Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. I.C. SethiYour feedback matters!
Does anxiety cure through medication. Or automatically? I am taking anti depressant medicine like galop plus 10.
Is there any side affects of having marijuana. I want to quit from it but I can't. Please suggest me.
My wife is suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. Sometimes she is very rigid and violent. Sizdon plus medicine she is taking. But she is reluctant to take a medicine. What should be done. Also she doesn't believe on any body including me also.
I am 35 years male, last 8 to 10 moth I am feeling it is very hard or difficult to re call memory. Please advise.
I have social anxiety problems, I sweat a lot in public. I have also had stammering problems some years ago but I overcame it. I have great fear of giving or being in any type of public performance like speech .I have a habit of observing people and their actions. They irritate the hell out of me and I think they would be better off. I have short temper. I can not converse long with people and also do not even wish to talk to others. These days I'm having depression and feeling miserable and misanthropic. Everyday this trial of my monotonous life scares me at the end of the day. Will my life change? Will I be able to come out of this deep pit? Please give any guidance & help me out.
I'm writing competitive exams for last 3 years with many failures and feeling depressed. I feel that I am not mentally prepared to tackle the exams and what are the method to activate my brain to work at its maximum efficiency.
I'm 24 year old male working in a private company. I am suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder, I'm finding it extremely difficult to work these days, I'm getting nervous, shake, sweating, for even small problems pertaining to my work. I surfed web, and found that 5 htp supplement can reduce these symptoms. And I want to know whether it is advisable to take it, if yes what mg should I take?
My father 53 years old suffering with alcoholism. Drinking is on its worse stage. No listening at all what to do. Medica condition- weak lean, suffering With fit's. Please devise.
I love a girl who is a friend of mine but I don't know she loves me or not. So many time I scolded her but still she is still with me how can I know she also wants me or not and how can I get rid of addiction of her text.
Hello doctor! I am 33 years old. I started drinking in 2007 and continued till July 2016. It was mostly on weekends or in parties. Now I want to quit drinking completely. I am suffering from acidity and that is the only problem which I am facing. I want to know doctor if I quit drinking now then will I be safe in future or is there any chance of any dangerous disease in future. Please doctor suggest what is beneficial for me. Thanks a lot Sir.
I have a habit of smoking and I drink occasionally. I smoke 5-7 cigarettes a day. I want to quit smoking. What should I do?
Hello. I am suffering from a deficiency of b12. My level was 97. I have no physical symptoms but I feel high anxiety and many illogical questions in my mind. Can you please guide me through?
Hello, I am vedika 18 years. I just want to improve my concentration and sitting capacity to study. I usually study for 1 to 2 hrs. After that I get bored then I just keeps my books away so please suggest something. That increase my concentration.
I drink coffee everyday morning. I start my studies from 5 o clock and I drink 4 to 5 cups of coffee. Is drinkinging this many coffee bad for my health.
He lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to himself alone please help him.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.