Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Intzar Ahmed
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Intzar AhmedYour feedback matters!
My son whose age is 9 years. He is 26 kg in weight. I think he is under weight. He is quite fit. Please give me advice to increase his weight to look smart.
My Son is 17 Months old. I am a working mom. My son was on breast feed till 2 days back. Off late my son has stopped eating breakfast because he sucks milk whole night. From few days he eats only 2 mouths of food in the afternoon and nights. We tried everything, changing the taste, texture, type of food. My sister suggested me to apply female No bite and to stop breast feed so that he will start eating food. I did the same. My son literally cried for 2 nights and yesterday he was quite okay. But still his food intake is the same. I am emotionally feeling very bad. Whenever I lie down he kisses me for milk. He hugs me, looks at me in a sad way. Some of my office peers suggested me to feed him milk for 2 years. My question is what if he still doesn't eat food. At-least before I was relieved he was getting my milk. Pleas suggest me what should I do. Can I continue feeding him for another 6 months. My mom told by now my milk would have become sour. Is it true.
Sir, my daughter is 10 years old, and all of a sudden her height stopped growing. Now she is 3 feet 11 inches. And she is studying in class 5th. You are requested to please guide us, or if you can give us any medicine for her height to grow. Thanks.
It’s not always easy to encourage your children to eat a balanced diet.
Eating breakfast, even if it’s just a banana and a glass of milk, kick-starts the body and makes it easier to maintain lasting energy throughout the day.
It’s easy to reach for chips or biscuits when you and your children feel like nibbling on something, but these snacks tend to be low in nutrients and high in calories.
Make water the drink of choice at meal times, and keep juice and sweet drinks as occasional treats.
You decide which foods to buy and when to serve them. Though kids will pester their parents for less nutritious foods, adults should be in charge when deciding which foods are regularly stocked in the house. Kids won’t go hungry.
While juice has valuable nutrients and gives a concentrated energy boost for active, growing bodies, kids should go for water first when they are thirsty, not sugar-sweetened drinks.
Kids should start eating Better not everything they get.
Start the day with a healthy breakfast.
Let kids help plan one meal each week and eat together as often as possible.
Eat more vegetables and fresh fruits.
Eat more whole grains (e.g., oats, brown rice, rye, crackers, whole-wheat pasta).
Drink plenty of fluids.
Serve a variety of foods.
Be a role model and eat healthy yourself.
When trying to teach good eating habits, try to set the best example possible.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter in 14 July 2016 and now she ear Piercing (kaan chedana) I just wanna to ask is she need tetanus injection.
My baby is 6 weeks. She does not look at me. But she looks n follows his dad. I feel like emptynes. Is the reason being I lack something .or being c section I was the last to hold her? Does any other pschyology behind.
My son is 9 years old who is always tearing something with his fingers. Tearing the papers. Let me know the reason. Please let me know the normal height and weight for a boy of 9 years old.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.