Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Juhi SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am trying to get pregnant but not happening we did thyroid checking and it found to be normal. Then did follicular study and it's found to be 19 mm ,24 mm and 24 mm on 10 ,12 and 14 th day respectively and on 14th day endometrial thickness is 8 mm. Semen analysis also showing normal result. And I took duphaston from 05.01 to 14 .01.17 and on 17.01 brown spotting as well as very light flow occurring .actually my regular period expected to be happening in tha same day itself. But actually 1st day itself I have good flow and continue up to 5th days. Then what is the reason for brown spotting. And I did unprotected sex from 28.12 to 4.01.
My wife is not getting pregnant. On 4 day of her period her AMH is 8.56,FSH is 8.8 and LS is 9.8 and TSH is below .1.how she can get pregnant. Her period is irregular.
Sir/Mam I want to know about Sujak rog. What's that? I want to know the reason precautions and treatment.
I am 26 years old but my breast size it not proper. When I attained puberty I founded a ball kind of thing in my right breast but with time it disappeared. But till now the size has not grown properly. Can you suggest me some remedy?
Is taking a periods delay medicine safe for delaying just for 2-3 days? After the periods she has to go for hymenoplasty. whether there will be any complications or not by taking period delay medicine?
PCOS is a condition which can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones and aspects of appearance. It can also affect long term health.
1. Irregular periods or no periods at all
2. Difficulty becoming pregnant (reduced fertility)
3. Having more facial or body hair than is usual for you (hirsutism)
4. Being overweight, rapid increase in weight, difficulty losing weight
5. Oily skin, acne
6. Depression and mood swings
The cause of PCOS is not yet known. PCOS sometimes runs in families. If any of your relatives (mother, sister or aunts) are affected with PCOS, your own risk of developing PCOS is increased. The symptoms of PCOS are related to abnormal hormone levels. Hormones are chemical messengers which control body functions. Insulin is a hormone which regulates the level of glucose (a type of sugar) in the blood.
If you have PCOS, your body may not respond to the hormone insulin (known as insulin resistance, so the level of glucose is higher). To prevent the glucose levels becoming higher, your body produces more insulin. High levels of insulin can lead to weight gain, irregular periods, infertility and higher levels of testosterone.
This disorder affects the function of the ovaries, which produce eggs and the hormones oestrogen and progesterone. As the ovaries aren't working properly, eggs may not be released in a regular monthly cycle.
If you are fasting this NAVRATRI, try these healthy & simple diet techniques to Lose Weight , Gain energy & Detoxify Your Body.
1. Sattvic Diet: Ayurveda focuses on Sattvic Diet, mainly comprising of fruits, milk & preparations made from vegetables. This will help in cleansing & detoxifying the body.
2. Take Healthy & Nutritious Food: Opt for fruits like bananas, apples, guavas, oranges this will help in keeping your energy levels high. Take low/no fat dairy products like paneer, milk, curd, lassi to fulfil your protein requirement. You can have nuts like almonds, walnuts, groundnut, anjeer as well.
3. Avoid these Foods: Avoid sabudana, chips, fried food, high salt content food items, too much of Tea or Coffee or sugary foods.
4. Maintain Fluid Levels: Drink lot of water, vegetable & fruits juices during these 9 days to replenish your body fluid levels.
5. Prevent Acidity: Take smaller & frequent meals to avoid acidity. This will provide you with required energy throughout the day.
6. Keep Energy Levels in Check: When you break your fast, take protein and whole carb-rich food like low/no fat dairy products, fruits & vegetables so that you will have ample energy to begin work the next day.
7. Don’t Overwork Yourself: Set a clear schedule for your work, and don’t let fatigue overcome you. Navratri fasts are supposed to help your body/body organ rest and detoxify, and burdening yourself too much will have a detrimental effect on your health over the 9 auspicious nights. Make sure that eating too little doesn’t affect your performance at work.
8. Avoid Stress: Stress can harm your health and weaken you further during the Navratri fast. Try not to stay hungry for hours together and drink lots of fluids to keep stress levels in check.
9. Take Proper Rest: Resting your body is very important during these 9 days, try some simple yoga/meditation techniques this will help in relaxing your body & mind.
CAUTION: Fasting is a technique to cleanse & detoxify your body, do not punish your body by starvation.
Wishing everyone HAPPY & HEALTHY NAVRATRI!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Does drinking coffee daily is good for health and weight loss? What is the right time to drink it? And which coffee should I take black coffee or milk coffee?
I am getting married this month. We would like to have children after 2 years. Can you suggest best method?
Can sperm live on the mouth ? If yes then for how much time? Can sperm live on skin even if there is no semen?
Finally! It’s Diwali, the festival of lights. The festivities have already started and you have let your guard down by happily munching on sweets and festive savouries. While your cravings are satisfied, it’s a different story for your body. Calories are getting piled up with almost little exercise, unhealthy habits are playing havoc with your metabolism (know more, which food Can Jumpstart Your Metabolism). You might just see yourself 3-5 kilos heavier post Diwali.
The usual source of high calorie food during Diwali are the sweets that you eat. Laden with sugar and ghee, they are a recipe for disaster. So the question here is, how do you control the craving and keep away from calories? Follow these tips and you shall thank us later:
- Drink up: No! Not the beer. It is very important that you drink at least 2-3 liters of water regularly. Dehydration can make you crave for sweets as the body may get confused between thirst and hunger. This also means that you need to avoid carbonated beverages such as sodas and other soft drinks.
- Load up on protein: Eat protein based foods such as chickpeas and cottage cheese to fill up your protein quotient. Protein keeps your metabolism elevated and also makes you feel fuller. Try this: eat a protein rich snack before you head out as it will help reduce your appetite thus, helping you to avoid binge eating.
- Choose sweets wisely: If you must eat sweets, then make sure you don’t overindulge. Stick to one or two sweets; also pick sweets that are less sugar laden. For example; choose the rasgulla instead of the gulab jamun and squeeze the rasgulla before eating it in order to avoid the sugary juice within it.
- Smile at the sight of nuts: Nuts such as cashews and almonds contain heart healthy fats that are good for you. Keep the portion size small as they are high calorie food, eat them regularly as they promote satiety; which means your chances of gorging on sweets considerably reduce.
- Never forget to exercise: If you did not pay much heed to what you had, make sure you burn those extra calories off. Go for a run, swim or even a game of football; anything that keeps your heart rate elevated to the fat burning zone for 30-40 minutes.
- Be aware of what you eat: Being aware of what you are eating is the most important tip that you can ever get. You need to be conscious about the type of food you eat and also how much of that you consume. Eating healthy does not mean you can eat too much, as they still contain calories.
- Eat Slowly: Eat your calorie (know more how to burn Calories) laden foods slowly then you might end up eating much lesser than otherwise. Also, slow eating include better digestion, better hydration, easier weight loss or maintenance, and greater satisfaction with our meals.
Hi i am 24 yrs female I went follicular study on day12 from my period started. There is egg in rt ovary got injuction on day 14 for egg release nd did intercorse in 13, 14 th days can I be pregnant
I am 23 year old girl and I am overweight, I am suffering from PCOD my Dr. Prescribed me to take 'ginette 35 tab. I had consumed 21 tabs as he told me to give a gap of 7 days then he sayed to consume it for another 21 days, now I have consumed 18 tabs and my period was started 17 november and its not stopping. I consult my Dr. And he told me to consume tab Pause. Instead of having the the tab PAUSE periods don't stops then he told me to take tab primolut-n. Now please tell me what is reason of the problem and please tell me what should I do?
I am 29 years my period is late by two days I don't want to get pregnant. Give me a tablet to get period or. Can I take abortion pill which is available in clinic please help me I ve 1 year baby.
Me periods are not coming from last 3 months before that 3 months it was not stopping so I consult a gynic she gave some medicine for a month one medicine (crisanta ls) for three months. When the course completed my periods stopped. Help me.
1) Drinking Hot Water- Water is the elixir of life. And drinking hot water, particularly in the morning and boost your body. Irregular schedules, living an unhealthy lifestyle and dealing with stresses in general can lead to accumulation of toxins and undigested food juices in the body. Ayurvedic treatment of drinking hot water in the morning can help in elimination of such toxins. Sip it in the morning. And if you want more benefits, go ahead and boil water for ten minutes, add couple of ginger slices to it and sip it about every half an hour throughout the day. Gives better health in general and provides dental benefits.
2) Saluting the Sun- Ayurveda and Yoga combine together to give you healthier body and calmer mind and soul. Staying flexible and moving your body can help in keeping stiffness and ailments away. Therefore, you should ideally perform 12 sets of sun salutations every day (1 set involves movements from each body side). Sun Salutation, with Ayurvedic treatments like drinking hot water can ensure that you are fitter and better.
3) Body Oiling- Massages are considered to be de-stressing. And they find their origination with the Ayurvedic Practice of Body Oiling. Of course, you can?t go and see a masseur every other day, but you can oil your body first thing in the morning before bathing or showering. This will help ensure that your pores open, your skin gets smoother and better.
So, practice these simple treatments to stay healthy!
If you have any further questions on Ayurveda, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.