Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Jayant PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am married person and my testicle of one side is squeezed many years ago. We are trying for a baby but my wife could not conceived. Can testicles make problem for that?
Peyronie's disease is a problem predominantly found in 3-9% of adult men, especially after 40 years of age. In the disease, a scar tissue is formed in the outer layer of the penis called Tunica Albuginea. Scar tissue is a just plaque inside the penis.
Peyronie's disease causes the penis to bend sideways or upwards and can make sex become difficult due to deformity and erection may be a painful process. It is usually associated with erectile dysfunctions, severe anxiety and reduced testosterone levels. It is worth noting that there are treatments for Peyronie's disease, however, the pain often goes away on its own, generally, in 6-18 months of onset, but the deformity stays.
Here is everything you need to know about this disease:
It is not known exactly what causes Peyronie's disease, however, there are some factors, which make it more likely than others. Here are those factors:
- Trauma: This is the most common factor which causes Peyronie's disease. It is believed that when someone suffers from tiny bleeding of the penis, which is very common in patients of Diabetes, the plaque starts to build up. The injury or trauma, which causes the bleeding may go unnoticed as well.
- Genes: Genes are also a possible cause of Peyronie's disease.
The symptoms of Peyronie's disease vary, such as:
- Pain on Erection: There is usually pain in erection during the initial phase.
- Bent penis: When the penis becomes hard before sex, it may bend downwards or sideways by more than 15 degree, so the vaginal entry becomes impossible or is painful for the partner.
- Scars: Tissue may form on other parts of the body, as well including the hand and feet. In fact, it has been said that men who have scarring in the hand, which affect the fingers are more likely to contract the disease as well.
One may see extensive scarring in hands in a disease called Dupuytren's Contracture.
- Wait & Watch: It is worth noting the acute phase with pain is treated by wait and watch, controlling contributory factors like diabetes, low testosterone and psychogenic factors. Antioxidants are useful. Large number of cases are relieved of the pain in 1 to 1.5 years.
- Intralesional injection: If the bend is significant enough to interfere in sexual functioning, It can be treated by injecting medicines in the plaque. The medicine, Xiaflex is currently not available in India and other medicines given are not very effective.
- Surgery: This is a last option when Peyronie's disease has not gone on it's own and medicines are not helping either. The two most common procedures performed are removing the plaque and putting a tissue graft in its place and also removing the tissue opposite the plaque to counter the bending effect. The results are fairly good.
Going for a Penile implant is the last option, which is a permanent solution and is commonly done in India. And, the success rate for Penile implant is also very high.
Have itching and Ring worms in my inner part from last 3-4days. I want know that this allergy is transmitted and Who much time it will take to recover normally? Which cream is best?
I am 24 years old and I am suffering from night faults for last 2 years. In a week 3 or 4 days its happened. I have used so many ayurvedic medicine. Due to this I feel tired. So please suggest me some useful medicine to recover from this diseases.
My mother is 56 years of old have blood pressure 90-160. Some times she have sudden dizziness, lack of balance, nervousness and a headache also. What to do? please Give suggestion.
Hello sir, I am about to get married since I hv seen adds of radiance to get brighten skin in few months so can I use that ? I have leukoderma over my eye.
I am 23 years old. I am getting excessive and frequent urination. I took some medicines for it but they are not that much effective. What should I do now?
I have migraine from 3 years when it comes I cannot tolerate the brightness. And no any other symptoms. What's the permanent treatment for this?
Hi, I am 38 years old, My weight is 82 kg and working as computer operator. I am suffering with piles and free motion. Please advise medicines.
I am suffering from cold and cough for 1 week what are the remedies should be taken by me to recover my health.
I can't sleep very well. I have headache from many years. I did many medicines but it's helpless. Can you help me.
Sir when I used to go washroom yellow colour urine and some liquid type comes out due this my legs are paining teo. And hair fall too much what should I do sir. Reply me soon as possible.
Dhat syndrome is a common issue in the Indian subcontinent where males become anxious about semen loss. This disorder has been linked with the Hindu beliefs and mythology where semen is regarded as a vital fluid in the body. Thus, any semen loss by nocturnal emission or masturbation can subject the affected person to semen loss anxiety.
What are the common symptoms of Dhat syndrome?
The symptoms of this disorder are the lack of physical strength, poor concentration, forgetfulness, guilt, and (in some cases) sexual dysfunction, fatigue, and appetite loss. This disorder has been traced back to the ancient Hindu mythology, where it was said that semen loss could have a devastating effect on the human body.
Why is it common among Indian men?
Doctors have described this as a symptom where the person is influenced by the information he gathers from around his environment. Most people with this disorder belong to the lower socio-economic strata with conservative traditional attitudes towards sex. Results show that most of the patients with 'Dhat' Syndrome symptoms are also affected by somatoform disorder (mental illness that causes bodily pain), anxiety and depression which are all mind related disorders.
It is common in India due to the fact that there are a large number of people from the lower socio-economic strata who hold on to traditional beliefs about sex. The information they obtain about this disorder from their traditional sources creates anxiety in their mind. Moreover, the Indian culture comprises many widely spread myths and misconceptions which are conveyed over generations. This adds up with lack of awareness and limited communication among family members about the condition to generate anxiety about semen loss, a major symptom of the condition.
How to handle this issue?
In modern age and science, we do not consider it is any disease or issue, but still many Indian men continue to suffer from this so called Dhat syndrome and seek treatment as well medical advice. But the role of treating physician and sexual therapist is to reassure and counsel the patient, that no serious harm will happen from this trivial loss of semen during nocturnal emission or masturbation.