Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayashree AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I have gone through laparoscopy for fibroids and endometriosis in dec 16, now I have got low AMH level. Please suggest if there is any treatment to improve reproductive health.
Here are some effective contraceptive methods
Hi! I am Dr. Renu Yadav, I am a practicing obstetrics and gynaecology in sector 40 at Angels Care Clinic. Family planning is the most important things which I think everyone should know and should be aware off. The various forms of family planning are Oral Contraceptive Pills, barrier contraceptives and multiloads. People have very uncommon notion about oral contraceptives pills that they cause weight gain, acne and menstrual irregularities as well.
Different people come with different type of complaints but oral contraceptives is the best modality as you as a person you are choosing it and its in your hand how and when you are taking the medicines and the control is completely in your hand when you want to get pregnant and when you do not want to get pregnant. It must for the ladies who are working in long shifts; maximum time is spent in offices, unmarried girls who are sexually active. Its the best modality to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Along with that the other different modality is barrier contraceptives, its more about male contraception, that we call it as barrier contraceptives, you know them by the name of condoms.
For women who have already had children’s, we suggest you give a gap of three to five years between the two births so the best modality comes as a Multiload. Multiload is a intra uterine copper device. Along with that there is a modified device also come in, which comes by the name of Mirena. So Multiload, if you get it inserted after your delivery, it can be inserted after six weeks after delivery and you can use it without any discomfort any pain any other complaint and It is totally safe for five years time and you would not get pregnant by anyhow. A routine checkup after the first visit when you got the Multiload inserted in you, a routine visit after your first menstrual cycle is a must. After that you can check the threat on your own and make sure that the device is working properly.
Along with that Mirena is an advanced kind of intra uterine devices, It’s a device which is inserted inside the uterus and it delivers a constant amount of progesterone in your body system. Mirena can also be used with patient having fibroids and having menstrual irregularities. It’s a very wonderful thing which has come in practice and it gives really good results, the patients have very satisfactory results in whatever problems they are associated with and especially with family planning.
If you want to know more about Mirena or any other family planning practices, you can contact me at lybrate.com with putting your questions and queries over there or you can come and personally visit me at my clinic at sector 40 and at Medi Urban clinic at Phase 4.
Hi, me n my hubby have a good cooperation in sex. But I have a problem that after every foreplay I pass the urine. And this is which I disturb my sex life with my hubby? What I should do to overcome from this.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.
I have 28 days menstrual cycle . I want to know that in which time I am safe for unprotected sex. Or what is my safety time.
I am having problem of pcod and I am now pregnant its the first month I used preganews to know it what care should I take.
I have levels with my girlfriend continuously for 3 days. She Didn't get period date with last month date respectively .so there will any problem?
My self usha rani I suffering form excess bleeding in mensuration time, actually I have mensuration in last 15february.
If someone have period on time but suddenly period came on the date only but not stopped properly drop drop coming. So is it due to any problem?
I am 21 years old I got married in 2013 I am not getting pregnant till now as now it's my 5th year of my marriage.
5 foods that fight water retention
Fluid or water retention is a health condition in which there is an excessive buildup of fluids in the body and as a result, the feet swell up the first. While there are medicines which help combat this situation, there also exist foods which act against this situation, hence, should be consumed regularly. Salt should be avoided if you are experiencing water retention.
1. Melons: fruits which have a high content of potassium are good for reducing water retention. It is a good idea to start the day with fruits like melons and citrus fruits.
2. Nuts: nuts have vitamin b6 which works against the bloated feeling one gets when there is water retention.
3. Water: odd it may sound but when your body is dehydrated and in needs water, you can face water retention. In such cases, drink ample water for the swelling to subside. Make sure you drink at least eight glasses of water and enough before going to sleep. If drinking plain water is a pain, then add slices of lemon, mint leaves and grated ginger in the water.
4. Salmon: it is one super food which is loaded with omega-3s that is good for our health and act against water retention. You can also have flax, herring, mackerel, and tuna.
5. Green leafy vegetables: blot fighting goods like watercress, celery, tomatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers should be included in daily diet. It is always a good idea to have a salad during meals.
In case water retention is of long duration, must consult a doctor to rule out any medical problem leading to excessive water retention.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
5yrs has completed to my marriage lyf.bt silll den i m nt getng pragnent.my reports r eports r normal bt my left tube hs petented.do plz telk me the reason ???, and for dis wt shud i di
When I kiss my gf something white like liquid come from her vagina. It is said that when it discharged in large amount she would never become pregnant is it true or not please advise me in full details.
I am 25 years old. Already I had missed abortion. Now I am pregnant for me now 9th week I went to scan today report says that I had monochorionic diaminotic twins it has been noted one fetus-a CRL measures 2.14cm to 8 weeks and 5 days. Heart beat activity 134bpm. Fetus-b CRL measures 1.97cm to 8 weeks 3 days heart beat activity 137bmp. Right ovary measures 3.5*2.8cm. Left ovaries measures 4.7*2cm both ovaries normal. Our family doctor said that is there is a more chance to abortion. This is true or not. We are under confusion pls say the remedies.
Delightful and healthy, almonds are not just a treat for the eyes; they proffer a host of advantages for our well-being as per a study conducted across the world. Ayurveda, the ancient branch of medicine in India also claims that almonds proffer a broad range of health benefits, especially when they are consumed after peeling off the skin.
What are the benefits of almonds?
Ayurveda recommends consumption of sweet almonds instead of bitter ones. The warm and sweet qualities of such almonds are preferred for its abilities to pacify the Vata doshas in the body. They help in lubricating the skin and the microcirculatory channels and offer support to all the seven vital tissues in the body. Almonds are highly beneficial for improving pitta, and an Ayurvedic practitioner will help in educating you about how you can metabolize them.
What is the best way to consume almonds?
- You should buy whole organic almonds which are filled with all the nutrients in their crudest form. The skin of almonds is difficult to digest, and therefore Ayurveda recommends soaking the almonds and peeling the skin to improve the digestibility of almonds.
- When you eat almonds without soaking and peeling off the skin, it will aggravate Pitta in the blood.
- The best way to prepare almonds is to soak them in lukewarm water all through the night and peel the skin off in the morning.
- You may also blend them with raisins and dates, but it is always advised to eat them whole as well.
- You can eat up to 10 almonds in a day, but you should refrain from eating them on their own on an empty stomach but take them with fruits or vegetables. This is because taking almonds on an empty stomach would aggravate pitta doshas and lead to unwanted consequences such as indigestion.
- Since they are so versatile, you are free to add them to puddings, bread and muffins and other foods and enjoy.
Why should you opt for soaked and peeled almonds in place of peeled ones?
Choosing between soaked almonds and raw ones is not just a matter of taste, but is a matter of opting a healthier option.
Now the question is why soaked, and peeled almonds are better?
- First of all, the brown peel of almonds contains tannin that can prevent absorption of nutrients. As you soak the almonds, the skin would come off easily and allow the nut to release its goodness effortlessly.
- The benefits of soaked almonds are endless; they help in digestion, improves heart health, aid in weight loss, and they are a major source of antioxidants. They can also assist in combating cancer, and the flavonoids in the almonds can prevent the growth of tumor in the body.
So, have a handful of peeled almonds regularly for good health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!