Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Imran
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ImranYour feedback matters!
Sir, Meri sitting job hai is karan mujhe health se related problem rehti hai. Like kamar dard ,eyes sight, weakness etc.
Hi, I got a single point sharp pain in the upper back, and I feel like sleeping and tired. But I don not sleep as I have work. The pain shoots for sometime and subsides. Please suggest me.
I am 26 years old for past five days I got thigh pain in my both legs side left and right when I was stretching my legs it's so difficult and getting pain I am feeling uncomfortable to sit also at the time of getting pain heavy due to what reason it's causes and treatment for this.
One year ago I was playing kabadi meanwhile I fell down on my arm which affected my upper arm joint near shoulder now I am unable to throw cricket ball also my shoulder displaced one day. I concerned to doctors they said take rest but still it's same. What should I do now.
Suffering from lateral Para cervical spondylitis pain from last 10 months, taken all treatments, including physiotherapy but still pain in neck, back of head, as per mri c2-c3 and c6-c7 affected. Pls suggest.
A tear in the anterior cruciate ligament or ACL is a common injury in people involved in sports. Any activity that involves sudden stops, jumping or sudden changes in direction have a chance of causing a tear in the ACL. Here is a look at some of the causes, symptoms, and treatment for the ACL injury.
Causes of the ACL injury
While the ACL injury is common in sportspersons, it can occur in others as well, due to sudden or excessive stain on the knee region. Common causes include-
- Suddenly slowing your pace and changing directions.
- Improper landing after a jump
- Suddenly stopping movement
- A direct and forceful blow to the knees, which is common in some sports, such as football, rugby, etc.
In some cases, the injury is mild enough to simply strain the ligament. However, a tear results when the force of impact on the ligament is high intensity.
Symptoms of the ACL injury
- A click or popping sensation in the knees during movement
- Extreme pain, which forces the patient to stop the strenuous activity
- Limited range of motion
- Swelling in the knee region
- Loss of balance when weight is put on the injured leg
Treatment for ACL injury
- Minor injuries can be treated with an ice pack. Rest can also alleviate the pain associated with such an injury.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs may be prescribed if there is considerable swelling and pain
- A knee brace is often required for people who intend to play sports despite an injury to the ACL.
- Physical therapy and exercises devised to strengthen the knee may also be effective in curing the condition.
- A severely torn ACL needs to be replaced using surgical procedure. People undergoing this surgery can often return to sports in a year or so.
In case of ACL injuries, prevention is often better than the cure. If you are into sports, make sure you exercise your knees and legs regularly, so that they are able to withstand the intense pressure put on them. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!