Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jasleen Kaur SoniYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to have implantation bleeding 14 days post ovulation? I am supposed to get my period Tom. Has a brownish dark red discharge today but no period. This has never happened before. normally period comes in its usual colour. Been trying to conceive for 5 months so could this possibly be implantation bleed or too late for that?
My wife had home pregnancy test. One dark line and second light pink. She has crossed her periods by 6 days. Wat to do. She has all the symptoms of pregnancy like stomach bloating, breast tenderness, back ache sometimes, lots of urination. She we wait more and take a test?
Anxious to conceive. I have taken all the medicines from 1 year. But still no result doctor said no problem from both of you but pregnancy is late why I don't know! Reply me please.
I am 28 years old female n I was reading about pregnancy symptoms n I can relate to most of them although m not sure because it's been 10 days only I guess. I want to ask that I have too much itching in my private area from 1 month, I think it's infection. Is there any problem, will it affect pregnancy? Also can I take folic acid tablets, I have 1 mg (morning and bed time)
I am having facial hair issues. Not a lot of hair but 8-9 coarse hair on my chin. I have my thyroid levels normal (i got it tested after the problem occured). And no other menstrual irregularities. What could be the possible reason? are there any possibilities of having pcos even with normal menstual cycle? I want to undergo laser hair removal for that. What are the chances of its regrowth? and basically am a very hairy person. Thank you in advance:-)
Great sex tips
1. Talk about sex. As time passes in a relationship, it's easy to get into a rut and just go through the motions, rather than express what you really want (and need) in bed. Sex therapist Williams Lucena, fmd, says it's time to break this cycle with some frank talk. 'ask each other, 'what do I need in bed from you?'' he suggests. 'get back to the communication you used to have.'
2. Eat healthy. This doesn't sound like a sex tip, but treating your body right with good nutrition helps the whole body, including your libido, says Debbie Mandel, a stress management expert and author of addicted to stress. 'eat healthy foods to reduce cholesterol and keep your cardiovascular system humming,' she adds. 'this will ensure that circulation is at peak performance for the 'southern hemisphere.'
Hi Experts, Need your help. In early pregnancy stage if anybody vomits more and more then is it mandatory to take medicine or it is normal thing in this stage. And if we have pain when vomits can we take dolo tablet? Please share your suggestions on the same. Thanks in advance,
I am in my eighteenth week of pregnancy can I go for abortion at this stage what is the best method and what can be the side effects I can't handle another child n going through a very bad phase of life.
I have my baby girl last month but after still my stomach paining and headache can you suggest me for good ans and my weight is growing up too I really care my health thanks.
Ideally, surgical incisions are primarily designed to allow easy access to the desired areas in addition to possibilities of extension, if required. Further, they should be designed to split muscles rather than cut them, with minimal scarring along with the aim of boosting regenerative and healing qualities.
Incisions can be classified under these three groups; Vertical, Transverse and Oblique incisions.
- Vertical incision
1. Midline incision: Almost all abdominal incisions can be performed using this technique. Starting from the midline of the abdomen, it can extend all the way down to the umbilicus.
a) Minimal blood loss
b) Minimal nerve injury
c) Minimal muscle injury
a) Midline scar
2. Paramedian incision: This technique provides more laterality to midline incisions, allowing access to such lateral organs such as spleen, kidney and adrenals.
a) Easy access to lateral structures
b) Closure between incisions in anterior and posterior sheath is more secure
c) Rectus muscle remains undivided
a) More time consuming
b) Difficulty in extension
c) Can result in atrophy of the muscle
3. Mayo-Robson incision: This incision is typically a paramedian incision, but which bend towards the xiphoid process and consequently allows for a larger and wider opening.
- Transverse incision
1. Transverse incision: This type of incision is made just above the umbilicus, and can dissect either one of the rectal muscles.
a) Least amount of pain and damage
b) Muscular segments can be reattached
c) Easier access to upper GI structures
a) Limited lateral access
b) Higher risk of wound infections
2. Subcostal incision: Also referred to as the Kocher subcostal incision, this type of incision starts from the midline and runs parallel to the costal margin. A double Kocher incision is known as a rooftop of Chevron incision and allows for access to the esophagus, kidney, stomach and liver. The Mercedes incision is yet another variant, characterized by a vertical incision from the rooftop incision to form the shape of a Mercedes sign.
a) Heals faster
b) Less risk of post-operative complications
a) Lengthy and time-consuming
- Oblique incisions
They are also known as Thoracoabdominal incisions, these incisions may either be situated in the RUQ or LUQ. They provide entry to the liver, lungs and spleen, as well as to the stomach and esophagus.
- Laparoscopic incision
This technique comprises of tiny cuts in the skin that allow laparoscopic tools and instrument access into the abdominal cavity
Related Tip: "Caring For Your Incision After Surgery?"
My pregnancy result is positive. But I have white discharge and constipation. Is that normal or white discharge a sign to periods arrival?
I have done sex with a women without protection an she is married twice so I was her third or fourth unprotected sex she told to do without protection will I get aids she has done an operation of getting no childrens.
I m 36 yrs old married lady wanting to plan for a baby early next year. Some one suggested to go for rubella vaccination before getting pregnant. Wanted to know about it.
A healthful diet should contain and should emphasize the following:
1. You should eat about 2 cups of fruit and 2.5 cups of vegetables per day. Try to pick from the different subgroups of vegetables, including dark green vegetables, orange vegetables, legumes and starchy vegetables.
2. You should get 3 or more ounce-equivalents of whole grain products per day, with the rest of your carbohydrates coming from either enriched or whole grain products.
3. You should have 3 cups per day of fat-free or low-fat milk or equivalent milk products.
4. To round out your diet, you should get protein from lean meats as well as eggs, nuts and legumes.