Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indu KhuranaYour feedback matters!
Hi,, meri shadi ko 1.5 year ho gye h and i am not conceive . We are not take any precautions. please give me salutations what can I do.
I am 34 years old lady married for 10years ago since I dont have any baby as I am suffering from high thyroid and m taking medicine for that thyronorm 50mg. Is it possible to get pregnant?
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
My wife is 8th month pregnant. She also eat calcium, folic acid, vitamin, iron tablets. So she can eat mother horlicks? Because mother horlicks have same contain.
I am 26 years old n m 21 weeks pregnant does test for babies brain development test tat is done in 16th to 18th can b correctly done 20th week.
Acid, gas, chest pain, ghabrahat.body pain, bahut jaldi thac jaati hu or heartbeat bad jaati h.saans bhi fulti h.sugar hai. Brest feed bhi karati hu. 1 saal ki baby h.
Evry day I face the same problem of huge pain in an us while pooping. Wht are the remiss I would lyk to knw. And I also have irregular periods. please suggest me accordingly.
Hello Sir, My name is rinkal and I am a breastfeeding mother of 1.3 years baby. I am suffering from headache since December 2015. And I am having a problem of depression after my father's death I July 2015. I became angry and nervous which cause my hands and lips shiver. Due to this I became week also. I have loose too much weight and forgotten to smile, and to talk to others.
I have missed my period. Last menstrual period date is 16 june 2015. Home pregnancy tests were negative thrice. What can I do get my periods?
Every one says first intercourse is painful for both. Is it really painful. If yes then how we can reduce the pain. Is there any treatment for that.Please tell.
Hi doctor. I am 22 years old. My question is this that near my vaginal thighs there are rashes and cause a lot of itching and I have tried v wash, dry and clean powder. And fungus removing powder but there is no relief. Please help me suggest me what should I do and some medicines and cream so that I can get relief. Please help me.
Moreover till your baby is totally dependent on breast milk, there is minimal chance to conceive again.