Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. IshwarYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old female. My question is I have one small size lump which is hard in my right breast but it's there from one year now and have not gone or increased. I have not consult any doctor because I have not deal with any other symptoms of breast cancer yet. The lump is not painful and I don't have any effects from that lump since I dis covered it. I regularly have my period cycles. Pls help me if it's breast cancer or not?
Sir, now my age is 24 years but I look like as 35 years and above, now my face will be worst. How can change myself? please help me.
Sir, mam I have hot lots of pimples on my face which may be termed as acne, I hav tried almost everything but still not able to get rid of it. My skin is oily n I keep washing my fave with cold water.
Hi, I have some infection at private part and on neck. I am not sure whether it scabies or other infection. Pls suggest.
I have a pigmented area on upper lip its gets darkened when I consume septran medicine or too many medicines. This is from 5-6years I dont know what is it? Pls help.
19 year old female with a swelling in the anal region (external hemorrhoid suspected) and bleeding while defecation. please suggest a treatment.
Am 21 years old female. Past 2 weeks I can feel a external painful swelling near my anus point. Its really paining while sitting and its really hard to touch and see it. What would be it. please do help me.
Just now I have come to bbsr, and I am suffering from skin problems. I don't know what is happening. My face is day to day dull and showing small types of marks.
I fight with one boy and he hit very big nail on my face that why r is some spot on my face I AFRAID they would never go from my face what should I do Any kind of medicine or any tube that help to remove this bad spot from my face what should I do.
Hi I am 24 years old and my hands are tanned. Its darker than my skin tone. Please suggest a remedy to lighten it to match it to my skin tone?
Name me some names of Vitamin C tablet which I can get easily in medical stores so that I can use for fair skin.
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.