Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Jayant JaswalYour feedback matters!
There is a pain in my neck and I am not feeling sensation on my right side neck behind ear what is the cause and how to cure it.
I am suffering from sinus. I use to catch cold and sneeze profusely as soon as I encounter dust, cold water etc.
My throat is swollen up. My sister said it may be tonsils. Please tell me what is tonsils? What are the symptoms and causes of tonsils? Now how I prevent tonsils?
I have irritation in both the ears. It happens sometimes but it hurts a lot. Please tell me the solution of my problem I will be very thankful to you.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.