Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JangidYour feedback matters!
How to remove black spots on my face and how to get my face glow and I want to get rid of my oily face.
On my face there are lots of mark so can you please give some medicine and advice to cleat the all marks on the face and I want a clean face please give some advice.
My son is 4 years 7 months old. 20 kgs in weight, health and active. From past 3-4 days he has started getting hair fall. When he gets up in the morning, there are lot of hair in the pillow. Is it a temporary phase or should I consult a child specialist. Thanks
Melasma is a skin condition that is characterized by the formation of discolored patches on the skin. This condition is primarily observed in women. It usually occurs on the nose, cheeks and the forehead. Other parts of the body that might be continuously exposed to the sun for extended periods of time are also vulnerable to this disorder.
Melasma exhibits symptoms of discolored patches on the skin. The patches are symmetrical, mostly forming on the face. Brownish patches tend to develop on the chin, nose, cheeks and the forehead. The discoloration of the skin does not cause any bodily harm but may be a cause of embarrassment in public.
The exact cause of Melasma is not known. People with a darker skin tone are especially susceptible to this disorder. Sensitivity to ‘progesterone’ and ‘estrogen’ are also possible causes. In a nutshell, certain factors such as pregnancy, intake of birth control pills and having undergone hormone therapy can increase the risks of this disorder. Excessive exposure to the harmful UVA and the UVB rays of the sun may also trigger this condition as these ultraviolet rays affect the skin cells that regulate pigmentation.
In some cases, treatment is not required as the symptoms tend to clear up on their own. This usually happens if Melasma is triggered by intake of birth control pills or pregnancy. Certain skin lightening creams may also be used to treat the discoloration. Derma procedures such as dermabrasion and chemical peel may also be used to treat this condition.
In addition to the treatment options, there are also certain preventive measures that one can adopt:
Wear a sunscreen, with SPF count of minimum 30 before stepping out in the sun.
Take your medications regularly.
- Wear full sleeved clothes to prevent your skin from coming in direct contact with the sun.
How can Parry romberg syndrome of face can be treated or it's progression can be stopped from affecting the left side of the face.
I belong from Kolkata. I am in Delhi since 1st July. Since then I have been suffering from hair loss while bathing. It seems the water here is not good and people say it contains chlorine. I never had this problem in my hometown. What should I do?
I have a severe issue of body smell, I have seen several dermatologists for this. Since, I had a problem of fungal infection. But I think I changed my station all of a sudden. Like from kerala I went to nagaland and there onwards I am facing the issue of body smell, people who are away from have a problem to breath, they cough, sneeze and make different gestures. Is it due to hormone imbalance. Can you suggest some medicines for this.
Hello, I am a teenager of 18 years old. Beard doesn't grow on my cheeks where as it grows on chin. And even have a mustache. I want to grow beard on my cheek. Tell me the remedy. Thank-you in Advance.
I am 17 years old, I have dry and patchy skin the area around my lips is dark and I have uneven skin tone, my skin color has also turned a bit dark. What should I do?
I have back color and wrinkles under eye and I have hairs on my face so I need to no how to remove that from my face and how to make go from eye dark.
Normally you shed 50 to 100 hair stands all day but hair grows back all the time to cover for this loss. If you shed more than this then it may be a cause for worry. Hair fall can occur because of many factors and shampoo is one of them. Here's how:
- Ammonium chloride: Many shampoos that do not contain sodium chloride usually use surfactants like ammonium chloride. This can also have a similar effect as its sodium chloride counterpart, as it leads to various symptoms like itching and dryness in the scalp.
- Formaldehyde: This substance has disinfectant-like qualities which can cause a lot of damage to the dna. Excessive and constant use can lead to indiscriminate hair loss due to the harsh properties of this substance. It is generally a low-cost option that can be used as a preservative in shampoos and conditioners.
- Sulfate: Sodium lauryl sulfate or sls, and ammonium lauryl sulfate or als, are surfactants that are usually used by shampoo manufacturers to create extra foam which makes for a luxurious, yet harmful wash. This is usually the case with cheap shampoos. These substances are irritants that can cause hair loss in patches.
- Sodium chloride: Your standard table salt is also one of the culprits that can lead to a lot of hair loss. Many popular shampoos and conditioners contain this substance which can make the scalp itchy and dry. This leads to hair fall.
- Polyethylene glycol: This substance is used as a thickening agent that can take the moisture away from the hair and lead to severe hair loss. The use of alcohol and greasers in shampoos can also have a similar effect on the hair.
Whats the season of hair fall ? I am 26 year old. But suffering from hair lose. I also concern an ENT specialist bifo about. To know about this problem. He suggested me to have less oil food and gave me some oil to apply on damaged hair. But still i am not succeed to control my hair loss.
Lybrate | Dr. Rajesh Jain speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Sir, I have Extremely dry face skin cause itching, with black patches, while rubbing skin it cause peeling of skin resulting black patches moisten skin when rub with cotton cloth dirt obtain on face.
Mera beta 1 year ka hai. Uski neck par elergy si ho gayi hai. Doc ko dikhaya tha unhone kaha garmi ke daane hai. Ek powder bhi diya. Usse pehle th araam hua lekin dubara yahi problem ho gayi hai. What should I do.
I'm 29 years old male and I've problem of hyperpigmentation or Melasma on my cheeks and nose appear for last 1 year. I was used so many skin lite cremes like hydroquinone, Mometasone, Tretinoin and Himalaya Blemish and kojic Acid shop but not getting desire results and also increase red level of the skin. So please provide some advice and treatment of this disease. Please please.
Hiee. I am 25 years old and from past 12 days I am suffering from extreme hair fall. In past I never faced this type of problem.
Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid junk food: It’s high time you stop eating processed foods and the ones covered in grease. Junk foods which are rich in oil and sugar can make your skin oily and cause acne. Instead, replace them with seeds and nuts.
- Exercise: The benefits of exercise are not limited to fat loss; it is beneficial for the skin too. Exercises such as running boosts blood circulation in the skin and the sweat helps in draining out various waste products from the body.
- Diet: Your diet should consist of fiber rich foods, which improve your digestion. Many problems of the skin are linked to a bad digestive system. Cut out simple carbohydrates and include complex carbohydrates such as brown rice.
- Follow a skin care regimen: You should follow a proper skin care regimen to maintain your skin. Wash your skin with a mild cleansing agent every day and moisturize it. Apply sunscreen while going out to prevent sunburns.
- Drink lots of water: Drink lots of water every day. Water helps in cleansing the body by removing the waste products from the body. Abstain from alcohol because it only adds calories and damages the liver. Aim for at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun: While sun exposure allows the skin to produce vitamin D, but too much of that can lead to sunburns. It increases the risk of certain skin cancers as well. Make sure to apply sunscreen and wear full sleeved clothes before going outdoors.
- Exfoliate regularly: Make sure you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to clean your skin and get rid of the impurities. Don’t scrub your regularly as it may damage the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.