Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indu TondonYour feedback matters!
If a women get pregnant she does not have periods till the tym of delivery this is cent percent true or certain chance is also there.
What is cat scratch disease?
Cat scratches and bites can cause cat scratch disease, a bacterial infection carried in cat saliva. Research suggests a cat may get these bacteria from fleas. The bacteria are passed from an infected cat to a human after the cat licks an open wound or bites or scratches human skin hard enough to break the surface of the skin. Kittens younger than one year of age are more likely to scratch, increasing the likelihood of infection.
What causes cat scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease is caused by a bacterium carried in the cat saliva. The bacteria are passed from an infected cat to a human after the cat licks an open wound or bites or scratches human skin hard enough to break the surface of the skin.
Who is at risk for cat scratch disease?
Factors that can increase your risk for getting cat scratch disease include:
- Being around cats on a routine basis, especially kittens that are more playful and apt to accidentally scratch you
- Not cleaning scratches or bites from a cat as soon as you get them
- Allowing a cat to lick any open wounds that you have
- Being around a flea infestation
What are the symptoms of cat scratch disease?
These are the most common symptoms of cat scratch disease:
- A cat bite or scratch that becomes reddened or swollen within a few days and does not heal or worsens over time
- Painful or swollen glands, especially under the arms (if scratched on the arm or hand), or in the groin (if scratched on the foot or leg)
- Flu-like symptoms including headache, decreased appetite, fatigue, joint pain, or fever
- Body rash
The symptoms of cat scratch disease may look like other conditions or medical problems. Always see your healthcare provider for a diagnosis.
How is cat scratch disease diagnosed?
Diagnosis is based on a complete history, including a history of being scratched by a cat or kitten, a physical exam, and sometimes blood tests.
How is cat scratch disease treated?
Your healthcare provider will figure out the best treatment based on:
- How old you are
- Your overall health and medical history
- How sick you are
- How well you can handle specific medicines, procedures, or therapies
- How long the condition is expected to last
- Your opinion or preference
Treatment may include:
- Antibiotics (to treat the infection)
- Caring for the symptoms that result from the infection. In most cases, no antibiotics are needed, and the infection will clear on its own.
What are the complications of cat scratch fever?
Most healthy people don’t have complications from cat scratch fever. However, people whose immune systems are weak (such as those who have HIV/AIDS, are receiving chemotherapy, or have diabetes) can have complications such as:
- Bacillary angiomatosis. A skin disorder characterized by red, elevated lesions surrounded by a scaly ring. This condition may become a more widespread disorder that involves internal organs.
- Parinaud's oculoglandular syndrome. A condition that involves a red, irritated and painful eye similar to conjunctivitis (pink eye), fever, and swollen lymph nodes in front of the ear on the same side
Can cat scratch disease be prevented?
Avoid being scratched or bitten by cats or kittens. If scratched or bitten, wash the area right away with soap and water. Do not allow cats to lick wounds you may have.
When should I call my healthcare provider?
If a cat scratch or bite becomes red or swollen and you develop flu-like symptoms, including headache, decreased appetite, fatigue, joint pain, or fever, contact your healthcare provider.
Key points about cat scratch fever
Cat scratch disease is an infection caused by a bacterium in cat saliva.
- The disease causes redness and swelling at the site of a cat scratch or bite, and flu-like symptoms.
- If you are scratched or bitten by a cat or kitten, it is important to promptly wash the area with soap and water.
- Cat scratch disease can be treated by antibiotics.
Apple cider vinegar is the sort of a super food which takes care of multiple health problems for us. The most fabulous news probably is, that it helps in weight loss too. The ideal way to consume acv is by mixing a teaspoon in a cup of water and drinking before meals. Here are a few ways by which you can lose weight with apple cider vinegar:
The organic acids and enzymes in apple cider vinegar help speed metabolism which in turn helps burn fat at a much faster rate.
Apple cider vinegar is also said to help detox our bodies by absorbing the toxins and causing the bowel movement to improve.
It also helps stop those sugar cravings we have in between meals, in turn stopping us from overeating or eating in between the meals.
Apple cider vinegar also helps in making one feel full, thus suppressing one's appetite.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
She is 28 years old. She used to have stomach pain. After scan, doctor has told that she has a rasoli in her uterus of 77 mm. She had to operate. I want to know is operation is the only way to survive. Secondly because she is unmarried. Could she b able to give birth to a baby after marriage. Is there any risk of her life. I am very much worried. Please guide me.
Hey is it OK if a girl has 3 mensuration periods in one month if no Then what are the remedies for it?
I'm suffering from pcos (polysistic ovaries) from past 6 yrs I took treatment from a gynecologist but didn't find any change in my periods Wat further steps shud I take?
Infertility is a condition, which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right time. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life, such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right time.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
3. Hysteroscopic surgery: This is a last resort, which is taken only when there are significant problems such as intrauterine scar tissue, uterine septum or endometrial polyps.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.