Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J P SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 70 kgs 28 years old. I have thyroid problem and using medicine. I want to reduce my weight upto 20 kgs. What can I do? Any food chart please . Even I am feeding my 11 months baby .
My son has lactose intolerance so we give him nusobee he is 3 years 3 months from past six months he get fever with in 40 days some time with in 15 days very often early he was diagnosed with urine infection but we given him medicine so I agai checked his urine routine and culture which was negative and ultra sound also done which was ok .i also give him medicine medicine for urine infection urine for 3 months so that he should not have this infection again .i give him tonoferon for iron I got tested his thelsymia when he was born because iron was very less report was negative. So please tell me reason why he get fever so often otherwise he is very active he plays runs in fever also .i just give ibugesic plus and antibiotic and he will be fine fever stays for 3 days only. So should I ger his blood test done and if yes which test I should do .
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
This is regarding our baby. It has been 2.5 months but our baby is not feeding from his mother. He cries like anything when she tries to feed her. Everybody says that it is something between the mother.
My baby is one and half month old she had a vaccine today she is crying badly pls tell me any way and medicine for relief.
Are you the one who lives on burgers or packaged foods? well, then it's time for you to check your diet. These delicious food items that you die for contain excess carbohydrates and unhealthy fats that are extremely dangerous for your health. Most of these food items contain excess of carbs, fats, added sugars and salt. These items do not have sufficient nutritional values. They only offer you high calories that are harmful for the body and its various organs. Researchers have found that when most of these food items were given to lab animals, they yielded dangerous results, offering negative nutritional value to them. Prolonged exposure to these food items can affect the health of the heart, gastrointestinal organs and lead to obesity.
According to the robert wood johnson foundation, it has been found that most people underestimate the number of calories intake at a fast-food selling outlet. A 2013 study published in jama pediatrics reveals that individuals consume more calories in restaurants than at their respective home. This trend is quite dangerous. It is responsible for the occurrence of a number of diseases.
Here's why you should avoid fast foods:
Save your digestive and cardiovascular systems: fast foods are packed with unhealthy amounts of carbohydrates and fats. When these are consumed, our digestive system breaks down these carbs into sugar or glucose. The glucose is then released into the blood. As the blood is loaded with sugar, pancreas releases insulin hormone into the body. Insulin regulates the transportation of the sugar to cells. As the sugar reaches various cells, pancreas releases another hormone-glucagon. It commands the liver to make use of the sugar. Now, when excess sugar is produced in the body due to intake of fast foods, the balance between insulin and glucagon is hampered and the level of sugar in bloodstream changes. Consequently, you develop type 2 diabetes.
Check your weight and heart: the added sugars and unsaturated fats in the fast foods lead to obesity. You consume more calories and as a result of which your body weight increases. This is quite dangerous for your health. Under such circumstances, you tend to develop chronic heart diseases due to the increasing levels of cholesterol in your body.
Your kidney is at risk: fast foods often contain excess salt. The intake of fast foods changes the level of sodium in the body. Sodium is responsible for maintaining the fluid content in the body. Increasing fluid levels due to intake of excess sodium in the form of salt exerts pressure on the heart muscle and causes high blood pressure. Besides, excess sodium also damages the kidney.
Protect your respiratory system:
According to a study in journal thorax, children who eat excess fast food are at increased risk of developing asthma and rhinitis. In fact, increased body weight puts extra pressure on your respiratory organs and causes difficulty in breathing.
Affects central nervous system: intake of junk food affects the brain synapses and the molecules that are related to the process of memory and learning in both children and adults.
My elder son. 5 years old. While sleeping he is snoring. He is snoring for 2 years. What is the reason and how to stop it.
My daughter is 2 and half year old, she eat very less her weight is only 11 kg, what can we do so that she eat something. She not even takes medicine if we try to give medicine she do the vomiting.
what is minimum sugar level in new born baby? Is it possible that a new born baby has a low sugar level (in between 30 to45)?
Hello! Doc. S Group And Good morning everyone. I'm 20yrs. Old and I have a baby also 0.5years old and I'm also feeding to her so in this situation Dronis 20mg is suitable for me or not and how should I use it./Doges for me. And My period starts from 6 per month.
My infant is of 4 months and I feel that he feel's pain while peeing. Sometimes in sleep he shivers and stop peeing or he cries alot before and while peeing. Please prescribed me beast for my infant .
My 2 & 1/2 month girl baby having motion problem. Every two to three days after only motion has come. What should I do?
My son is now 6 and half months old. He can not hold his head for long time. He can able to turn to his back but not able to crawl. Is it normal.
Asking your doctor if an antibiotic medicine can be taken is advisable as it can help in reducing the infection and swelling. It can also be taken after the treatment for faster healing.