Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hema Mehta
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Hema MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have irritation and itching in my both eyes. Water is also falling from my eyes while studying and watching tt. V.what can I do to prptact my eyes?
My eyes blink for whole day when I m tired or not slept for 1 night and I cant see any thing around me.
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from bacterial conjunctivitis infection. After consulting with two doctors, I have used the following eye drops: 1. Tear drops, 2. Milflodex, 3. Tobacin, 4. Eyemist Forte and 5. Zymaxid But then there is no improvement even after 16 days. Symptoms are discharge of water, wax from eyes, severe itching and pinching, redness of eye. Please advice me how the cure as I have been suffering incessantly since more than 16 days.
When I was use the system. More than one hour. Water was came to my eye's. Pl let me know the solution for this problem.
I am having myopia and astigmatism. And also when I wear lens it start irritating in left eye. And lenses make my eyes dry. And so I want to know that can I have lasik surgery? and what are its side effects and recovery time?
Sir, I feel headache after working 2/3 hours on laptop or computer. I check my eyes also that is 6/6 both eyes. This pain is not a permanent problem it occurs only 1 or 2 times in the week. What can I do?
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.