Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indira KohliYour feedback matters!
I am having periods twice a month How is it possible? I had 2 ipill within 40 days 3 months ago. Is it a side effect of it.
Hello doctor I had unprotected sexual intercourse on june 21st. 37th day of my period. My last period was May 14th (14 -17th). Is ths safe day for me or NOT? Sterday I took Unwanted 72 pill also. please guide me.
I had sex with my girl after periods on 6 day but she was still blooding a little bit we was having sex without protection some blood occur on my penis so is it was and I have not eject inside her is there any chance that she will get pregnant or that blood occur on penis it will be harmful for.
Hi. I am 22 virgin. Is it normal to have one side of labia minora fatter & the other side almost visible partially?
I m late on my periods 18 days. I have already consulted with a doctor. She told me to have medicine untill I get periods. And I have less of blood. My periods are irregular also. Does that mean I m having pcos? I have gained weight also. Please help I m confuse.?
I am 24 years old. I often suffer from white discharge. I keep my vagina clean but there is always some strong foul fishy and urine smell which smells even from a distance. There is no pain but it itches sometimes.
Hello Doctor I am a new mother got delivered on 14january by today its 2 months complete I have undergone c section so my query is can I ride a bike after 2 months of delivery is it safe I feel perfectly alright I dnt feel any pain so give me some suggestion.
The pyramid diet was conceptualised in 1992 and it emphasises the best amount of servings to be consumed daily from the basic food groups (dairy, fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes, meat, oils and fats).
The pyramid is divided into four levels. The very first level is comprised of grains, beans and legumes; the level above it is made up of fruits and vegetable; the third level from the top is composed of meat and dairy products and the very last one on top contains fats, sugars and oils.
The diet aims to divide the food groups in the above mentioned fashion to make you understand just how much to consume from each food group. Here is a breakdown of servings from each food group:
- Grains- 5 to 7 servings
- Fruits and vegetables- 2 servings of each
- Milk and dairy- 3 servings of which 1/2 serving should be dairy products
- Oils, sugar and fats- 6 teaspoons for oils and minimal servings for fats and sugars
This seems relatively easy to follow, but most people do not understand portion control. The amount or serving of food is called portion control and it is important if you want your diet to work. Here is a guideline that you can follow:
- When you are consuming one serving of grains in one sitting, you can choose to eat one cup of cereals or one slice of whole-wheat bread.
- When you are eating vegetable or fruits with your breakfast or lunch, choose one and a half cup of chopped vegetables, or one piece of orange, banana or apple.
- If you are drinking milk, then one cup of milk in one serving. And, if you are eating meat, choose one ounce of cooked fish or chicken.
- Lastly, do not go beyond one teaspoon of vegetable oil and try to keep your sugar intake to the minimum throughout the day.
The pyramid is an excellent guide to lose some weight. You just need some concentration and a ton of commitment to stick to the guide. Along with the diet, don't forget to get some exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My girl friend is telling me to do sex with hr but hr vagina shod not brake like dt she tlng me to do sex how can we do like dt.
Hello I had sex with an married women she has one child and her husband still alive we are engaging in regular sex she don't have any STDs if we enjoy like this means is there any problems means STDs acute she is having sex with her husband also we r not using condoms if it is any problem in future.
I am suffering from cyst n I want to know about its remedies n precautions for it n does it affect my immunity n health also.
With the new fad to eat fatfree foods and remain healthy, the intent is to completely avoid fat. However, it is to be noted that fat is essential for various normal body functions, starting from proper brain functioning to hormone formation. What needs to be avoided is the unhealthy bad fat. Fat contains fatty acids, which are of two types-saturated and unsaturated. When heated, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) react with the oxygen in the environment and get damaged. These are to be avoided. The saturated fatty acids are relatively strong and do not oxidize or create damage. So, the next time you pick up oils, this is what you need to look at.
The good thing about olive oils is that it mostly contains monosaturated fatty acids (MSFA), which does not oxidize even at high temperatures (almost 180 degree Celsius).Another study showed that with deep frying using olive oil, it takes about 25 hours to produce the same damage as other cooking oils. Olive oil is produced by crushing olives.It can be refined or unrefined based on the amount of free oleic acid (lesser in the unrefined version).The unrefined form is the purer form, which is also known as extra-virgin olive oil. It has the aroma and flavor of olives and characteristic bitter taste.
What it contains: A can of 100 g of olive oil contains the following. Note the high content of monosaturated fat is present, which is highly healthy.
- Monounsaturated Fat: About 70%
- Saturated fat:About 13%
- Omega-6:About 10%
- Omega-3:About 1%
- Vitamin E:72% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K:75% of the RDA.
Some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are listed below:
- Anti-inflammatory: Heart disease, cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer's are all chronic inflammatory conditions and using olive oil for prolonged periods can reduce the onset and severity of these conditions. The oleic acid acts against the C-reactive protein responsible for spreading inflammation.
- Antioxidants: The ingredients in olive oil including the anti-inflammatory oleocanthal and oleuropein are known for their antioxidant properties.The latter is what prevents oxidation of olive oil when heated. These have powerful health benefits and can help fight severe diseases.
- Cardio-friendly: There are various ways in which olive oil helps the heart, some of them being reduced inflammation, preventing blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, improving blood vessel lining, and improves LDL levels.
- Cancer: With its oxidative properties, it reduces the amount of free radicals in the body, thereby reducing cancer.
- Brain function: Olive oil also reduces cognitive functioning and reduces formation of beta amyloid which is seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil and they have inherited these health benefits over centuries.
Hi my age s 23+ and I am married. From last 1 month I am noticing 2 white pimples in my both inner sides of vaginal lips. It s painless small hard but sometimes itching and burning. I too have excessive white secretion though I clean the area everyday. I am very worried doctor please suggest me some remedy. Is this normal? Anything to worry ?
Hi. I'm doing planning for pregnancy. Last month egg could be formed. But this month egg have not formed now 15 days after my period.in this month chance to egg will be formed. I have pcos. I'm under treatment. Thanks.
Hormonal changes loneliness and personal loss are among the factors that make women more vulnerable to depression than men.
Depression in mother could affect her relationship with the baby and leave a negative impact on the child's mental health