Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Indira KohliYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, Around five months back I took abortion pills and due to unsuccessful process get d&c. Due to negative blood group Doctor said it may be any problem that can cause I will never be able to conceive. Please suggest me what test I can have so that I will know I can conceive again or not.
There are more than 20 types of sexually transmitted diseases, including chlamydia, genital herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus (hpv; causes genital warts), trichomoniasis (called" trich"), and hiv/aids. Safer sex, std testing, and prompt treatment for stds can help reduce the spread of these infections.
How to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections and reduce your risk for serious std complications.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
I feel I have prblm of white discharge which is also called likoria. please tell me d symptoms of it and precautions or solution for it. I also feel pain in my left kidney and sometime xperienc swelling on this side what is d reason.
My aunt was pregnant in her old age and she want to abort that child. What are the natural methods for abortion naturally?
Hi, my wife is 32 years and we are happily married for 4 years now. We have a 3.6 years old kid. My wife is tested positive for next pregnancy, according to scanning report she is 9 weeks now. With deep regret we would like to discontinue second child for another 2 years. Our regular doctor has recommended surgical removal. Bus, we are little skeptical. Is this the only option or can the pregnancy be terminated using the medication. Just need a second opinion on this at the earliest.
Polycystic ovary syndrome is one of the most common diseases that are faced by the women of today and the major reason for this is the lack of healthy balanced diet. Pcos is a disease that prevails most commonly in obese or over-weight women. Women with pcos have higher level of insulins than normal and this causes your ovaries to produce excess androgens.
The pcos diet consists of food high in fibre and protein. High fibre food can help combat insulin resistance by slowing down digestion and reducing the effect of sugar on the blood. High fibre food includes beans, lentils, leafy vegetables, almonds and sweet potatoes. Lean protein plays a crucial part in the pcos diet as it ensures that it is filling and is a health dietary option for women. Lean protein is concentrated in food such as tofu, chicken and fish. The diet should also include food reducing inflammation such as tomatoes, kale, spinach and almonds and olive oil.
There are certain food items that should be avoided if you have pcos. They include foods with refined carbohydrates such as white bread, snacks and drinks with high sugar levels and inflammatory food such as red meat. Pcos like many other diseases is positive to proactive lifestyle. Weight loss dieticians state that a healthy diet along with daily exercises would keep pcos at bay.