Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. I.C. SethiYour feedback matters!
Are phychiartists good enough to cure depression? Or they just waste money? Are psychiatrist drugs trauma free?
Im a smoker. I smoke twice in a day! is it really dangerous to my health. If so. Hw mch cigarette should I? In a day.
I am a 17 year old student. I used to be academically good, but since about a year now, I find it impossible to concentrate while studying and it's a big issue. My symptoms resemble a subtype of ADHD though I can't be having that. Besides inability to focus while studying I have completely lost sincerity, self control and have developed a really casual attitude, all hampering my studies. I feel that these symptoms also affect my life in other ways. Time is really scarce now so please suggest a solution fast.
I am in home for a month and then return to my hostel again. My roomie who is very close to me behaving very different now days. The girl whom we don't like have good bonding with my roomie. I don't have frnds in this city. I am feeling so alone here and frustrated too as my coaching is starting after 3-4 days. What can I do now I am too much frustrated with my roomie nd that girl.
Symptoms for Bipolar disorder varies from patient to patient. Bipolar 1 and bipolar 2 can vary in terms of signs and symptoms. Both diseases have a different set of symptoms and they are diagnosed according to the merit of the symptoms.
Bipolar 1 is characterised by a manic episode. This may be followed by a hypomanic or depressive instance. Symptoms of mania can cause major impairment in life and extreme cases may require hospitalisation. Bipolar 1 patients can suffer from psychosis as well.
Bipolar 2 is characterised by a hypomanic instance that lasts for at least four days and one depressive instance lasting for a minimum of two weeks. Bipolar 2 doesn’t involve a manic episode. Frequent mood swings and violent behaviour can be major challenge in a patient’s life.
Warning signs of manic and hypomanic behaviour:
a. Quick passing thoughts
b. Unusual talkativeness
d. Increased social activity
e. Inflated sense of self-esteem
Symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Anxious distress: Apprehensions about not finishing a task on time, feeling of restlessness, feeling of losing control, difficulty in concentrating due to distress, fearing an awful event will occur in the near future, etc., are key symptoms of anxiety distress.
- Melancholic features: Patients suffering from bipolar disorder like to be left alone. They may not seek pleasure in any activity and even good things may not have much effect on them.
- Catatonia: This is a condition wherein, a person stops reacting to the environment. Not speaking and holding unusual body positions are some signs of these symptoms. There might be a tendency of mimicking too.
- Psychosis: This is one of the classical symptoms of bipolar disease. It is characterised by hallucination, constant depression and delusions.
- Seasonal pattern: There is a pattern of manic, hypomanic and depressive episodes throughout the year. The pattern might change within a month or season.
- Rapid cycling: The number of mood swings can exceed four or more times in a single year.
- Peripartum onset: This is a condition where bipolar disorder symptoms are witnessed in a pregnant woman during pregnancy or within the four weeks following delivery.
Symptoms in children: It is difficult to find symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens. Along with bipolar disorder, kids are most often diagnosed with other mental health problems as well. The problems can result from stress, trauma or chemical imbalance of the brain. Perhaps the biggest symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens are their frequent mood swings, chronic depression and feeling of despair. There might be a tendency of oversleeping as well. Reaching out to a doctor or professional help is very necessary for cases related to children and teens. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.