Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Intzar AhmedYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My son is 2 years old(premature baby;birth weight-2.3kgs; at present:10.3kgs;he is tall and lean boy) he is a fussy eater, There is no change in his eating habits since a long time. i joined him in play school still there is no much improvement in his food habits. he shows no interest in picking food(unless he fasts for the whole day)..he consumes very little amount(even if he is hungry), In morning he doesn't like to eat food at all, He will eat his snack rarely at school. tired giving him different,attractive plate but he disappoints me every time. kindly suggest me how to improve my kids appetite ?
Is it fine to introduce liquid diet to 3 months baby as breastfeeding is insufficient for my baby's need?
My son is in grade 12. As crucial time has begun we told him not to go for full day outings with his friends and focus on his studies. As he has not been scoring well. As a revolt he has stopped studying whatever little bit he used to do. We sat and spoke to him .Told him this is the time to focus on studies and if he has to meet his friends then an hour or so is still okay. We told him the importance of grade 12 result. And that there is no retake we even suggested going out with us for dinner once a week if he requires a change .Have even tried keeping his phone aside during studies. And giving it to hil later. Switching off the internet when we sleep. Counseling etc but all in vain. Pls advise what to do .how to handle this situation.
Pain is feeling by passing urine in 11 year male children, docter told that the hole of urinary track is small so he need surgery, some other docter told that no need surgery, the problem can be solved by taking antibiotics we have confusion to come correct decision.
My 3 years old daughter generally complaints pain down the knee in middle area of leg in bones. She is not much vocal but sometimes cries with pain during night. We also observed sometime she does not seems comfortable in walk. However from the starting we give her V D3 drops, calcium tab, milk and eggs which she likes most. What should we do doctor please guide.
My son is 1 year old. He has cough problem. He regularly vomits after food feeding. Always Sticky cough comes out thru omit. Sometime has running nose problem can I try for Homeopathic medicines for this?
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.