Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I've been trying to get pregnant but things are not working out. I'm unable to quit smoking. What are the best ways to boost them?
Dr i wanna ask which days would be safe to ve intrcourse after menstrual cycle? apart from condom (which my husband is not comfortable with) which other alternative would be save and wont affect my health? if we dont wanna concieve now . My age 28. What all options do i ve? kindly do let me know.
Hi I am 9 days late for my period. I did a pregnancy test and it was negative. But because I am already late my stomach is all swelled up. Any medicine that I should take?
I am 24 years old female I did sex with my bf on jan 22nd 2016 then on 26th jan I got my periods and then again on march 5th, april 7th, may 5th, june 7th, august 5th, september 5th and october 10th but the periods was only for two days and third day slight on the above dates mentioned and even my one side breast is secreting white liquid when I press. Is there any chance of pregnancy.
I am 29 years old. Pregnant with twins. Had pcod and took tablets for ovulation. Now 8 weeks pregnant. I do not want to continue with twins. What is the future complications if I terminate this pregnancy.
Hi last month on 12 th Nov .within 24 hrs of sex. I had taken I pill. My period should come on 5 th December. I am having slight bleeding from 4th December. I am not getting what it is? Please help.
I am getting marriage at my first night is it necessary that I have to wear a condom or I go for direct because I heard that without a condom it may cause STD due that I am afraid so please suggest.
My periods date was 28th of April and still periods doesn't happen. I had sex on 15th of April. Is there any condition of pregnancy. If there then me how to get rid of it.
I am 24years married I am taking unwanted pregnant I want to remove please sugest me just 10 day pregnant.
I am nw 4 th mnth pregnant, Hw to stay fit during pregnancy, Hw much tym I hav to walk to avoid over weight during pregnancy.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
I am 33 weeks pregnant. All reports normal. During ultrasound check up. I came to know that Unlimbical cord found around neck of baby. One loop was there. How can get rid of this. Is there any solution, exercise to prevent this.
I am 25 years old. Already I had missed abortion. During the abortion the doctor did not do the DMC she just take the baby in her hand itself. She said that baby as not grown. Now I am pregnant for me now 9th week I went to scan today report says that I had monochorionic diaminotic twins it has been noted one fetus-a CRL measures 2.14cm to 8 weeks and 5 days. Heart beat activity 134bpm. Fetus-b CRL measures 1.97cm to 8 weeks 3 days heart beat activity 137bmp. Right ovary measures 3.5*2.8cm. Left ovaries measures 4.7*2cm both ovaries normal. Our family doctor said that is there is a more chance to abortion. This is true or not. We are under confusion pls say the remedies.
I am 20 years old Gender: female suffer with hormones imbalance nd pcod issues, because of these issues presently I have pimples nd small types of pimples nd also sides ways of lips are getting dark patches. please give me a solution I get laser treatment for those uneven dark patches? Thanking u.
Most of us live with excruciating amount of stress. Rising competition, the rat race, our loans, insurances, health, family, social life and work, everything these days is simply adds on to our levels of stress.
It’s the stress that reminds us of deadlines, prompts us to work better. But the most common type of stress, or distress can have negative effects on our body. Apart from general physical health, it can hurt our bones as well.
1. Excess Stress and Our Bones: Excess stress releases chemicals into bloodstream, particularly the hormone cortisol. Now, this is the hormone that gives our brain and body a temporary boost. But having this hormone for a long term can result in real damage to our bone density. Meanwhile, it can even elevate our blood pressure, result in glucose problems and digestive issues with cardiovascular symptoms.
2. Reduced Bone Density: Reduced bone density, due to stress has several negative effects. For instance, it can increase sugar cravings and lead to obesity. It can also lead to osteoporosis and a number of recurrent fractures.
3. Cortisol Catch: Remember how researchers and doctors informed people that phosphoric acid in cola acts as a corrosive agent? Well that’s what cortisol does in long term. This can even result in other problems, such as exhaustion.
So, how should you deal with it?
Chronic stress can be dealt by understanding what the cause of stress is. Once you have the cause, follow simple relaxation tips, such as,
- Meditate for a few minutes, breathe deeply, exercise and tune into your body. Even ten-fifteen minutes of this is enough.
- Crank up the tunes, listen to a few songs, laugh or loud watching shows or simply go out with your friends.
- Eat well balanced meal, avoid alcohol and recreational drugs, be positive and seek out social support if needed.
- And if the stress still haunts you, consult a counsellor or a doctor for support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
1. Root vegetables
Local produce can be hard to find when cold weather inhibits crop growth. But root vegetables like beets, carrots and turnips can withstand the cold, so local farmers can provide fresh produce and you can reap the benefits. Roast carrots for a boost of beta-carotene, or boil turnips for vitamins c and a.
Oatmeal is much more than just a convenient breakfast food; it also provides nutrients that are essential during winter. Oatmeal is high in zinc (important for proper immune function) and soluble fiber (associated with heart health). Although instant oatmeal is more convenient, it is a bit more expensive. To eat healthy on a budget, go with old-fashioned oats.
Soup is winter's perfect food as long as you hold the cream, salt and beef. Look for soup recipes that call for chicken broth, vegetable broth or water as the base and include a lot of vegetables. Pair your soup with a side of 100 percent whole grain crackers for a dose of grains. Don't have any recipes handy? try cleveland clinic's tasty and healthy collard and lentil soup.
For a suprising alternative to typical comfort foods often loaded with fat and sugar try sushi. Choose rolls lined with tuna or salmon. Both are good sources of vitamin d. During the winter months, when you have limited exposure to the sun, food sources of the bone-healthy vitamin become even more essential. Vitamin d deficiency is associated with impaired growth, weakening of the bones and even the risk of heart disease.
Aside from getting the flu shot and washing your hands regularly, these cruciferous vegetables may be your top defense against winter sickness. Broccoli and cauliflower are both high in vitamin c, which is associated with enhanced immune function. If you can't find fresh versions, don't fret frozen broccoli and cauliflower are just as nutritious.