Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi I had undergone c section 6 months back before pregnancy I was 58 kg but now I'm 68 kg can you suggest me some tips to reduce my weight. I have excess weight on my tummy? please help me. And now i am having very bad leg pain to when I stretch leg?
It is a common condition, and causes discomfort in post-pubertal and adult women, whether sexually active or not.
Though the condition will affect around one third of women during their lifetimes, there are steps you can take to prevent having an itchy, fishy smelling vagina.
Prevent vaginal infections:
- wipe from front to back after a bowel movement. Pat yourself dry after passing urine. Use unscented, uncoloured, double-layered toilet paper.
- wash your genital area once a day with plain water or use a mild, unperfumed soap to wash the genital area. Rinse well with a hand-held shower head and dry the area thoroughly with a soft towel or a cool air hairdryer before getting dressed. Don? t use bubble baths, vaginal deodorants or talc, or douches.
- use sanitary towels, rather than tampons, or change tampons every 4 hours. Do not forget to remove tampons.
- eat a well-balanced diet, which includes dahi, curd, yoghurt. Follow a healthy lifestyle, since a healthy person fights infection more effectively.
- when taking antibiotics, take probiotics, such as yakult, or increase your intake of live yoghurt.
- if you are overweight, get into shape, as being overweight might cause repeated yeast infections.
- wear cotton underwear. Cotton absorbs moisture. Yeast thrives in a warm, damp atmosphere. Let your body breathe. Avoid tight-fitting jeans, lycra shorts and tights. Wear loose clothing and sleep without any undergarments at night.
- do not use any chemicals, such as douches, spermicides
Hi, I am 34 yrs old and underwent Lapro hysterectomy in Aug 2015. Gynae noticed endometriosis and I was also diagnosed with Tb. Gynae put me on AKT 4 for 2 months and now I am on AKT2 for 4 months. Please let me know when to take AKT2 tablet, wat time of the day and before or after meals?
I am planning to conceive,but my mensulation is regular but for last june 2014 its e regular from in few month 10 to 15 days in the month of june and dec but in the month of jan i did not get mensulalation till 1st of march the last mensuration last starting date is 9th dec. So,i want to knew why its delay and also i not get positive result.
I am 35 years unmarried. Since two months i am not getting periods i am very much worried about that. Please suggest me what to do.
Periods are getting delayed every month. It comes irregularly and untimely. Gets delayed upto 1/2 months to 2. What to do? What can be the reason behind it? 4 months back it was regular and was always on time.
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time for prayer and reflection
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2012.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day —- and while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do; keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously; no one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right things.
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Forgiveness heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, don’t take it for granted – embrace life.
39. Your inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not least:
40. Enjoy LIFE!
Hi doctor. I am 19 years old female. My periods have always been normal until I missed in the month of April. My last period was on 11 march 2016. I had a lot of exam stress so I attributed it to the same. However I did an ultrasound which did not show any abnormality in my ovaries whatsoever. Then on 4 june 2016 I took tab estrogen and progesterone and got my period on 10 june 2016. I again missed my cycle in july and went for a hormonal profile which showed that my LH waz 26.47 and FsH 7.07 and PRl 28.09. My endocrinologist said you have PCOS although I do not have any other symptom other than a bit of weight gain. He started me on metformin 500 mg and gave diving 10 for 7 days to induce periods which I did not get even after waiting for 15 days. So today I went to an ob/gyn and he said to increase metformin to 1 g and take krimson 35 for a month or two and check. I am really worried. Is this a very big issue? Will it affect my fertility in any way? Web makes PCOS look like something very evil. Please help. Also If I missed my period then in which phase am i? As in FP or what? The report shows my lh is 26.47 and fsh 7.07 and prl 28. During fp there has to be this lh surge right? So how much lh is needed for ovulation. Please explain me this with reference to normal ranges. Ill be highly obliged doctors if you help me with this and explain all the questions. Thank you.
My girl have an pregnancy test nd its is negative but still his periods has not occur almost 7 days late so can uh help me.
My mother is 51 years old, and over the past one year, she has been having cough problems. This seems to happen every two days (sometimes before food, sometimes after). On some of these occasions it is just cough, but on others it leads her to throw up (not necessarily food, sometimes only phlegm). One of the previous doctors she had consulted, recommended she take an endoscopy of esophagus, but she is not comfortable with that. Do these symptoms have anything to do with menopause? is there an alternative to endoscopy? if endoscopy is a must, can it be done with anesthesia? kindly advice. Someone I know from work has consulted with you for their mother who had similar symptoms, hence seeking your guidance.
Browsing on the phone before you sleep can potentially cause serious damage to your health. According to studies the side effects can be far reaching and detrimental for your overall health. It can disrupt your sleep and contributes to several complications like heart diseases, obesity, etc.
Following are the bad effects of browsing on the phone before bed:
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night affects your sleeping pattern and deprives your body from the rest it requires. Loss and lack of sleep significantly contributes to various health problems like poor sleep, depression, stroke, cardiovascular problems, obesity etc.
- Staring at a bright screen for a long time before sleeping can slow down the activity of neurons that make you sleepy, thereby, keeping you in a state of wakefulness. Staring at artificial lights suppresses melatonin, the sleep hormone, which affects the sleep wake cycle of your body.
- Browsing on the phone before sleep also takes a toll on your eyes. It can cause serious damage to your eyes if you make a habit out of it. You can see visible signs if you wake up with dark circles in the morning and feel tired and lousy. Looking at brightly lit screen for a long time especially in the dark puts a lot of strain in your eyes and also affects mental health.
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night will make it difficult for you to wake up on time. The light on your cell phone affects your sleep, which can even trigger insomnia. Lack of sleep affects your alertness and concentration level and makes you feel drowsy and exhausted.
Related Tip: "Get better sleep"
Meri shadi ko 14 Saal ho gye hai first time aisa hua ki meri Ms. Ko inter course karte samay jalan hui lekin thodi der mai thik bhi ho gyi, kya vajeh ho sakti hai.
If you are experiencing lower back pain during pregnancy, you should know that it is a common complaint. The lower back pain may occur because of several factors associated with pregnancy. You gain weight, your center of gravity shifts and your hormones relax the ligaments present in your pelvic joints. There are several ways by which you can reduce your lower back pain during pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Practice good posture: As the baby grows inside you, your center of gravity changes in a forward direction. You may feel like falling forward and may lean back for prevention. This strains the lower back muscles and causes back pain during pregnancy. You need to maintain a good posture. Always stand tall and straight, hold your chest up high, and keep your shoulders backwards and relaxed. You should not lock your knees.
- Get proper gear: Get adequate gear for dealing with lower back pain during pregnancy. You must wear low heeled shoes having good arch support. Avoid wearing flat heeled shoes and high heels, which will shift your balance more forward, thereby increasing the chances of falling. You can also opt for a maternity support belt. This additional support might be helpful for you.
- Lift properly: While you are lifting an object, you should squat down, lifting your legs and arms. Do not bend at your waist and lift with your back. Know your limits before lifting anything.
- Sleep on your side: Sleep on your sides keeping your knees bent, instead of your back during pregnancy. You may also use support pillows between your knees, under your abdomen and at your back.
- Hot and cold massage: Although this method is not effective for long term relief, massaging your lower back with a hot pad followed by an ice pack may be effective for temporary pain relief.
- Engage in regular physical activity: Regular physical activity helps you in keeping your back strong and also relieves pain during pregnancy. You should opt for mild exercises such as walking and water exercises. You should consult a physical therapist for showing you effective stretches and aerobic exercises which are beneficial.
You can try stretching your lower back, resting your hands and knees and keeping your head in line with your back. Pull your stomach in, rounding your back a bit, and hold the position for some seconds. Several other complementary therapies are also effective in curing lower back pain during pregnancy.
Had sex 2 months ago got period last month and did not have sex after that. This month 10 days left, period not come will I be pregnant?
Homeopathic medicine is the field of science that involves the production of medicine using natural herbs and other substances. In this, the extracts are obtained from different sources and mixed together in right dosages. These dosages are prescribed by homeopathic doctors since they are able to understand how each extract serves a different purpose, and that they would be effective in their action only if they are combined in the correct proportion. An increase or decrease in the level used can render a homeopathic medicine ineffective or make it harmful for the body. Along with the medicines, doctors also usually suggest some dietary precautions that need to be followed. And here is a list of some food items that the doctors advise their patients to stop taking while undergoing homeopathic treatment.
Food items to avoid
It is said that each food item has a power and effectiveness level of its own and needs to be taken in certain quantities so that you can enjoy its full benefits. This is also one of the major reasons why people who are taking homeopathic medicines are advised to avoid a few food items that might be a regular part of their diet, in order to make sure that that particular food does not interfere with the action of the medicines. This is true in cases where, some foods with strong odour or taste can hinder the medicine's action by overpowering its effectiveness.
So here is what you should avoid:
- Drinking alcohol, chewing tobacco and smoking must not be continued when you are taking homeopathic medicines.
- Most doctors advise the patients not to take coffee, garlic and mint leaves, since these have strong odours and tastes. But coffee at times may not be restricted, since in few medicines, coffee beans are used for grinding the crude extract.
- Non vegetarian foods might have to be avoided during the time period of medication if so advised.
- Sour foods like sour fruits or sour curd must be avoided in case you are taking medicines for skin disorders.
- Spicy and oily foods and other foods that give out a pungent smell must be avoided if medicines are being taken for gastric problems.
- Artificially treated foods and foods made with preservatives need to be avoided, if the person has to take the medicines for kidney problems like kidney stones and renal failure.
- Patients who are taking medicine for diabetes must avoid drinking aerated drinks.
Generally, people are told to take their meals at the right time and no irregularity must set in when it comes to this.