Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Janak SharmaYour feedback matters!
What should I do to ensure regular periods.? I am generally not regular but sometimes I get a bit tensed if it one day late.
Respected Dr, we have 5 months' baby boy ,,,my wife has problem of low breastfeeding, she's providing powder prescribed as Child specialist,then shall we start boiled milk of cow...for his feeding?
I am a 23 year old male. I had unprotected sex with my gf on 28th of May, 2016. Though I didn't enter her fully, my penis did touch her vagina walls. Around 2 weeks later, she had her periods. But since two days, She complained of some dizziness and weakness. On 25th of June, 2016 she did a pregnancy test and it showed 2 lines on the T part of the test kit. Can she be pregnant? Please advice.
With viral fever on the rise it is advisable to prevent yourself against dengue and chikungunya. Dengue is caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. It is an acute illness of sudden onset that usually symptoms such as headache, fever, exhaustion, severe muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache is particularly characteristic of dengue.
Most common symptoms of dengue are:
Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nosebleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising)
How to diagnose and prevent against dengue?
Diagnosing dengue fever: Blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it .IgG AND IgM for Dengue Fever.
Prevention against dengue fever:
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes. If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
Role of Ayurveda in treating dengue:
Ayurveda believes in treating a person as a whole, it means that it focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. Ayurvedic remedies are selected after a full individual examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient physical & mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology etc. An Ayurvedic practitioner tries to treat more than just the symptoms present. The focus is not on curing the disease, but to cure the person who is sick; to restore for health. If a disease pathology is not very advanced homeopathic remedies to give a hope for cure; even in incurable case the quality of life can be greatly improved with Ayurvedic remedies.
Swollen breast tissues in men or boys caused by hormonal (testosterone and estrogen) imbalances is called gynecomastia. Both breasts or one breast, can be affected by gynecomastia. At any point in life, from birth to puberty, even in adulthood, you might develop gynecomastia. Most of the times, gynecomastia is caused by hormonal imbalances, but there might be some underlying causes as well.
Gynecomastia is normally not a serious condition, but it can be difficult to deal with the pain and embarrassment.
It can be cured with surgery or medication, if it doesn't go away on its own.
Symptoms and signs of gynecomastia include:
- Enlarged glands in the breast tissue
- Tenderness in the breast
The causes that trigger gynecomastia include:
- Hormonal changes: Testosterone and estrogen control the sexual development in men and women respectively. Estrogen is not a hormone that only women produce; men produce it too. When the production of testosterone and estrogen are thrown out of balance, gynecomastia occurs.
- Medication: Certain medications such as anabolic steroids, androgens, HIV/AIDS medicines, antibiotics and chemotherapy can cause gynecomastia.
- Drugs and alcohol: Substances such as alcohol, marijuana, amphetamines, heroin and methadone cause gynecomastia.
- Health condition: Certain factors, such as aging, hypogonadism (hormonal disorder), hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland), tumors, kidney failure, cirrhosis, liver failure, malnutrition and starvation can lead to gynecomastia.
- Herbal products: Essential oils derived from plants such as lavender or tea tree, used in lotions or shampoos, have weak estrogenic actives. They have been said to cause gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia can be cured either with medication or surgery. Surgical options for gynecomastia are, however, limited.
The two surgical options for gynecomastia include:
- Liposuction: Liposuction only removes the fat from the breast, not the breast gland tissue. It has fewer complications, there is limited or zero blood loss and there is less distortion of the nipple.
- Mastectomy: Mastectomy removes the gland tissues in the breast. The surgery uses minimal incisions to remove the gland tissue. Also, it involves less time to recover. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Satvik Food- The food items which increases the energy, purifies the mind, freshens the mind, produces cheerfulness, provides serenity and mental clarity and becomes the breeding place of positive thoughts. Love, Peace, Compassion of mind are the end products of satvik foods. Sattvic food is highly conducive to good health
Rajasik Food- The food items which create aggression, competition, action, sensuality, sexuality, greed, jealousy, anger, delusion, fantasies, egotism and irreligious feelings.
Tamsik Food- The foods which brings about stagnation leading to degeneration of people’s health are Tamsik foods. The increase dark and negative thoughts, confusion, delirium, and sluggishnesss of mind. Lack of concentration, memory loss, decreased grasping power is most commonly found in people prone to eating tamsik foods.
After DandC for how many days we are supposed to not participate sex. Please explain. As we are much interested in having a baby immediately as soon as possible.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks.
I have taken mifepristone and misoprostol twice orally. 2 days I get very low bleeding. after 2 days i get bleeding like usual periods. When can i have pregnancy test?
Vitamin D is crucial for you because it is crucial for regulating the immune system as well as making sure that phosphorous and calcium get absorbed into the bloodstream. However, Vitamin D is crucial for a number of other reasons as well. Here they are:
- Multiple sclerosis: Vitamin D is crucial in lessening your chances of getting multiple sclerosis.
- Heart disease: It has also recently been agreed upon that Vitamin D reduces your chances of getting heart disease.
- Flu: The flu is yet another disease, which may not occur if you have an adequate amount of Vitamin D in your diet.
- Depression: Vitamin D also plays a crucial role in a person's mood. The more Vitamin D there is in your body and diet, the more stable your mood is. The risks of depression are also reduced when your body and diet has an adequate amount of Vitamin D.
- Weight loss: As mentioned earlier, Vitamin D has a number of benefits among which preventing heart disease is included. However, it is worth note that weight loss is also made easier with the more vitamin D you have. This is because Vitamin D has an appetite suppressing effect. However, it should be kept in mind that Vitamin D has to be taken alongside a lot of calcium for these appetite suppressing effects to occur.
- Cancer: Vitamin D is imperative for regulating cell growth. It is also crucial for cell-to-cell communication. 200 genes in the human body are affected adversely when there is an inadequate amount of Vitamin D in your body.
- Diabetes: In a recent study, it has been concluded that infants who received an adequate amount of vitamin D had their chances of suffering from Type 1 reduced by almost 88 percent by the time they turn 30.
- Rickets: The softening of the bones is termed as rickets. Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of Vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften.
Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften. The softening of the bones is termed as rickets.
These are some of many other conditions associated with a Vitamin D deficiency.
Related Tip: "Are Vitamins Vital?"
In my career of clinical practice spanning three decades I have seen best results emerging out of'parpati treatment' administered to patients suffering from so called incurable diseases in modern drug practice. However, prolonged procedural use and food protocol has to be strictly followed in order to get best of ayurvedic wisdom. Often slow pace of treatment has a repulsive attitude in patients not to opt for such treatment.
In my opinion, slow treatment without side effects, is far better than taking toxic drugs which give instant relief but on the other hand is sure not to cure the disease even when used for prolonged times.
It is a disease in which the small intestine is hypersensitive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food.
Irritable bowel syndrome:
A widespread condition involving recurrent abdominal pain and diarrhoea or constipation, often associated with stress, depression, anxiety, or previous intestinal infection.
A chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae.
Parpati has an important place in rasakalpas. Parpati is the form which is obtained in flakes, gets disintegrated in the body at the level of grahani. Hence it is specifically being used in grahani related disorders and is effective in correcting appetite. This dosage form is specially designed to show its action directly in the grahani region i. E. In the duodenum region. During the process of making parpati kalpa the ingredients are subjected to heat and melted. This molten mixture is further allowed to cool by pressing it between two banana leaves over two cowdung cakes.
The process is such that the agni gets locked into the parpati kalpa making it to act best in disorders related to agnimandya. The dosage form is such that it does not act in the stomach but instead starts its action in grahani i. E. Duodenum. Panchamruta parpati contains parad and gandhak while shweta parpati is devoid of both parad and gandhak. The shodhan of the ingredients and the amount of heat to which the mixture is subjected is meticulously monitored to maintain the standard and consistency in the quality of the product.
But please take these medicines under supervision of a qualified vaidya i. E. Aurveda doctor.
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am newly married (6 months) after I participated in sex from my wife side little quantity of sperm leaked my question is it any reason for delay of conceive and from my end after sex little quantity of water coming these both reasons will causes for delay of conceive.
My wife is pregnant and 11 weeks old. Since she is bleeding lightly, we have consulted local doctor. She did ultra sound scan and told that there is a heart beat of baby and gave injection and 2 sets of tablets to stop bleeding. Now bleeding seems in control, but not stopped fully. I have scan reports and prescription. If you want I will send. What would be the reason?
I have severe pain in stomach during my periods. I cant bear that much of pain. So what should I do to avoid that pain. Also the bleeding during the first day is very severe. My age is 22 and my periods are regular avoiding some exceptional months. What should I eat or what health measures should I follow to cure this problem. My hb level is 11.2 gm/ml.
The lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood is termed as Anemia. You may also be diagnosed as anemic is your red blood cells do not have a high enough hemoglobin count. Since hemoglobin is responsible for the amount of oxygen in our blood, being anemic results in a decreased flow of oxygen in the blood.
There are 5 different types of anemia. These are:
- Iron deficiency anemia: When the iron levels of the blood are lower than normal.
- Sickle cell anemia: When the red blood cells are shaped like a 'sickle' and hence more fragile. This is an inherited condition.
- Thalassemia: When the body does not produce enough red blood cells or hemoglobin. This is also an inherited condition.
- Megaloblastic anemia: When the blood does not have enough vitamin B12 and hence cannot transport hemoglobin through the body.
- Hemolytic anemia: When the red blood cells are rapidly removed from the blood due to an infection, medication or disease.
Lack of oxygen can have a serious effect on the organs of the body. Hence the symptoms of anemia are also the effects of the disease.
Some of these are:
- Lack of energy
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Reduced attention span
- Numbness of the hands and feet.
Anemia can also lead to a number of major health problems such as:
- Heart disease: Anemia is directly linked to heart disease. When the blood carries less oxygen, the heart needs to work harder to pump it to the rest of the body. Thus, people who are anemic are at a higher risk of having a heart attack than a non anemic person. Anemia can also lead to arrhythmia or a condition where the person suffers from an irregular heartbeat.
- Pregnancy complications: One of the first and most vital supplements prescribed to a pregnant woman is iron. Iron is essential not only for a healthy baby, but also for your own body. Anemia caused by a lack of iron can result in premature birth and a number of other complications at the time of pregnancy.
- Increased risk of infections: Lack of oxygen in the blood can affect your immune system by lowering its ability to fight infections. This makes the body vulnerable to diseases.
- Cognitive damage: Anemia in children can result in a greatly reduced attention span and weaken their memory. Sometimes, even when treated, this can result in permanent scarring and reduced IQ levels.
Fighting anemia is not hard. Consult your doctor instantly if you recognize any of its symptoms and start eating food rich in iron to fight this disease.