Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.K SainiYour feedback matters!
Hello My 4 month old baby boy is breastfeed and bottle fed too. He is putting on good weight. Bt he passes green color stool. Do I need to worry?
I am a parent of 2 years baby boy when he was 45 days I accidentally pulled my baby penis while diapering from then I am fearing about his sexual life please help me.
My daughter is 7 year old. She is weight is only 15 kg and hemoglobin parentage is 8 and she is not interested to eat foot like roti, sabji, milk, etc except pizza, chaumin, potato, dal and sometime she eat good smelling things like shops, rubber, wax color, incense sticks so please help me for this case.
Hi doctor, I have 3 year old son. I am giving him vitamin d syrup (1ml/day, uprise d3, 400iu/per day) supplement since 6 months. There is no sun light exposure for him as you know in apartment culture getting sunlight is very difficult. Will it have any side effect? Thanks.
Dear sir I am 16 year old boy but my height and weight is not increasing suggest me a suitable thing.
My 14 month baby suffering from diarrhea since yesterday with blood. He is given ofloxacin antibiotic. His stool contain White thread like worm. Deworming not done yet. Is it safe to give him NOWORM SYRUP now or some days later.
My daughter she is of 1 year 2 months old and we are going to hoshiarpur punjab in marriage at december end so what precaution should be taken as it would be very cold.
My son is 2 and half month old he is crying more and more what may be the reason? What are the injections/vaccination to do? Please help me.
Here are Symptoms of ADHD and how to handle the Children suffering with ADHD.
My six month old baby passes greenish watery stool 2 to 3 times a day but some times he passes normal stool. It is happening for the last 15 days. What should I do now? Please help.
My son is 18 months old and he has frequent urination problem. 1) cultural urine test done, and no bacteria found 2) does not drink much water but urinate more in quantity.
Hi, I have a newborn baby boy who is 18 days old. My wife is not breast feeding him, she says that the child remains hungry with her provided feed. Hence, she has been feeding him with some powder milk product. The kid takes the preparation and vomits it for once or twice a day and on his tongue white residues remain. Please advice me what is to be done and how can I clean the residue on the tongue and prevent the vomiting, do I have any other substitutes. Rest there are no issues. Thanks Pawan Soni.
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.