Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Iqbal
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. IqbalYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old I have a question can I know what is cauliflower growth in GE Junction is it very serious matter. Is there any medicine. My father is facing a problem while eating. The food cannot be swallowed he vomit immediately as the food reaches to the throat please help me doctor. Is there any medicine by which he can swallow the food properly.
Hi, I am Dr Kritika. I am a dietitian and a specialist in weight management. Today I am going to tell you about weight loss through healthy lifestyle and diet. First of all set a goal for yourself, Set small goals initially.
- Throw away all the junk food and adopt healthy eating habits.
- Eat nuts, fresh fruits and snacks.
- Detox your body early morning by having lemon water and honey or aloevera juice.
- Have a breakfast and do not skip meals. Have 5-6 small meals in a day instead of 3 big ones.
- Eat smaller food portions by eating in a small plate.
Thus will create illusion that you are eating less calories.
- Eat in blue plates as our brain feels less hungry seeing blue color hence you won't end up eating much.
- Also eat slowly and take atleast 20 minutes to eat food as our brain gets a signal of complete meal in this much time and hence we end up eating less.
- Take 2-3 fruits and 3 vegetable servings during the day.
- Take plenty of water upto 4 liters in a day because it helps in detoxification.
- Always have a glass of water when you feel hungry because sometimes you feel hungry but you actually are just thirsty. So half an hour before your meal have a glass of water and fresh salad.
Contact me on lybrate for further queries.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you should consult a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.