Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. IrfanYour feedback matters!
I have a problem with my leg bones. When I am running, my legs are suffering from too much pain and also I feel pain inmy bones of legs. So what I have to do sir. Please answer me nand give me solution for this problem.
I am suffering with back pain from 2 months I used so many back pain creams, sprays but I didn't got positive result. What to do? And how it will be cured?
I am 22 year bold boy some times I have back pain I use so many pain killer and also use moov I like to go martial arts so how can relief my pain for going martial arts?
I am 46 years old female with sitting job 7-8 hours. I feel pain near tail notch on sitting. Ceel no pain while standing. I also feel pain while compressing my muscles. What can be the probable problem. Mri shows lumbarisation in s1 l1.
My mother is 58 years old and she is suffering from leg pain from past 5 years. She is been using prescription but there is no relief. Kindly provide medication for it.
Hi I am suffering from back pain due to long sitting in the office what should I do to cure from this pain.
Sir. I fallen down 35 days ago and injured in back side near lumber vertebra reason. I feel pain only when I go to sleeping position. Or lifting heavy wgt. Or when I tried to standing from sitting position. But I do not feel pain during running, bike driving, walking. Today my doctor saw my x-ray. There was no any bone and lumber spine injury. He prescribed me some medicine. I want to know the actual cause of this pain that I feel only in some specific angle of moving. But not feel in rest position.
I am 22 years old. I have a unique type of problem, my back neck seems to be tight whenever I lift it up. Suppose I am laying on my back and lifting my head up, I feel like a weight is attached to my head which is opposing it. Please help me.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.