Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hello doctor, Can you tell me home remedy to remove tanning. Because my body easily gets tan in summers.
I am Indira. I have dark circles under eyes. I have been using almond oil for the 20 days. Please give me better advice.
Last day night I have sex with my wife with extra doted condom so after intimate some doted red mark been on anus sported. I have tried to rub pr wash twice but those mark are not going. So what to do sir. I have already sex many times but never have this mark earlier. This tym I sex after 1 week So please tell how to remove these marks from anus.
I have eI have a bird in my home. The bird bite me today between nail and skin in the smallest finger of my right hand. One drop blood comes from the skin. I washed my skin with liquid dettol hand wash and applied antiseptic dettol with cotton on the skin Is this enough or should I do anything else. I have a bird in my home The bird bite me today between nail and skin in the smallest finger of my right hand.
Shine bright: 10 ways to ensure glowing skin this summer
Summers open the doors to shorts, ice creams, cool drinks, and swims. But while having all the fun, don't forget to take care of the largest organ of your body and that is your skin. Due to the strong and harsh rays of the sun during summers, we need to take special care of our skin which gets exposed to plenty of sun especially in a tropical country like India.
So, here are some essential skin care tips you must follow to ensure healthily and glowing skin this summer season:
1. Stay hydrated
Due to excessive water loss from the body through sweating, you need to drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. Drink at least 15-20 glasses of plain water each day.
2. Wear sunscreen
Choose a sunscreen with SPF 40 or above and apply it on your skin 20-30 minutes before your skin is exposed to the sun. This helps in protecting your skin against harmful UV rays which can potentially cause skin cancer.
3. Use a protective gear
You should invest in a good pair of sunglasses, a hat or an umbrella as these provide further protection for your skin from the strong and harmful rays of the sun.
4. Wear minimal makeup
Try and use minimal make-up that is mineral-based instead of cream-based. Wearing heavy make-up during summer causes sweating and may clog your pores.
5. Clean your face often
Clean your face twice a day with a face wash. In addition, you can clean your face with plain water up to five times a day in case your work requires you to stay outdoors for long hours.
6. Go for exfoliation
While face wash can clean the face up to an extent, it is important to also use an exfoliating scrub on your face at least 3 times a week since all the sweat, oil and dirt clogs pores. A natural home-made scrub of curd, besan and honey soothes and cleanses the skin and can be used on the entire body.
7. Use a toner
You can go for a natural one (e. G. A mix of aloe-vera juice and rose water) or buy one from the market. In summers, toning your skin is very important since natural skin oils are secreted that may clog pores and cause acne.
8. Avoid peak sunshine
Avoid going out between 11 am to 4 pm if possible since the rays of the sun are harshest during that time and can damage your skin.
9. Remove tan
In case, your skin gets tanned in the summer, use simple home-made packs made of sandalwood powder, lemon juice, cucumber juice, tomato juice to remove tan and also give you a glowing skin.
10. Eat fresh
Eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible and avoid oily foods. Swap caffeine and alcohol for fresh lime juice and other fruit juices.
Iam suffering from prostatomegaly grade ll with an app. Volume of 44cc. Whether I should go for operation or take medicine and which medicine I should take & how long? please advice.
I have oily skin and pimple problem due to it. How to get rid of it? please suggest me homemade treatments.
Hi my name is Akshay and I am 22 years old, My Question is, My face had some scars/dark spots due to old pimples but they are not healing with time, I use a good product as a face wash which was recommended to me by a dermatologist and I use it twice a day but its not healing my skin, so can you recommend me any product which I can apply in night and which could heal up my face ? Thanks.
A boil or a skin abscess is a type of bacterial skin infection that leads to formation of a pus-filled red bump on the skin. It usually starts in an oil gland or a hair follicle on the face, the armpits, the neck or the shoulders. If a cluster of boils appears, it is called a carbuncle and this is a more severe infection than a boil. However, most boils are caused by minor infection and can be healed with simple treatment at home. Listed below are the various ways to deal with a boil:
- Boils are not entirely preventable but normal daily hygiene can reduce the frequency of the occurrence of boils.
- When you notice a boil formation, you should apply a hot compress on it. The heat helps to prevent the formation of too much pus by helping it drain faster. When the blood circulation to the area is improved by the heat, the antibodies help to draw out the germs.
- The boil usually drains on its own. You may try draining it yourself but only when it is soft. Poking a hard boil can be extremely painful; it may bleed and make the infection worse. It is usually best to let it drain by itself.
- When the boil starts draining, you can clean the infected area with an antibacterial soap daily till the boil is drained and flattened. You may clean it with some rubbing alcohol in order to prevent the germs in the pus from spreading to other areas of the body.
- The infected area can be kept covered with sterile gauze coated with antibiotic ointment.
- Penicillin-based antibiotics can be used to treat the boil but only if it is a severe infection.
- 7. If the boil is excessively painful, you can use pain relievers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol.
- Avoid sitting in one particular position for too long because this increases the pain.
- It is important to wash your hands every time you touch the draining boil because the bacteria is extremely contagious and can spread to other areas of your skin as well as to other people.
- All the articles which have been used to treat the boils like the gauze, cloth, cotton and hot compress should either be discarded or disinfected to avoid spreading of the infection.