting physical with your partner.
Probable causes for a lower sex-drive
Excessive medications: If you are taking excessive drugs, then your sexual desire might get badly affected. There are many medicines that can invite libido loss as a result of which sexual desire gets decreased. Therefore, you should take only prescribed drugs , but with limited dosage only. Sometimes, excessive intake of antidepressants may cause the libido to decrease a lot.
Unhealthy lifestyle: If you are addicted to smoking or alcohol consumption, then you will face a completely unhealthy lifestyle, and this might lead to a decrease in the libido amount in both males and females.
Excessive stress: If your mind is filled with acute stress, depression and tension due to either personal or professional affairs, then you will never be able to concentrate on sexual arousal part and thus your sex life will get greatly hampered. This is the reason you have to regulate your mental stress so that you can get erotic thoughts in your mind.
Relationship troubles: If you have got relationship troubles due to misunderstandings, then you will never be able to enjoy your sex life peacefully. Sexual thoughts will not hit your mind and thus you will not get involved in any physical interaction with your partners. Therefore, you have to resolve all misunderstandings with your partner and then only you can get a successful love life.
Hormonal problems: Hormonal fluctuations often lead to decrease in libido and thus sexual desire gets badly affected. You can now get necessary treatments so that sexual hormones can be effectively balanced.
Age: With the increase in age, desire for lovemaking automatically gets decreased and this is quite common. Not only your energy levels will get decreased, but your testosterone levels will also get diminished and thus you will feel tired and will not be able to participate in sexual interaction.
Chronic medical conditions: If you have got any chronic diseases or health issues, then also your sex life will get interrupted and you will not have the desire to have sex. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I have irregular periods from menarche. Der is interval of 4 to 5 months in a cycle. My weight ws 60 kgs 2 years back but suddenly I gained weight. Now it is 85kgs constant from 2 yrs. Aftr exercise from 1 yr. I showed doctor c told I hv mild hirsutism n no features of acne. N prescribed deviry tablets fr 5 days. What should I do more. I gt tested regarding this.
I am age 23 suffering from pcod problem and irregular periods and so m becoming fat. Can you please suggest some solution.
An overloaded backpack or wearing one improperly can lead to a poor posture, stress on the soft tissue in the neck and the back, and unnecessary strain on muscles and joints.
Pregnancy is a welcome change in a woman's life. She is full of hope and happiness while awaiting the birth of her bundle of joy. However, it is almost inevitable to bring up the topic of conception and leave out a host of bodily alterations or disadvantages it entails. You might eagerly wait for months in a row to conceive and once you do the signs of health issues show. Most noticeable of all other problems are the ones affecting your skin. Skin problems can be immensely predominant and widespread in a pregnant mother; so much so that her psychological disposition might vary considerably.
Commonly observed symptoms of the skin that may affect you during pregnancy:
- Your eyes may look puffy and withdrawn: While the news of a baby lighting up your life in a few months' time makes you very happy, it also subjects your body to exhaustion. It is natural for expecting mothers to feel tired and wasted. Acute iron deficiency and poor blood circulation could result in fatigue that further surfaces as dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes.
- Your face could develop acne suddenly: Acne is caused mainly because of excess sebum secretions from the oil glands present in your body. Excess oil tends to choke the open pores of your skin preventing it from breathing. Increased levels of progesterone are maintained by the human body for a strong uterine lining that is again required for the healthy development of a child; progesterone kicks off oil secretions.
- Spider like marks could spot your skin: Hormonal imbalances, sudden increase in weight, and heightened pressure in the veins may cause the blood vessels in your face to redden and grow big; the veins then look like the web of a spider. This condition is often referred to as Spider Angiomas.
- Big dark patches can also be seen: During pregnancy, your body has an excess of both oestrogen and progesterone. These hormones incite the impact of melanocytes, thus resulting in big dark patches on your skin. The condition is more prevalently known as Melasma.