Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. I.K. DhawanYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 years old student. I suffer from pimples for a long time. Now pimples are under control but can't remove the black spots. Please help me?
1. I have pimples on my face, my skin is so oily that it sweats all the time and I feels itching on my face also.
The skin covers and protects all parts of the body. It is also most exposed to the outside world including the dust, pollution and other environmental pollutants. Smooth, healthy, glowing skin is what most of us desire, in addition to diet, lifestyle and stress produce various changes to the skin, which are just totally undesirable. In addition to the cosmetic effects, they also have a huge psychological bearing on a person. Imagine a person with acne-filled face, or a person with eczema on the hands, or a person with warts on the neck. They are obviously embarrassed and try to hide the affected part with clothing.
Homeopathy believes that these skin conditions are not just due to environmental causes, but have a deep underlying health condition. Correcting that will help restore normal healthy skin and improve the overall personality and quality of life of a person. Acne, psoriasis, eczema, warts and urticaria are the most common skin ailment commonly seen. Let's know more about these skin disorder-
- Acne: Acne is a common skin disease that causes pimples. Pimples form when hair follicles under your skin clog up. Most pimples form on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Anyone can get acne, but it is common in teenagers and young adults. It is not serious, but it can cause scars.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a noncontagious skin condition that produces plaques of thickened, scaling skin. The dry flakes of skin scales result from the excessively rapid proliferation of skin cells. The proliferation of skin cells is triggered by inflammatory chemicals produced by specialized white blood cells called lymphocytes. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
- Eczema: Rather than a specific condition, eczema is a group of unrelated diseases that have a similar appearance. When it is new eczema, the affected skin appears red and elevated with small blisters (vesicles) containing a clear fluid. When the blisters break, the affected skin will weep and ooze. In older eczema, chronic eczema, the blisters are less prominent and the skin is thickened, elevated, and scaling. Eczema almost always is very itchy.
- Warts: Warts are raised bumps on your skin caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Wart viruses are contagious. Warts can spread by contact with the wart or something that touched the wart. Warts are often skin-colored and feel rough, but they can be dark (brown or gray-black), flat, and smooth.
- Urticaria: Hives, also known as urticaria, affects about 20 percent of people at some time during their lives. It can be triggered by many substances or situations and usually starts as an itchy patch of skin that turns into swollen red welts. The itching may be mild to severe. Scratching, alcoholic beverages, exercise and emotional stress may worsen the itching.
However, there is a lot of overlap in terms of what homeopathic medications are used in each of these conditions. Most commonly used medicines are:
- Graphites: In patients with eruptions on the face, scalp, various joints, which are extremely itching, scaly, and dry, graphites is used. These people have dry hair with increased hair fall.
- Lycopodium: If the eruptions are dry and scaly, this can be used.
- Causticum: This is again widely used in treating warts, acne, and psoriasis.
- Calcarea: Eczema which covers the scalp and the face with white crusting, which is extremely itching especially in the morning. This is also useful in solitary warts which are round and hard.
- Sulphur: The sore skin has pustular eruptions. The scalp is dry but hot to the touch. There is a great tendency to scratch, especially at night. This is also the first choice to treat pustular acne, warts, and urticaria. It also helps in removing old scars from acne. A word of caution, it can cause exacerbation of symptoms, and this should not cause panic.
- Puslatilla: Acne is often associated with puberty, and in young girls, this is commonly used where there is an association with menstrual cycles.
- Antimonium crudum: This is widely used in warts that can be single or in groups, hard or smooth. There could be associated digestive issues and irritability.
With treatment for most of these skin troubles, there would be a dramatic improvement in the person’s mood before the actual skin problems improve. The person also would feel more motivated with higher energy levels. This is one of the major benefits of homeopathy, where not just the symptoms, but the person’s overall quality of life improves without any known side effects.
Hello sir, I used melapik cream along with Lumiedge soap by dermatologist advice for pimples. But I had darkness caused due to dry ness and itching on my face. Again doctor suggested me use kojiglow forte cream. I used it for one month. But I don't have any result. My face becomes very dark. please suggest me to glow my face and reduce the darkness around with and chin and under eyes.
How we should protect ourselves from loo in hot summer season? What food we should eat and what clothes we should wear? And how to protect ourselves from sun rays?
I am 20 years old. I am female. I have lots of dark sport on my face. What should I do to reduce them.
I am ruchi kansal! I am suffering from vitiligo from about 2 yrs! I consulted about this disease with skin specialist. But some other doctors told me that you wouldn't be recovered out of this. Can you please suggest me something useful for me.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my black. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should do?
I have it sensitive and oily skin with pimples and a lot of blackheads. How can I make my face smooth and fair?
I am 70 years old male. What should be blood urea level in my body my s. Creatinine is 1. 4. My ultra sound exams for prostate reads post void 5 ml. Please advise.
I have Dandruff and now I'm starting to get pimples on my face. They are hurting when touched. And they form marks on my face. Can you suggest a remedy for this issue?
Pityriasis rosea is a medical condition concerning the skin, which when contracted causes a rash. This condition can affect people of any age but it is usually seen to occur in people between the ages of 10 and 35. Pityriasis rosea is usually harmless. Read on more to find out all about the different causes, symptoms, prevention and treatments of pityriasis rosea.
Causes: Experts are unsure about the exact reason for the cause of pityriasis rosea. It is very different from other skin diseases as it is not caused due to an allergic reaction or caused due to fungal or bacterial infections. The rash is not contagious.
- Pityriasis rosea forms a rash which begins with a single, oval or round in shape pink patch which is scaly in nature and consists of a raised border. The size of the patch varies and can vary between 2cm to 10 cm in diameter.
- After a few days of the initial infection, salmon colored patches which vary in size from 1 to 2 cm in diameter appear in clusters in the chest, arms, back and abdominal regions.
- The patches which occur in the back often form vertically in an angular fashion such that its appearance is similar to that of a fir tree.
- The affected regions can cause severe itching in almost half the people who are affected by pityriasis rosea. The rash usually is cured in a span of 6 to 8 weeks but in certain cases it can persist for several months.
Treatment: Pityriasis rosea usually does not require any treatment. It usually goes away in the time span of 6 to 8 weeks. Itching can be subdued by using certain skin lotions and lubricants. If the itching is severe, your doctor might prescribe you certain anti-inflammatory medication. Certain antiviral medications also decrease the duration of the rash if they are taken at the beginning of the infection. In some cases exposure to sunlight also cures the rash very fast, but excess exposure to the sun can also cause sunburn and increase the risk of skin cancer. If the rash persists even after 3 months, it is highly advisable to consult a doctor.