Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Pregnancy is a time when you have to be at your vigilant best even as you go about your normal life. If you happen to be a smoker and enjoy a drink once in a while, then it may be time to change these habits. Ideally, one should let go of these habits as soon as the couple starts trying for a baby, as how you treat your body in the preconception stage will have a great bearing on how your body adjusts to pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth. Let us find out the dangers of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. (Learn more about healthy pregnancy)
- Alcohol and Your Baby: While you may be thinking that a drink or two of wine in a week may not do any harm to your foetus, this is actually a misnomer. One should steer clear of even a sip as the alcohol usually ends up passing through you placenta and right into your growing foetus.
- Alcohol Break Down: When the alcohol gets passed through your system and into the baby, there is a definite health hazard to the foetus. This is due to the fact that the body tends to break down alcohol in a much slower manner, than it would break down any other food or beverage. And the risk is that much more heightened in case of the growing foetus, because the tiny bodies are not equipped to handle the breaking down process properly. This may lead to a rise of the blood alcohol level of the foetus, keeping it at that level even after the mother's blood alcohol level has been restored to normal.
- Retardation and Other Related Ailments: When the blood alcohol level of the baby remains high, it can lead to a variety of problems that can go from mild to severe. Retardation, heart ailments and more can be born from this issue. Also, this can lead to deformed facial features as well as behavioural problems like aggression.
- Smoking and Low Birth Weight: When you smoke during your pregnancy, it doubles your risk of birthing a baby whose weight is significantly lower than the acceptable standard and what is considered normal (learn more about the affect of smoking on your and your baby's health)
- Smoking and Other Complications: Also, smoking during pregnancy increases the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy, which can lead to the loss of the foetus. Further, you can also end up having a premature baby, if you smoke during pregnancy, as this will lead to the burst of your water before the actual labour begins. Finally, smoking during pregnancy can give rise to complications in the placenta, which will result in a separation of the placenta from the uterine wall, much before the delivery actually happens.
In a month how much time we should have sex with a partner and pls help in this. And while in pregnancy till which month w e should have sex with the partner.
Hello dear, I am 27 year old, I have married last year, I have no any child till. My period date is 7th of month but this month periods has not come till date 27-11-15, I have checked pregnancy two times today also, pregnancy test show negative result, some one say this is happened because of harmonic disbalance, please suggest me medicine for getting period Or please tell me because of this I will face any problem in pregnancy in future.
I had sex with my husband on last month. But he had used condom and not injected in me. My regular date is 5th but its 27th now. Till now I don't get my periods. Please tell is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hello. I have some confusion related to pregnancy. I had suffered from miscarriage about 7 months back. Now I thing I'm pregnant. My expected period date is 19 Nov. But since last week I have lower abdominal pain. My period is comes early about 5 days every months but still it not comes. So what I have to do? Wait for periods or take pregnancy test? Pain is too much n im scared from miscarriage.
I am 28 years old and recently had a child so I want to know best contraceptive as I don't need any child till 5 years.
My girl friend is 25 yrs old. She had cysts on left ovary. She had operation (laparoscopy). 90% of that ovary removed. Now after 2 yrs it seems like right ovary also has cysts small one. Now recently her period stops for 3 months. And she noticed that a small tumour like feeling on her waist (don't know it is related to that cyst or not). But both the cysts were investigated and it is non cancerous. Please suggests something. Waist tumour like something has no pain.
Dear Sir/mam I am suffering from pcod from 11 years I have taken so many oral hormone and metformin but the result is zero I also have taken apcod but result yet zero I don't have regular period and a very less blood flow please suggest me some treatment.
I am a 33 years old female. I am having hypothyrodisom for last 4 years and I am taking thyroxine 100 mg. I am trying to conceive a baby since 9 months, but there is a problem in eggs fertility and rupturing also. Kindly suggest me the medicines for best eggs fertility.
My Partner turned 17 today we had an unprotected sex @21 Dec and she took unwanted 72 within next hour and then she bled on 26th dec today we had an unplanned intercourse again and had to take that pill again the next hour. She has decided not to take ipill again so womt have unprotected. So what are the causes now and for what she has to wait so that we can be relieved please help.
Hi My sister is 19. For approximately the last one year, she is having intermittent illness. Sometimes its severe stomach ache, sometimes fever, sometimes just weakness. She has pcos. However, its not that she is not well 24*7. Its just that once in every 3-4 weeks, something or the other troubles her. She is not being able to concentrate on her studies due to intermittent illness. When she consults the doctors, they give her certain tests, and reports suggest everything is fine, everytime. Please suggest what should she do, and should we be worried?
I always feel wetness in my vagina. I scared to think about sex. I feel I am not a normal person. Nd after marriage I can not handle the physical relationship.
My wife has pain in both the heels at one particular point. More so when she has to stand for extended period at a stretch. The pain is there everyday. What might be the reason and what should she do?
Vaginal dryness is a painful and uncomfortable condition that can happen to women of any age. It is most common in menopausal women. Low estrogen levels during menopause can be one of the main causes of vaginal dryness. Childbirth, anti estrogen and lactation are some of the other causes of vaginal dryness.
Other medications like those taken during breast cancer treatment can cause vaginal dryness. Antidepressants and allergy and cold medicines too can cause vaginal dryness. Some other uncommon causes are the use of vaginal douches which disturb the chemical balance and the unusual autoimmune disease called sjö gren's syndrome.
Hormone replacement therapy (hrt) is usually advised to treat vaginal dryness. But many women do not opt for it as hrt can lead to breast cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Homeopathy can help you with symptoms of menopause by triggering the natural hormonal balance.
Most of the time homeopathic remedies focus on the bigger symptoms of menopause to handle the issue of dryness. Some of the most recommended homeopathic remedies are as follows:
- Sepia: if you have marked itching accompanied by dryness, if you get hot flushes that move up your body and mood swings, if you feel pain during coitus and are susceptible to vaginal discharge and yeast infections, then sepia is beneficial.
- Lycopodium: you may need lycopodium if you have hot flushes that move up to your face and if your sweat smells, and feels sticky. If there is inconsistency in urination and you get cramps in your legs, lycopodium can help in the long run.
- Natrum mur: pain during sex (dyspareunia) leads to low self-esteem and strained relationships. Natrum mur is the best medicine to treat vaginal pain that arises from dryness.
- Platina: vaginal dryness leads to both dyspareunia and vaginismus (inability to engage in vaginal penetration, for instance, penile penetration, inserting tampons, etc.). These issues can be treated with platina.
- Argentum nitricum: vaginal dryness can lead to bleeding during sex. Argentum nitricum is most beneficial if you experience pain during sex and bleeding thereafter.
- Bryonia: hot flushes with feeling faint, headaches and constipation are treated with bryonia.
- Folliculinum: if there are complaints of brown or yellow vaginal discharge, erratic menstrual cycle, constant cystitis and weight gain along with dryness, then folliculinum is prescribed.