Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. I.C. SethiYour feedback matters!
Question is for my aunty. Actually she is suffering from monopose since so many years. She feels so depressed. She do not feel healthy any more. Kindly suggest something worth for her.
I am 31 years old. I have a 2.5 years old daughter. I suffer from depression and anxiety. My husband is very egoistic and self centred. He is repenting for marrying me. I am non working. Husband is ignoring me sexually and emotionally too. His mother always dominates me. She misguide him and do mischievous activities in his absence. If I inform him den he will not believe or he starts abusing me or threatening me. He keeps saying to others that I am mental because I talk much.
My baby (15 weeks) had received 2 doses of IPV (at 6 and 10 week respectively) as part of his regular immunization schedule. For 3rd dose (at 14th week) he was given OPV instead of IPV. Should I concern about this? Can I give an IPV too? Will this over dose him?
I am 29 years old girl. Having anxiety and feeling shortness of breath, m taking medication. I have fear of closed places. What should I do to overcome this problem and what should I eat during anxiety? Please help me out.
Hi I am 35 year old and working for a pvt firm. I have a good experience about my profile and am able to execute tough tasks. I changed jobs frequently for better opportunities and all the time I faced lots of difficulty in setting down. Infact, at some places I couldn't and finally left the job. Please help is there anything wrong with me.
I am 31 years old and I am smoking cigarettes from 14 years including weed did not had a good childhood, I don't get firm erections I think I would not be able to have good sexlife with my wife, I am the eldest in my family I have two younger brothers my father and mother wants me to get married they already began searching please help me doctor I am worried and I m going into depression I want to quit all this but no matter how hard I am trying its just not happening I am addicted please help show me some way doctor I come from a very disturbed family background and been lonely from 12 yrs now I sometimes think I am gone mad that I have some psychic problems.
I have stammering problem only when I give some seminar or orientation. So can I take propranolol? If so when or any other solution? Plzz help.
Doctor please help me I am 30 year old suffering from depression. And on medication now veniz xr 150 mg. I have a bank job as a cashier since a week I am suffering from work anxiety I donno y? And also I smoke little bit I feel fear whether I will do job perfectly tomorrow or not even also taking tablets I feel scary and anxiety too much and my right hand shoulders were fees aching I think that my right hand is not working properly only. Why it happens doctor and I am not concentrating anything properly and for little things again I worry too much please help me doctor. Again one thing I will always do that I surf too much about how to overcome depression ocd treatments repeatedly I donno wt is happening with me please help me.
Before 2 years, I am for any reason very depressed thought them of sucide attempts, tbhi se bhut sir dukhta h bhut, vapis uss bare me soch kr, past vapis aajata h jb samne, what I do.
My friend is 30 years old male. He is depressed all time because he is feel guilty. When he was 18-19 years he sleep with his mother when his mom was sleeping his hands was on her breast and abdomen. He was not in control. His mother does not know this matter. Some times he was doing it. One day he realize then he feel depressed. He is worried since last 11 years about this matter. He does not share this matter to any other friend and to his family member. Now he belongs to the deep deep problem. He is feeling guilty. Its effects his head is warm and ear is heat every time. Last years he goes to Kolkata Moner Alo institute, Dr. Take medicine Zaptra 25 mg. But no result this medicine. His matter does not share to the doctor. So what should I do in this matter. Pls reply sir.
Sir, I am a boy 15 years old , what should be consumed to improve memory power and to stay focused on studies.
Sir I have a bad habit to eat (gutkha) tobacco. I want to quit it but I unable to do it. Please tell me what to do?
I am 66 male. Am not getting proper erection and time to enjoy sex. But mentally I want it. Suggest some medicine so as I am able to enjoy properly.
Hello doctor please help me I am totally in depression mode feeling like hell. Since childhood only I was suffering from depression and anxiety. And from childhood only I was attracted to male people being male I am attracted to male people only not attracted to females but now I am 30 year old here only I am showing a psychiatrist I did not told abt doctor that I am attracted to male people but I do not want to be a gay I need heterosexual life please help me doctor in home also all are telling to marry but I am getting anxiety more and more feeling scary not concentrating anywhere continuously checking in google like how to cure a gayness and all but I do not get the answers feeling horrible in life now please help me how to overcome from homosexuality to heterosexuality.
OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder, which can be indicated through obsession, having pervasive thoughts or thoughts, which may upset you, having certain compulsions, and practicing certain rituals, which may help to control or manage your obsessions. It is a disorder, which cannot be cured, but can be controlled with the help of treatment. Mostly, OCD is considered to be a lifelong disorder. It often circulates around the fear of germs or sickness and around keeping order and maintaining patterns.
He/she experience Doubt
Here's how it works. The person experience an unwanted thought which suggests the possibility of a catastrophic problem. For instance:
- What if I left the stove on, and the neighborhood burns?
- What if I got insecticide on my hands, and my family gets poisoned?
- What stops me from taking the carving knife and stabbing my spouse?
- What if I got poked by a needle infected with HIV?
These are thoughts about catastrophes. Naturally, you want to set them aside, and assure yourself that all is well.
And you try. You try very hard, very repetitively, to persuade yourself that all is well. You probably recognize that the thoughts are pretty exaggerated, even silly. But you keep trying to get rid of them. You try to feel absolutely sure that they're false. Even though you've never experienced these problems in the past, you want somehow to be certain that they will never happen in the future.
Here are some Tips that can help you in overcoming OCD
- Consult a qualified Psychiatrist: A qualified Psychiatrist is the only person who can diagnose and answer your question “Do I have OCD?” Fortunately, effective medicines are available now that can certainly help you overcome OCD. One important thing is, even if the medicines are taking time to work, consult your psychiatrist. Inform your Psychiatrist and he will make necessary changes in the prescription.
- Educate Yourself about OCD: There’s no substitute for being an informed patient. Your understanding of OCD, and of the treatment method, will be a key to your progress. If you’re going to overcome OCD, you need to become an informed consumer.
- Don’t be alone: OCD sufferers tend to do some compulsions to overcome their anxiety and these rituals are silly and awkward, that is why to avoid embarrassment such personally prefer to stay indoors. But staying indoors makes your mind locked in an OCD viscous cycle and it becomes difficult to break the cycle.
- Meditation: Meditation is an ancient relaxation method that can do wonders for you in overcoming OCD.
- Never neglect 3 practices: Regular Exercise, Healthy Diet and Sound sleep.
- Stop comparing yourself with others: it’s human nature to compare ourselves with others. Everyone has problems, difficulties. But they might be hiding there their sorrows, worries behind a mask, conveniently. Do not judge their quality of their happiness by looking at their external appearance.
- Find the cause: Find the real hidden reason for your anxiety, and take measures to reduce it. Sometimes chronic depression, childhood trauma, lack of sufficient sleep, etc. might be the reason.
- Help others: You will feel the satisfaction when you help others and see their smile.
- Don’t control your thoughts: Rather, control your reactions. And, Be happy, remain positive.
- Listen to music: Music has the tremendous power of healing and it diverts your mind.
- Do believe in the theory of KARMA: do your duties, don’t worry about results.