Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hirday
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HirdayYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from p. C. O. D, weight, fatty lever. Difficulty to conceive. Please tell me the possible way to conceive ?
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.
Dear doctor am married one year we are trying for baby but not yet getting pregnant my periods are regular every month cycle 30 days it will come but not getting conceive pls suggest me what Is the reason.
I am 31 years old, I dont have kids after 5 years of marriage, i' ve low, 20 mln sperm count and my wife(30 years old) has irregular period cycle, she has undergone endometerosis for the same. What do you suggest us ?
Married for seven months. Last two months I found that after the fifth day of my periods also I have blood flow not heavy. Today it's my seventh day I'm having little flow. What is the problem behind it. Will it affect to get pregnant in future.
HELLO. As I say before I didn't get pregnant from last 2 year my age 23 n my weight 60. I consult gynecologist she suggest me to have some tests I did my report came I ask her what's the problem she said I have prolactin hormones problem but I didn't understood. Can you explain me in details what's the actual problem is. Its a minor problem or major. Now what I have to do please suggest me. I request you please explain me in details what is prolactin hormones what will happen from this. I unable to attach my reports because there no options showing here. Thank you.
I am 24 and I am married I am doing sex with my husband but little sperm is fall in my vagina so I want to want to know it's sign of pregnancy. Please give me the answer on priority.
300 Calories is the average calorific value of our daily sugar intake. It's no wonder then that dietician and weight loss (Learn more about weight loss) gurus across the world will advise you to quit added sugar as the first step of a weight loss program. Added sugar refers to processed sugar in the form of cubes, sugar crystals or powdered sugar and does not include natural sugars found in fruits, vegetables etc. Apart from cakes and sweets, we eat added sugar in a number of ways including a number of packaged foods like sauce and salad dressings.
If you consume a lot of sugar on a daily basis, quitting added sugar could leave you with withdrawal symptoms. Quitting added sugar is not easy, but here are a few reasons it is well worth the effort.
- You'll have fewer pimples: Sugar has inflammatory properties. This can trigger systemic inflammation leading to the acne. Thus quitting sugar can instantly reduce the number of pimples on your face and give you clearer skin (Learn more about Healthy Skin).
- It improves the health of your heart: Added sugar can raise insulin levels. This activates the sympathetic nervous system and increases blood pressure and heart rate. Stopping your consumption of added sugar can lower cholesterol levels and decrease the amount of triglycerides in the body. This lowers blood pressure and boosts cardiovascular health. (Know more about blood sugar level)
- A friendly weight scale: Replacing toffees with dry fruits will considerably reduce your calorific intake. Similarly switching packaged salad dressing for fresh homemade dressing can also make your salad healthier. Given that we eat added sugar in so many forms, making a conscious decision to quit added sugar can have a big impact on your daily calorie intake. Studies show that this simple step can lead to a weight loss of up to 10 pounds in six months.
- It'll make remembering names easier: Added sugar can hinder learning and memory. Over time, it can also damage communication between brain cells. Quitting sugar can boost both your short term as well as long term memory. You will also find it easier to focus on will be able to be attentive to something for longer periods of time.
- A good night's sleep: You don't just need 8 hours of sleep a day; you need 8 hours of restful sleep at the right time. Sugar makes blood sugar fluctuate and the crash that follows a sugar high can make you feel sluggish around mid-day. Many people find that if they have an afternoon nap, it becomes more difficult for them to fall asleep at night. Sugar also releases cortisol that interferes with sleep. Thus quitting added sugar can keep you alert through the day and help you fall asleep easier at the end of the day.
I just wanted to know is it possible to have periods in pregnancy. Because my friend have periods now but she also checked two months before and she was pregnant. So please give explanation on this.
Description: botanical name of haritaki is terminalia chebula. It is also known as harad. Accoring to bhavprakhash haritaki was derived from a drop of nector from indra's cup therefore it has capacity to fight with every disease. It is one of the content of triphala the wonder drug of ayurveda.
-helps in balancing acid in stomach
-it helps in healthy functioning of lungs
-it is helpful in obesity
-helps in flatulance
-helps in proper functioning of liver
-helps in improving haemoglobin level
-used as a mild laxative
-useful in nervine weakness
-useful in toothache
Some one please help explain what is causing my boyfriends cum to smell so bad inside of me? Sometimes it takes a week for it to fully leak out of me! Sometimes I feel like it rots in there and then leaks out. It smells so bad! I need advice as to what is causing it and how to get rid of it.
Mere daughter 25 years usko period k baad abdnoemal me bahut dard hota unbearable bahut se doc ko dikaya par koi fark nahi padha please koi help kere.
My 40 yrs old friend had unprotected sex on 17th november. Her partner did not ejaculate inside. She immediately popped ipill within 3hrs after act. Her periods were on 3rd november and are regular. She has been taking daily papaya twice a day. What are pregnancy chances? What is recommended dose of ipill?
My period running 16 days it's close over 2moths and now it is not stop and the bleeding is very high and thick .so what can I do please help me.
I'm suffering from pcos (polysistic ovaries) from past 6 yrs I took treatment from a gynecologist but didn't find any change in my periods Wat further steps shud I take?
I am 36 year old, I have 10 month baby. I have mensuration 2 month correctly, this month 40 days has went, not yet mensus I am. Is anything problem. Not possible for pregnant.
Semen analysis is an indispensable part of evaluation of an infertile couple. But the results of semen analysis often creates confusion. It is accepted that if semen analysis report is normal, male factor is usually said to be normal.
Now what, if abnormality is found. Remember, semen abnormality is very common, even in those who are already having children. Because sperm production takes almost 3 months. SO, your current semen analysis reveals your health 3 months ago. If you had fever or any heat exposure to scrotum (may be even tight underwear or hot tub bath) 3 months ago, your today's semen analysis will be abnormal. So, mere abnormality does not draw a conclusion, unless it is severely abnormal.
Now, what we see in semen. There are various parameters. I'm not going into details. But to be simplified, sperm abnormality may be due to two basic reasons. 1) Sperms are not produced by the testes in good quantity (amount) or quality (healthy- motility and looking normal). 2) Sperms are produced normally by the testes but cannot come in semen due to defect in the sperm-carrying pathway (may cause low count, defective sperm and also low motility).
One important thing is to remember, sperm production has nothing to do with manliness. You may feel absolutely normal with normal sex life but sperm production may be defective. SO, first thing is not to feel depressed when the report comes abnormal.
So, whenever we find abnormality, we have to detect the cause. Treatment without detecting thee cause is more likely to FAIL. So, first thing is- whether sperms are produced or not.
Sperm production may be hampered due to diseases in testes- that may present since birth or may be due to some factors occurring later life. These include undescended testes, chromosomal defect, varicocele, diseases in the body (like TB, diabetes, kidney/ liver disease etc), heat exposure to scrotum, smoking, environmental poisons and even some drugs (including alcohol, marijuana, chemotherapy). These are called "TESTICULAR DEFECTS. In some cases, testes are normal but cannot produce sperms because of problems in other glands situated in brain (hypothalamus and pituitary). We call them "PRE-TESTICULAR DEFECTS.
Sperm carrying pathway may sometimes get obstructed due to diseases like infection, operations, some genetic defects. These are called "POST-TESTICULAR or OBSTRUCTIVE DEFECTS.
In most cases of semen defect, treatment is not needed, as we can bypass the normal pathway and use the sperms produced in semen to make your partner pregnant with your own sperm. In severe cases, we can collect sperms from testes and impregnate your wife. In only very few unfortunate men or who cannot afford costly therapy, only option is donor sperm.
In very few cases of TESTICULAR or PRE_TESTICULAR DEFECTS, medicines can help (but in very few cases). In OBSTRUCTIVE CASES, surgery may be needed to correct the defect. But, often we don't need these treatments as the results are not good and take long time to get the results.
So, why to wait and try doubtful treatments, when your prime aim is to father a baby? Just one thing, don't get depressed and talk to doctor, he will find out the cause and give you the best result.
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference in the long-term and on a sustainable basis. Presently, it is used by over 200 million people. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high in dosage. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
Following are the 7 myths about homeopathy:
- Training: It is a major myth that homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on pathology, anatomy and other fields like materia medica and homeopathic philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. However, the fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Unscientific medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on periodic tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in cases where there is ultimate need of manual intervention where medicinal action is not suggestive eg: fractures, appendicitis, large tumors, etc.
- No proof of efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame. It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!