Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indu Sahay
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indu SahayYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of GERD.in my case few days I will have acidic reflux in the morning and few days I do not have. How to get rid of this?
I have fungal infection since 1 weeks. Im of 17. So can you tell caan I eat non veg or drink hookah in infection.
The female body undergoes several changes during the different phases of menopause. Although these changes are both mental and physical, these are mostly caused because of fluctuation in the levels of the two hormones- progesterone and estrogen.
Menopause sets in after 40 years of age, and marks the end of one’s menstrual cycle.
During menopause, the ovaries stop producing eggs (ova) due to low production of the hormones progesterone and estrogen. These hormonal changes often result in- mood swings, hot flashes, pounding heart, insomnia, changes in urinary and sexual functions etc.
Common Menopausal Disorders-
Menopausal disorders refer to the problems related to menopause. The most common ones are-
- Cardiovascular disease- hormonal changes, especially due to low estrogen level, can increase the cholesterol level and blood pressure, which eventually leads to heart ailments.
- Osteoporosis- low levels of estrogen hormone and irregular menstruation can lead to loss of bone mass or low bone density. This eventually results in the development of osteoporosis.
- Vulvovaginal atrophy- occurs when the vaginal wall becomes thin due to decrease in the level of estrogen.
- Dyspareunia- refers to severe, recurring pain within the pelvis or in the genital region during sexual intercourse.
- Urinary incontinence- during menopause, the vaginal tissues and the urethra begin losing their elasticity. This may result in sudden, frequent urges to urinate.
Ayurvedic Approach to Menopausal Disorders-
Ayurveda sees menopause as a natural effect of ageing process, and not as a disease. As per Ayurveda, good health rests on the perfect balance of the three doshas- kapha, pitta, and vata. Imbalance of any of these doshas can upset the natural state of your mind and disrupt your body’s harmony.
- Ayurveda links menopause and disorders related to it with ageing, which is dominated by the vata dosha. Treatment for this condition involves strengthening the overall reproductive system, and improving the hormonal balance.
- Ayurvedic medicines prepared from herbs, and various therapies using essential oils are prescribed to regulate your hormones, improve digestion and calm your state of mind.
- General tonics are recommended to boost the immune system, and rejuvenate your body.
- Herbs like Aswagandha, Guduchi, Punarnava and Black Cohosh are effective in treating Menopausal symptoms.
- Ayurvedic Therapies like Takradhara ( Cooling buttermilk Therapy) is effective in hot flushes, sudden sweating, insomnia, anexiety and mood swings.
Ayurveda also focuses on healthy diet and lifestyle changes such as- restraining from spicy foods, alcohol and caffeine, eating regular meals, practicing yoga and meditation etc.